It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Boldly Go......in the name of Trump's Space Force

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
If you believe the conspiracies, we already have a space force, have already colonized Mars, and can already get to the stars, etc. IMO, a space force is a bit premature. We got through WWII without an distinct Air Force, which was formed from the US Army after the war. The problem is that the US Air Force thinks it owns space and the US Navy thinks it ought to because: space ships, not space tanks,And I think that will be awhile.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It went really, really black.

No way the research ended. Too much time and money invested. One of those mystery lines in defense appropriations that Senators/Reps know not to ask about...

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

Actually we had a space command before 9-11...we continue to boldly go and monitor space but since China and Russia have made it clear that they can destroy satellites it puts an urgency on or GPS system that is still run by our military meaning maybe we need more resources or assets in space...Space Command
Air Force Space Command

We absolutely need to protect our equipment in space I'm just not sure that we need another agency to do it...I would assume that the Airforce is quite capable of continuing to monitor the skies..
edit on 9-8-2018 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2018 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: cosmickat

Trump's space force?

Is that like the Schwartz from Spaceballs?

I could see Trump dressed like a mog, trying to duke it out with Lord Helmet.

He is his own best friend.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
My bet is a private company is first to colonize and control space.

I am certain that if space is colonized it will become a warzone. It is our human nature. It will become a mess I doubt any country will be able to control it nor will any other countries allow one country to control it.

WMDs are floating all around space. Adequate thrust is all it would take to send asteroids tumbling to earth.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

The problem is that we have three Space Commands. They all overlap and don't talk to each other because they're dealing with their own services and not each other.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: introvert

Trump's space force?

Sure beats wait for it.

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

Hitchen rides with the RUSSIANS!

Don't need a space force to get to the ISS.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Nobody really abided by The Outer Space Treaty of 1967. If you think they did, you're delusional. So this is really nothing new except the formalizing of a new branch of the military.

We've already been doing these things for years. Frankly I would much rather it be made public and become more transparent so we actually know what is happening, not to mention where our tax dollars are going. Military spending also increases developments in technology, which eventually benefit everyone. This is well established.

Would you rather China or Russia develop space dominance first? I think this is great, and hope we get to find out more along the way.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: oriondc
Nobody really abided by The Outer Space Treaty of 1967. If you think they did, you're delusional. So this is really nothing new except the formalizing of a new branch of the military.

We've already been doing these things for years. Frankly I would much rather it be made public and become more transparent so we actually know what is happening, not to mention where our tax dollars are going. Military spending also increases developments in technology, which eventually benefit everyone. This is well established.

Would you rather China or Russia develop space dominance first? I think this is great, and hope we get to find out more along the way.

I think we are looking at this the wrong way.

We should not be trying to be the first to develop space "dominance". We should be working with other nations, like Russia and especially China, to get out there and explore, test new technologies, etc. Kind of like what we are trying to do now, but on a much larger, more focused scale, rather than trying to be the first to wave our peckers from space as some sort of male dominance macho thing.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

And as long as nations compete for resources, then putting things aside and cooperating is far less likely to happen.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat
Anyway...thoughts?

I say we call it the Space Farce.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
"lets weaponize space... but say in language what the cult45' mind will interpret as 'not weaponizing space', ".

easily done.

the forefathers must be turning in their graves

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Can't stand Trump achieving something good, can you?

Go cry under your mom's arms now.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

You think they haven't been sending weaponized satellites in orbit already? That research into SDI didn't just go away when they killed the program.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Can't stand a negative joke about Trump, can you?

Go pull that board out of your ass.
edit on 9-8-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: oriondc

I think we are looking at this the wrong way.

We should not be trying to be the first to develop space "dominance". We should be working with other nations, like Russia and especially China, to get out there and explore, test new technologies, etc. Kind of like what we are trying to do now, but on a much larger, more focused scale, rather than trying to be the first to wave our peckers from space as some sort of male dominance macho thing.

Sometimes someone has to be first to get others on board. Sometimes one has to make a show of strength to get others on board. I would be glad to see more cooperation, but I'd also like to see anything done better than the disaster that has been NASA over the past 15 years. I mean, good lord we don't even have a manned space program anymore. So yeah, I'll take a Space Force rather than, ya know, nothing.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
"lets weaponize space... but say in language what the cult45' mind will interpret as 'not weaponizing space', ".

easily done.

the forefathers must be turning in their graves
Literally makes no sense, please, remedial courses are a must 😑

...and for the record, are forefathers were turning in our graves when leftist ran this country to the ground for EIGHT years.

Good job yo.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Classic Democrat.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: vinifalou

Can't stand a negative joke about Trump, can you?

Go pull that board out of your ass.
Well how about you first take the stick our of yours in reference to anything Trump? Then perhaps a decent conversation may ensue 😏

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join