It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes I was thinking about this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So far today not a single called came in or out. I know it’s early but I can tell it’s going to be a VERY slow day. I was thinking last night about a few things that was said to me in regards to how I run my team. I am not taking down my sign and not changing my policies. But maybe I could be less of a d-bag. On slow days I like to do team building exercises. I don’t lie to my team cause they are not stupid. They know what they are yet still enjoy them. But today I think I may change it up a bit. I have “cards against humanity” sitting on my back seat. Now if I bring those in I don’t think it would appropriate for my participation. I am just going to hand them off and go get food for everyone. Can’t be too heavy on the food though. It is only 8AM here. So Sushi and I know 2 members won’t eat it so also sliders. I have a conference call at 10 and other than that our work is done. Well I guess work is never done but I assume you get my drift. So here it goes! This very well may backfire but at the very least I will learn from this.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Forget the cards, do bring food. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Are you going to be there?! And also do you know who I am? But yes food will be at this glorious occasion!

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What type of Business do you run ?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Are you going to be there?! And also do you know who I am? But yes food will be at this glorious occasion!

I haven't received an invite so I'm guessing no.
I do not know who you are.
Praise the food. I googled the game, it didn't sound like fun. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
What type of Business do you run ?

Well I don’t own the company. I work in the pharmaceutical market. Essentially I am a “bean counter”. They have me down as a “threat assessment” official but really I help them determine a “threat” to secure the bottom line. I do research into a certain division and have access to financial records for said division. I find the problem and help rectify or I fire. Pretty much my job.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Well I don’t own the company. I work in the pharmaceutical market. Essentially I am a “bean counter”. They have me down as a “threat assessment” official but really I help them determine a “threat” to secure the bottom line.

The threat are cures.....

hahaha, I jest, I jest.

Everyone else meet me in the conspiracy threads

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Well I don’t own the company. I work in the pharmaceutical market. Essentially I am a “bean counter”. They have me down as a “threat assessment” official but really I help them determine a “threat” to secure the bottom line.

The threat are cures.....

hahaha, I jest, I jest.

Everyone else meet me in the conspiracy threads

BWAHAHAHA ya I know as do they.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Give them some free time off with pay, say the rest of the afternoon. They will always appreciate that.

Maybe you have different tact compared to my current supervisor. We have tried team building exercises before and they were pure (#*&$#_#@($ torture. I would have rather been doing my job than to pretend this was going to accomplish much other than making the routine job seem better than the team building exercise. Like taking a vacation in prison and then the real world seems like a gift when you get out. Is that your strategy?

Maybe I am just a glass half empty person.
edit on 9-8-2018 by ClovenSky because: then=than .. curse of life

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

And beer lol!

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Cards Against Humanity... Great Game.

Might want to be careful though, H.R. may not agree with that game being appropriate for the work place.

Good Luck, Have A Great Day !!!

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Are you going to be there?! And also do you know who I am? !

Who are you?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Who are you?

They call me Bond, James Bond

Ok I will drop a few hints for ya. My original last name is Webb. My family is very rich and uses those riches to have power. My family has power in the states of Arizona, Nevada, California. But that’s all you get
good luck

Oh and one more thing, I changed my last name as to not be looked at as some bratty kid.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: elevatedone
Cards Against Humanity... Great Game.

Might want to be careful though, H.R. may not agree with that game being appropriate for the work place.

Good Luck, Have A Great Day !!!

I’m not really worried about H.R. I do half the work for them anyways. And to be honest we would be able to be more productive if that department was gone. But in todays world with the whole political correctness environment that department is going nowhere.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Who are you?

They call me Bond, James Bond

Ok I will drop a few hints for ya. My original last name is Webb. My family is very rich and uses those riches to have power. My family has power in the states of Arizona, Nevada, California. But that’s all you get
good luck

Oh and one more thing, I changed my last name as to not be looked at as some bratty kid.

Ah, ok!!! NOW your description of your sister, from your other thread (Chatty Mr. Leggings) makes sense. And yikes.

Power derived from monetary wealth doesn't impress me, so don't worry, I won't go on a Google binge trying to figure out who you are. If your roots are in Oklahoma it's possible you're hooked in with Phillips 66 or whatever they're called now. Big whip, Leggings. 😉But your job does sound slightly shady, the way you've given hints about it, so I would be more interested in that. That, and the travelling circus it would be if you take your sister with you to your new farm in Oklahoma.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

You are the Bobs. It is not a mystery at the work place that the only motivation underlings hold any value to at work is to keep the discussions and happenings out of the scrutiny of yourself and the other Bob's.

Reading you discuss terms like "My Team" and the fact that you are so involved with an off topic social site such as ATS while being paid to build a company's team is all the proof that I need to know that I would steer as far away from your workmanship as possible if we were so called 'teammates'.

Bean counters remove motivation from teams, as they typically think their value to a company is worth more than the actual workers. When you retire, it will be the one who conforms to such atrocities in the work place that takes your position, instead of the best team builder.

Being you are a pill pusher, I'd go ahead and assume that the moral high grounds of career efforts have long not been a concern as you climbed the ranks. You might as well just ride the wave on out now and stop trying to find reasoning within the cancerous worlds of bean counting.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

You formulated beautifully the lines I was thinking along. I almost posted the same clip but thought better of it as this seems to be a self-congratulatory OP and I didn't want to pee on his bonfire too much.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
A great team building exercise for a risk assessment bean counter for assumed people under them is treating people who come to you for help, like they're morons who cant do their job..

edit on 10-8-2018 by SummerRain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Thank you very much for the kind response! To be complimented on my writings by someone who is a great writer in their own right is quite the builder of confidence and I am thankful for the positivity you expressed!

People don't care how much one knows when they know how much one cares...

top topics

join