It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Whole Republican Party Seems to Be Going to Jail Now

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I think the point is, or could/should be, that with all this talk about the Left being unethical, corrupt and swamp creatures in the pockets of the "deep state", the Republicans have their share of corrupt swamp creatures to deal with. Additionally, some of those swamp creatures on the Right are tied to the very person that was elected to drain the swamp...Trump.

I think that is a good way to put it.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Irrelevant. The point is that the Republicans today are worse than whatever you think happened involving the Democratic primaries.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ok three arrests are worse than your party colluding to throw an election, gotcha 👍.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Yeah. That's how things work when you value the law over partisanship. When politicians (like Trump and appointees) break the law you want to vote in people who will hold them accountable. Even if it means looking past previous transgressions by those people. The Democrats didn't break the law with the primary shenanigans. These Republicans are breaking the law.
edit on 9-8-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Aright, I figured no one would get back to me after the claims that both parties don't in fact suck equally (they do)

Convictions of crimes committed or prosecuted while they were in federal office. I did a tally by party going back to Clinton to keep it in recent history.

19 (R), and 18 (D), the last few admins have been more Republicans, and the closer you get to the Clinton admin it is more democrats. Depending on where you decide to start, the sample can sway more in either direction.

Big surprise.

Here is the wiki link for more digging.

Please note, this doesn't reflect severity of crimes, this was a quick tally. So depending how you dig it may show different representations. I don't want to appear as if I am siding with one or the other as there very well may be information that looks more damning once you dig.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Even if it means looking past previous transgressions by those people. The Democrats didn't break the law with the primary shenanigans. These Republicans are breaking the law.

The good news is that means the Republicans who broke the law will have to pay for their misdeeds.

The Democrats however throw all election blame on Russia and accept no responsibility (not every Democrat, but the DNC as an organization). I truly think Bernie may have beat Trump as he too represented an "outsider" so to speak in politics (not as mainstream).

Just because something is "legal" doesn't make it right, or make people feel less cheated.

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm looking at today's Republican party. Not the Republican party of my parents. Those people aren't in charge anymore. Same for the Democrats.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I usually do not ask questions like this but....

Can i see your light saber?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I never said it was right and if you were to pull my post archives from the summer of 2016 you'd find that I wasn't happy about it then. I've since moved on and am focusing on different things now.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: DBCowboy

I usually do not ask questions like this but....

Can i see your light saber?

Maybe.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'm looking at today's Republican party. Not the Republican party of my parents. Those people aren't in charge anymore. Same for the Democrats.

Fair enough, scope means everything.

In today's scope my biggest problem with the two is that their campaigns are often funded by the same people. I think that creates a conflict of interest in the sense that our interest isn't the one holding weight in representation.

For instance, Virginia governor Ralph Northam (D) has allowed for the building of the MVP pipeline through Virginia. MVP (Dominion Energy) needed to buy property obviously to build the pipeline through many states, and were able to do so through eminent domain. Northam could have stopped this practice (in VA), but that would probably effect his stock that he has in the company, which is not illegal, but a clear conflict of interest Source washpo. Side note, they have also paid into many of his campaigns.

This is not to delude your point (a very good one at that) of Republicans having a corruption problem. But my point is it's dangerous to act like the other side is refuge and free of those problems. The whole problem in this country is the two (one) party system. Each side has people who are loud enough to make people think the "other side" is more evil, but they both are.
edit on 9-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I never said it was right and if you were to pull my post archives from the summer of 2016 you'd find that I wasn't happy about it then. I've since moved on and am focusing on different things now.

Excellent, that's why I wanted to emphasize that the DNC isn't taking responsibility for that on an organizational level. I know that party members were not thrilled with that, or at least a good amount of them.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
.......Three old stooges walk into a bar in Mar-a-Lago.....a doctor, a lawyer...and the other one is head of an entertainment co. stop me if you've heard it

DJT goes... " hey guys ! Wanna do me a solid ? I need 3 old codgers to run the VA for me. There could me some $$$$ in it for ya ? Whadya say ? "

" never served in the military ....no experience? No problembo..I am the Chief around here...incase you hadn't heard !!!! ...My powers are far reaching and bigly !!! "

" Get your three old heads together..come up with some new programs for the VA...Hey !!! Remember invite the VA team down to Mar-a-Lago....it's all good for business. "
Tax payers will foot the bill for the trips down .... it's all good !

Sorry no punch line.
Just the absolute joke that most of the time it's just left v right... back n forth ...on here all day long.

" I hate CNN..well liberals suck ass.
Lock her up ! Obama's a Kenyan !
Trump is draining the swamp !
It is all part of his plan ! " etc etc

While Trump and his cronies fill their boots and throw a few scraps your way. He is a showman.
All talk and no trousers.
All politicians are corrupt...well mostly.
But his administration is way out there.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

It's more a situation of scale. I see the Democrats as a case-by-case issue. Plus the Democrats' peers will disavow party members caught being bad rather quickly as we saw with all the #MeToo scandals that cost a bunch of Congressmen their jobs. So I have more trust in that party to acknowledge wrongdoing. When I witness Republicans get caught red handed I rarely if ever see them admit it, expel the member, and fix the problem. Usually there is a defense of the person and then a deflection to say that Democrats are just as bad and this goes on until the news cycle rolls over and people move on to another topic. Yet justice doesn't get served.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: neo96

The entire Trump era has been a festering pit of barely disguised ongoing corruption.

I love it when people call Trump a republican.

Since it only recently happened.

Before the last election he was team blue.

That's funny. You see all this mess he's created, and now you want to give him to us?

No thanks. We don't want him! He's created an environment of corruption in our government, and he is very likely at the center of it. His appointments weren't accidental, they were 'birds of a feather". Either that or he's so lame and naïve he's unfit to be President. (That would fall at about number 10 on the 'unfit list".)

I will be so relieved when you guys wake up and see the truth about this crook. No little tax cut for the working classes is worth putting up with all the rest of this stupidity and corruption. All he did about the 'swamp', was to fill it with alligators. All he did about the 'swamp', was to fill it with alligators.

Added the bold text to my favourite quote of the day

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: introvert

I think democrats are Marxist assholes.

I also think that republicans are Marxist assholes. But they are worse because they lie better.

Not one "politician" is talking about term limits.

Not one "politician" is talking about ending the congressional hush fund for sexual misconduct.

No politician is looking out for, or representing us.

They all suck.

My vote always goes to whomever will upset the status quo the most.

Just my opinion.

I know. You see Marxists everywhere.

There is nothing we can do to talk reasonable with people such as yourself. You get your panties twisted at shadows on the wall.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

To be fair, when you employ hyperbole to make your point, complaining about deflections as a response kinda falls flat.

The Manafort thing was a farce. Gates didn't help the Feds case at all. It sucks, because Manafort really isn't a good guy. But then again, the prosecution isn't about his crimes.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well the title is blown out of proportion. Got me all excited. There’s NO WAY you could’ve wrote this OP in a manner that wasn’t an extension of the clear bias that is in the article? You added more spin to something already spun. We don’t need your biased opinion layered on top of the article’s, it confuses the simple message of the article. If your going to be a reporter, do it right don’t become MSM bullsh1t.

That being said, I am not surprised by these reports. Maybe the alligators were added to upset the balance in the swamp ecosystem? Like, they’re naturally gonna suck at their job and draw attention to themselves and THOSE AROUND THEM. Also, seeing the financial nature of these allegations, leeches might be a more accurate title.

Not saying that is what is going on, but that’s what I would do, and I am known for my political shrewdness. If Trump is truly trying to drain the swamp, wouldn’t it be tactically sound to have your team be a bit dirty so they can blend in and not be ostracized? And wouldn’t adding more turds in there upset the balance of turds? Food for thought.

Still thankful for the article. The whole government is dirty, and we all know that. And while the democrats seem to be banded up to protect each other from justice for the crimes they’ve committed, the Republicans aren’t as unified by TDS/TIS. I’d imagine we’ll be seeing more Republicans getting nabbed initially, and in isolated circumstances like these. Think of them as the detritus that the big fish/turds use for cover.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
In reality, no one has gone to jail just yet. No one has even been found guilty of a crime, so it is a bit premature for a pronouncement of an entire party going to jail.

More than one for certain need.to be under the jail, and that's both parties. The Liberty Bell night as well be called the Division Bell, that split can represent the line dividing our country.

Everything according to plan, divide and conquer. Eventually both sides lead to the same end. Would have thought most people realized it by now but too many just too selfish

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
wholly crap

the entire Republican party is going to jail!!

yes!!!

now the holy lords and savior's in the Democrat party will save our republic!!

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join