It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Whole Republican Party Seems to Be Going to Jail Now

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Well it's just that I don't think you are sincere since I don't see you in right wing threads like this one or this one calling out the hyperbole and click baitiness of the titles. So to me, you just come across as deflecting.
edit on 9-8-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Ats always keeping it classy.

Well if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black!!! I will reference this post from now on whenever you make another Cheeto or trumpeteer remark. Shouldn't take me long knowing your history.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

Meta deflections!

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Well it's just that I don't think you are sincere since I don't see you in right wing threads like this one or this one calling out the hyperbole and click baitiness of the titles. So to me, you just come across as deflecting.

Can't get em' all. But here ya go, and this one right here.

I even used two where I made fun of OP for exaggerating ANTIFA actions. Lately on here saying that makes me an ANTIFA sympathizer with the right.

I just like to point out to both sides that they act in similar fashion using the same tactics while calling out the other for it.

Clickbait, sensationalized pieces, or people telling me how I am supposed to feel by peppering things up with "Terrorist" or "orgy of criminality" just seems desperate.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I didn't write it. Take it up with New York mag.

No, but you did post it.

I just find it hard to take any piece seriously when the OP IS KRAZYSHOT.

The content does not match the title.

Fixed it for ya.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Meta deflections!

Just because you say it doesn't make it a legitimate argument. Also, once I saw your name attached to the OP and the Mud Pit attached, I stopped reading your OP. More fun to call you out for the obvious star farming. Good luck with mid terms. You're gonna need it.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Oh. Neato. You're one of my fans. I'm always glad to have a fan who likes to follow all the things I say.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Clickbait, sensationalized pieces, or people telling me how I am supposed to feel by peppering things up with "Terrorist" or "orgy of criminality" just seems desperate.

So why come into the mud pit at all? That's literally every thread in this forum. What you are doing is walking into a garbage dump and pretending like the stink you smell is surprising.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
ATS has become such a disappointment. Maybe not ATS, but the people that have nothing better to do than complain about titles. The article has so many examples of an administration full of swamp creatures and it looks like the people just don't care.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Really, New York Times? Why should I read or believe a word of what I read that they print

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

The source isn't the Times. This is what happens when you create excuses to ignore content instead of just reading it and trying to discuss that instead.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

So why come into the mud pit at all? That's literally every thread in this forum. What you are doing is walking into a garbage dump and pretending like the stink you smell is surprising.

I see it differently. I think you are more surprised by me calling you out rather than me surprised by content of OP.

By the way, the mudpit doesn't necessarily mean sensationalized pieces veiled as "articles", but rather when the substance is foreshadowed to stir emotion.

I think it would have been a better "article" without the buzzwords and clickbait title, and consequently it would have made a better thread.

To your point, we are in the mudpit, so don't be surprised people are more forward with you.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Alright whatever. I'm done with this side topic now. If you don't want to discuss the thread content and only care about the title then I'm done talking to you. I've already wasted 2 thread pages on this deflection.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

They did pretty good this week for so many heading to jail.
But I hear the Democrats were pretty happy with their losses.

apnews.com...:-Democratic-optimism,-women-advance

This may have something do with that optimism:
Democrats outperformed in every special election this cycle

Just think, going on a full tank of complete madness the Dems only won 1 of 9. That is with your team completely energized. I would say this is a sign of why you should be thoroughly depressed. I am putting my money on the Trump side in November. It's going to be ugly for hardcore dems.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

I mean there is more going on within that data than just a straight 11% win rate (which the article is kind enough to point out for you), but hey if that is what you want to tell yourself to sleep at night do you.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Only with Hillary and the pure Obama can we get corruption out of Washington.

The entire democratic party is the only way to rid this land of the others. Resist

I'm kidding but you lost me at NY magazine and the entire republican party
edit on 9-8-2018 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Couldn't be worse than what Trump has brought us.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
lol

posters are upset that you title is hyperbolic.

from trumps book Art of the Deal -

“A little hyperbole never hurts,” he wrote. “People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular ... It’s an innocent form of exaggeration - and a very effective form of promotion.”

he knows more than most generals, ya know. lol

glad to see these swamp creatures are getting caught. god, i hope they get wilbur ross, what a sleeze.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Wilbur Ross? How about the three jackholes running the VA for their own profit? But regardless, it wasn't until Trump that there was SOO much obvious corruption and it is very unnerving that a great many Americans are trying everything in their power to ignore it (not you though, talking about the others in this thread).
edit on 9-8-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
lol

posters are upset that you title is hyperbolic.

from trumps book Art of the Deal -

“A little hyperbole never hurts,” he wrote. “People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular ... It’s an innocent form of exaggeration - and a very effective form of promotion.”

he knows more than most generals, ya know. lol

glad to see these swamp creatures are getting caught. god, i hope they get wilbur ross, what a sleeze.

Advertising is always filled with hyperbole. I'm not defending Trump on that as he takes it to new levels.

But hyperbole in the media is usually what separates the pundits from journalists.

Do you not laugh when people take the bait from the other side? Surely you've been in those threads and felt mind numbing.

Both sides have plenty of ammunition against each other. Mainly because they're both garbage, and there to keep the power structure as isolated in trusted groups as possible.

Do you not think a better article could have been used to more effectively get the message out?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join