It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Progressives Criticize Berkeley Police for Publishing Antifa Protester Identities

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

what is funny to me is the people on the right make all these threads and complain about all the violence from the left when their threads and post are filled with # like put them down hot lead time if they get hurt thats better
a reply to: TinySickTears

Maybe you didn't read this part of the story.

Many were arrested for charges such as “possession of a banned weapon” or “working with others to commit a crime,” based on recently implemented city rules prohibiting riot gear and weapons.

If they are packing weapons they aren't there for a picnic!

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Funny how when Nazis were getting doxxed last year this site threw a fit.

Ummm...ooohhh...a SNARKIST...sympathiser...

Funny that...just not laughable...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

If you're interested their mugshots are here.

And boy are they some pretty ones.
Link

On second thought they should keep the masks.

edit on 9-8-2018 by Diisenchanted because: to add

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Here in my little town on the gulf coast, if you are arrested, your name and the charges are published in the local newspaper.

This is nothing new. They should behave themselves if they want their identities protected.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: eitea

It may be news for you, but being german doesn't give you more insight on who are neonazis.

You know there have been people seen at these rallies with swastikas right? It doesn't take a scholar to know that person is probably a nazi.

Nazis=bad.
Antifa=bad.

We live in a country where thought and speech are protected, not violence.

Anytime either of them commit violence, they need to be punished, not killed, but put through the justice system.

The effing mental gymnastics here over partisan BS here lately has been mind numbing. It's black and white if you aren't so filled with political favoritism to a particular breed of dumbasses.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Ok
Still more interested in what people on the right feel others should be killed for.

I don't have to hold your opinions and me being more interested in 1 aspect does not equal condoning the other

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

what at all, does that have to do with masked hoodlums in the USA attacking government facilities?

The op, is regarding masked hoodlums inciting violence on innocent city hall employees, more than likely left leaning btw.

Germanys Neo Nazis may act similar to antifa, but there is no truth in conflating german neo nazis with not present conservatives during this city hall attack financed by George Soros.

idiotic

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

geez, those 1st 3 in particular look like they jave spent a lifetime cooking m#th. The rest look well on their way.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Source
edit on 9-8-2018 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Here in my little town on the gulf coast, if you are arrested, your name and the charges are published in the local newspaper.

This is nothing new. They should behave themselves if they want their identities protected.

We do the exact same thing in our town as well. I do not see what the big deal is here.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Since when do we see this Antifa=terrorists spin going on, did it happen to coincide with a certain Orange Utah jumping on a throne? For months we're being told that all forms of violence are bad, you witnessed the calls for viloence (put down Antifa for cracking two windows) yourself.
And then there's this:

The Portland Police Bureau (PPB) is on the receiving end of heavy scrutiny by civil rights and activists groups over its policing of a rally held by far right groups and its conduct toward the many counter protesters that showed up to denounce it. Now the, chief of police is calling for a review of the department’s handling of the event.

sputniknews.com...

This is what happens when Antifa activism is being dehumanized, you get thugs in uniform beating them up in cooperation with walking swastikas from the "Proud Boys". You jumped to conclusions and are willing lable the peaceful Antifa protest as some form of violence by definition, when all they really did was to show up with chants and banners. You are being spun into the abyss of absurdity, which is probably why you can't distinguish between the agressors attack on democracy and the (your) civil duty to defend it. Violence is bad, yes. And peaceful protest is still peaceful protest.

One could also state, that 9/11-truthers and conspiracy theory in general would be nothing but poison for the national security in this War with Terror, which is why all of their "violent" rants against the MICes have to be rooted out. Cuz... ya know... honest reasearch and sharing information is just as bad as all the disinfo from paid posters.

Tell me, what are they supposed to do when the Neo-Nazis descend on their public squares and places? Take a knee in silence like the people in the Ukraine?

observer.com...

I will keep bugging you with critical stinkings like this for a reasons. Have a great day nontheless!

edit on 9-8-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

This is going to get me lambasted for saying... But there has been evidence Russia has been fueling both sides of this fire, actively setting up the protests and the counter protests in some cases.

These two groups existed before, but were not nearly as active until recently. Just sayin.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
self censoring
edit on 9-8-2018 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No, you won't. Russia is well known to sponsor everything for certain reasons, influence being one of them. This "Hypernormalisation" isn't exactly an argument against the legitimacy of one group or another, either. I know of at least one gubbermint, that has way more power and money invested in all kinds of groups.

Peaceful protest is peaceful protest, just saying. At least we agree on the "activation" part, I'm pretty sure we could find lots of dubious folks with military background in the more violent chapters on both sides.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Why should ANTIFA be any different from any other citizen? Why are so called "progressives" protecting and defending terrorists?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Protestors aren't getting doxed.

Criminals who have broken the law have been named.

It is not a right to break the law. It is a right to protest.

People conflate the two and it is a weak argument.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
IDK why there are so many charged these days and their identity is protected. Used to be only kids. WTF happened? And THIS really bugged me:

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

The Berkeley Police Department announced Sunday on Twitter that they arrested 20 people...

Why are announcements like this released on Twitter?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

If you're interested their mugshots are here.

And boy are they some pretty ones.
Link

On second thought they should keep the masks.

I'm not sure any of them possess the correct number of chromosomes

edit on 55pThu, 09 Aug 2018 08:44:55 -050020182018-08-09T08:44:55-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: esses

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

That graph has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the OP, quit trying to make this story what it isnt. Pretty graphs does not take away from the fact that these antifa dbags (sorry cowboy) lit into innocent people of their own accord.

just cause you keep screaming about right winger crime doesnt mean you can blame conservative voters for actions you portray either.

Fact is, the OP shows antifa commited a violent crime and like all criminals, it got published in the paper.

stay on topic, or stop trying to change tge narrative of the op. You are being part of the problem.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: BlueJacket

Source

I had a look at the original report from which that silly graph was taken, it didn't even include 9/11 in the ten most deadly attacks in the US, it lists number one as the Oklahoma city FBI bombing.

The whole thing is as reliable as a junky eyewitness to a mugging, at night, in the rain.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join