It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Change that Banning Alex Jones and Kerry Cassidy Signals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Alex has one already prepared I could use...

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.

Oh right. You are aware ALL supplements carry that disclaimer, yeah?

And the people selling them cannot legally make any medical claims.

Nothing but FDA approved real medications for you, though.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Personal Censorship hinges on popularity and status quo, which being led for the past few years by groups like BLM and such. agreeing with op about taking rights away inch by inch till oneday everything little becomes a huge deal to people when it shouldn't be a thing at all.

This is dangerous for society on the whole as its slow growing, but not much different from rat poison on a subtle scale. The ones who rule the world will be the ones that decide what the popular status quo will become. What's legally done today is one thing, its what they make illegal tomorrow that's a tainted UXB in the waiting.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

Fair enough I'm convinced.

What would you recommend?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

When and why did they ban Kerry Cassidy?

The elite powers don’t feel threatened by Alex Jones or Kerry Cassidy, believe me. Just go to your job and ask people have they even heard of these people. Maybe Jones since he has gotten a lot of negative notoriety lately, but it's mostly negative.

If anything Jones has helped them by casting aspersions on the legitimate conspiracies (like 911 and the JFK murder) he has lumped them with his crazy conspiracies

edit on 9-8-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
OP. YEs we know the media companies are wings of the democratic party these days. BUT....they LEGALLY have the right to remove ANYTHING they deem unpopular to them. If it was The Government directly censoring you would have a point,but the companies hide behind the law like smug little jackholes and are protected.

So....you're saying that the ownership of ATS and the moderators here are "smug little jackholes" because they find it incumbent upon them to remove offensive content?
edit on 9-8-2018 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: odzeandennz

why can't alex Jones be happy with alexjones.com or infowars.com

who gives a squirt of piss about alex Jones

he has his own platforms including a radio show ffs

alex jones isn't banned on vimeo or other FREE TO USE video hosting medium

Stop subsidizing these entities, and they can do what ever they want.

they can do whatever they want in the first place. who are you tell them what to do? do they ask you to stop with your personal monetary policies if they disagree with you?

AJ and his clones can go cry under water...

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Social media is the bane of human existence. It has corrupted an entire generation of our society, and at the end of the day it is irrelevant.

It's interesting how people unironically say these things while posting on a social media site.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Alex has one already prepared I could use...

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.

Oh right. You are aware ALL supplements carry that disclaimer, yeah?

And the people selling them cannot legally make any medical claims.

That's cause the supplement industry is constantly lobbying the government to keep the FDA out of their products.
Why Vitamins and Other 'Dietary Supplements' Can Contain Anything

Jane Henney, commissioner from 1998 to 2001, recalled that the DSHEA law actually passed in the wake of the FDA “really trying to get their arms around stronger regulatory authority with dietary supplements.” This attempt at requiring supplement producers to guarantee the quality and safety of their product was countered by one of the most intense lobbying campaigns in history, in which TV commercials warned citizens that the government was coming for their vitamins. “I believe that the amount the Congress heard about this whole issue was greater than what they received about the Vietnam war," she said. ‘I mean, it was tremendous.”

Nothing but FDA approved real medications for you, though.

I wouldn't recommend taking anything that isn't FDA approved. The FDA kicks back over 90% of experimental drugs for not passing adequate safety checks. Meanwhile the supplement industry doesn't even have to test for effectiveness (only safety).

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

So....you're saying that the ownership of ATS and the moderators here are "smug little jackholes" because they find it incumbent upon them to remove offensive content?

Really. The fact remains, nobody has a right to anybody else's platform on the web. If Alex Jones wants to be lying, horse's ass of a con man, rallying the paranoids and tin foil hats, to turn a buck, he has every right to get his own server and have a 24x7, hysterical spoutathon, if he wishes. Nobody is granted space in the L.A. or New York Times, either, by virtue of being born and a mouth breather. You're not even granted your ad in the Classifieds, if there's something objectionable in it, this even though you'd pay for it. This conflation of entitlement, on somebody else's dime, and the First Amendment is Civics at its worst.
edit on 9-8-2018 by Scrutinizing because: Added a word.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Social media is the bane of human existence. It has corrupted an entire generation of our society, and at the end of the day it is irrelevant.

It's interesting how people unironically say these things while posting on a social media site.

But of course this site is not Facebook. Or at least most of the people posting here would probably prefer that it wasn't in any way connected to Facebook. Unfortunately, it's difficult to do anything on the internet that isn't in some way connected to Facebook or Google. Which has largely been done without asking people if they mind. Seems like every site has some kind of Facebook icon. I have no idea what it does because I don't intentionally use Facebook but I've seen it. I block it when I can.

Suffice to say that any elements of any web site that may be sending data to Facebook or Google are stubborn little parasites and very difficult to entirely get rid of.

Anyway, forums existed long before Facebook was everywhere and they were generally not intended to be a massive global spy apparatus the way Facebook obviously is. Forums are from a more innocent time when privacy actually mattered to most people (if you asked them). And that is why forums are going away now and it's hard to find any that are still active. There's no real money in not selling people's data to the highest bidder and forums don't do that nearly as efficiently as platforms that are capable of tracking everything and everyone.
edit on 9-8-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Alex Jones new campign:

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: PillarOfFire
Personal Censorship hinges on popularity and status quo, which being led for the past few years by groups like BLM and such. agreeing with op about taking rights away inch by inch till oneday everything little becomes a huge deal to people when it shouldn't be a thing at all.

This is dangerous for society on the whole as its slow growing, but not much different from rat poison on a subtle scale. The ones who rule the world will be the ones that decide what the popular status quo will become. What's legally done today is one thing, its what they make illegal tomorrow that's a tainted UXB in the waiting.

Can you explain to me why Alex Jones has a right to use platforms like failbook or YouTube?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Corporatocracy.

Corporatocracy /ˌkɔrpərəˈtɒkrəsi/, is a term used to refer to an economic and political system controlled by corporations and/or corporate interests. It is a generally pejorative term often used by critics of the current economic situation in a particular country, especially the United States.

-Wiki
edit on 9-8-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
YouTube and Facebook are privately owned corporations and as such, can choose what they want to show. Alex Jones is a nutjob. Personally I will not miss his gay frogs rants.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Honestly I'm surprised all of this hasn't happened sooner. When NeoNazi sites were shut down last year after Charlottesville, apparently the populations began to move full force into conspiracy communities adding some some that lingered in the woodwork.

Overall the reputation is now that conspiracy circles let racism fester on top of the already hyped up sketchy reputation stereotype of nut cases and Unibomber breeding grounds. That gives full ground(despite lack of discussion in specific about IW for example) for companies to want to not be associated with and or may have communicated to move toward a direction of suspending services to them.

It doesn't mean I agree with their move-guess they moved on from some honey pot catching that InfoWars and related sites offered by monitoring of people's comments-, but can see business wise and wanting to curb the spread of hate as to why they would do it.

I think the spread of hate is happening rather one knows it or not, as media is playing a part in disinfo that is getting people riled up. IMO someone would have to be lying to say they didn't fall for it at least once or at least be unsure of what was going on. Especially that it's harder to fact check media reports now than ever.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

You think Infowars spreads racism?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

I was given no answer in the main thread about why Jones was spreading hate speech. Do you, does anyone feel he spreads that? Some people say yes, such as saying it's racism due to his topics on Muslim Immigrants, etc. However, some of those comments by site members were pure cancer, yes... racists were taking over certain sections of social media that of course he was lending the platform for. Disqus removed all of his comment sections.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: PillarOfFire

I don't think you understood what I said. But that's OK.

Can you explain to me why Alex Jones has a right to use platforms like failbook or YouTube?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

I was given no answer in the main thread about why Jones was spreading hate speech. Do you, does anyone feel he spreads that? Some people say yes, such as saying it's racism due to his topics on Muslim Immigrants, etc. However, some of those comments by site members were pure cancer, yes... racists were taking over certain sections of social media that of course he was lending the platform for. Disqus removed all of his comment sections.

I have heard he said something about Muslims and I saw people complain about gay or trannys. I haven't heard that on the show myself unless it's gay frogs. But then, I only watch maybe 1 day a month and a short video here and there. He never struck me as racist but who knows what he'll say when he's on a roll.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Pretty much what I agree on. Though, seems to attract that crowd including it's shills.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join