It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC watching Assange

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Interesting letter that someone is claiming is real...

countdown maybe? BBC would know if something was coming..

Perfect time to end this headache for the CIA/DOJ
Lots of distractions taking place in the US it seems at the moment.. Manafort, Israel, Canada-Saudi..
Earthquakes happening in Indonesia - If you're a believer in HARP I guess a major earthquake in Bali would distract Australia too

edit on 9/8/18 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Oh is he ganna make a run for it? Then again not sure how strong charges are in Britain, and technically, I'm unsure if he has any charges on him in the US? He's not a citizen?

Interesting.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Interesting but only if it’s true and right now I don’t see any proof this is genuine.

Not saying it didn’t happen just for me I need more than a random tweet.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Try ringing the number?
I dare you.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Could work, I think it would be better just to tweet him or send a email.

Like I said I am not saying it’s rubbish just that I would want a little more evidence

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

if it is genuine - the the BBC is staffed by idiots

they should be asking the building owners - not the residents

but hey TV licencing revenues at " work "

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

More likely the letter is a fake.
You're correct they would obtain permission from the buildings owners who would than alert any effected tenants.
edit on 892018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   
It appears to me as if stories about Assanges being forced out of the embassy are a trending item right now.
Several have shown up here. More than one today I think. But are these stories based on any facts or just rumors?
I too am unsure if there are in fact any charges against Assange in the United States.
The U.K. wants him on evasion charges I think.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I thought that Julian Assange had already moved out of the Ecuador Embassy in London.

Ecuador gave Assange citizenship and a passport back in January.

I thought that after it had been reported that cameras caught items being removed from the embassy in the last couple of months, that Assange had been allowed to move and seek asylum in the country of Ecuador itself.

edit on 9-8-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Maybe... who knows?

Maybe its a rouse the US is playing on the UK and BBC?...

Even if Julian walks out, is arrested and rushed away in a car never to be seen again.. was it the real Julian?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

if it is genuine - the the BBC is staffed by idiots

they should be asking the building owners - not the residents

but hey TV licencing revenues at " work "

would they?

I mean, if you were sitting on your couch watching TV, some guy rocked up with a tripod and camera and said ''here's 500 quid, can i set this up over there for a night?''..... is the tenant likely to say '' sorry ol chap, you must call my landlord and pay him the money and get his ok ''...

not likely.
edit on 9/8/18 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Even if genuine, it doesn't show that the BBC know anything. It shows, at most, that they've seen the same speculation that everybody else has seen, and want to be prepared for any eventualities. More convenient than having a human reporter door-stepping. Though you would think they might have had something in place ages ago, if it was worth it.

In fact, come to think of it, if they had certain advance knowledge they would probably have invested in a reporting team after all.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

the govt of ecuador has had a " regieme change " since the assange farce began

and the new got is making increasigly anti assange statements . wether this is just rhetoric for " reasons " is unclear

they havve not ACTUALLY done anything yet - but its clear that the current govt is unhappy with the farce

as for legal issues :

there are no outstanding warrants in the US

if the british authorities gget thier hands on him - they would just turn him over to sweden [ if they still want him ] - and he would only be prosecuted for his bail breach - IF no one else claimed him

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that Ecuador and England had spent months trying to negotiate the release of Assange to travel to Ecuador without someone from England trying to arrest him first. Maybe England decided to let him go, but doesn't want it being reported so that it doesn't stir up a bunch backlash from local citizens who wouldn't agree with the decision.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

FFS - read the dammed letter from your own OP - and actually understand it

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
"If this is something you might be interested please let...."
I think the proper wording would be: "If this is something you might be interested IN please let..."
Sure, it could just be a mistake, but surely the letter would've been read over before being posted? In my opinion it isn't real.
edit on 9-8-2018 by imlate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Julian has been there for years. I bet there have been cameras on every angle of the building for years too.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: imlate

30 years ago - the guardian newspaper [ UK ] alledgedly employeed proof readers

people still speculate what they really did

but the farce has actually entered the popular lexicon : source

that was a national newspaper - i doubt that a single BBC employee would have such a letter " vetted " before distribution

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

if the british authorities gget thier hands on him - they would just turn him over to sweden [ if they still want him ] - and he would only be prosecuted for his bail breach

Sweeden have dropped all criminal investigation into Assange. Mainly because it was a political move that held no substance. (This is a common smear method used against whistle blowers.)

The UK will arrest him for jumping bail even though he has now spent several years in an embassy as a political prisoner.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Oh is he ganna make a run for it? Then again not sure how strong charges are in Britain, and technically, I'm unsure if he has any charges on him in the US? He's not a citizen?

Interesting.

I doubt hes going to make a run for it.

As I see it, the Ecuadorean are feeling the heat from the US and its slave states like anyone does who upsets them. Therefore, I reckon Assange is being handed over.

Assange was always an Australian citizen, for many years now the Australian government has simply fed him to the shark.

just goes to show how much the Australian govt cares about its own citizens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join