It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonight we said goodbye

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Condolences. He'll be missed, but I'm sure he had a happy life.

I heard it said that dogs have such short lives because they already know how to love their families unconditionally. He feels no pain now.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

I avoided reading all the poems up until today, because I knew how it would end - me crying.

Sure enough the tears began to flow.

Thank you everyone

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

For what it's worth, that's also the way it ended for most of us who posted them. Some of us are still working through the process. It takes time before you can think fondly of your lost pet without pain. It gets easier. What you did took a lot of sand. Much respect.

What you did and how you feel together confirm your humanity and caring nature. Be well.

If one night you semi-emerge from your sleep to think you feel or hear your dog, don't push that thought away and dismiss it. I firmly believe that they love us so dearly that they surmount great barriers just to make us feel better, if for just a moment.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

So sorry to hear about your friend...

My thoughts are with you.

Peace

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Wow!

I wish ATS would allow me to copy and paste - sites been acting odd for me for the past 2 days.
But I was chatting in the Discord app to a couple friends and told them,
That last night the whole family was in the living room, we were all crying and missing Loki.
When suddenly we all heard what sounded like him in his dog crate.
He loved his crate and treated it like his own little den.
It has its own distinct sound and we all heard it last night.
In that moment I personally felt such a calm and stopped crying.
It felt like he was at home.

It’s amazing that you said that.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

What a beautiful experience!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Both times in the past when I posted about a pet moving on the folks here helped.
Some agree with my posts and some dont but everyone on those 2 threads offered kind words.

You served the most important part in the human + animal equation by not letting Loki suffer any longer. Take joy in the memories you created and take pride in knowing you did your job well in this scenario.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Had to do the same once, The right and incredibly tough decision. He's not mad at ya, you gave em 7 good years. more than most. Time will heal.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
So sorry to hear, friend.

My best buddy.

I thought I saw a pussy cat.
I did, I did see a kitty cat!
I have proof!

Don't ever leave me.
My best friend.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Oh ya he loved to play and mess around. If you let him up on the bed he would get so excited. He would spin in circles really fast, then stop go back the other way... He was so big. He thought he was a small dog and would try to sit on your lap.

Rotties are the same,

big dogs that are basically so childish at heart.

The bed thing is just sooo funny, I used to put my hand or should slide my hand under the quilt/bed coverings and they would just go insane, lunge at the lump moving around under the covers and end up with their noses nudging it when it stops moving and then jumping like mad in circles like a raging bull when you move your hand.

That last night the whole family was in the living room, we were all crying and missing Loki. When suddenly we all heard what sounded like him in his dog crate. He loved his crate and treated it like his own little den. It has its own distinct sound and we all heard it last night. In that moment I personally felt such a calm and stopped crying. It felt like he was at home. It’s amazing that you said that.

It actually is amazing how they make contact with us after they pass.

Its amazing that its not just a personal belief I hold but a belief held by many pet owners due to experiences they have had in their times of grief.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Don't ever leave me. My best friend.

They mean so much to us don't they?

I teared up a little that you are in the same boat as me, that is we love our pets too much.

Actually it seems many of us are in the same boat.

I hope you have many happy times with your best furball

I am dog person because ...well..... dogs are better than cats but lets not go there....

there is a thread for that messy debate

had to throw in laugh

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

We still have 2 cats at home.
And I can tell they miss Loki as well.

Both of the cats have been sniffing around Loki's crate, the female cat even going so far as laying in it.

They also have been spending a lot of time at the back patio door, looking into the back yard.
We have Loki's collar hanging up still by the patio door.
The wind blew in just enough to rattle his tags while we where eating dinner.
Both cats became alert and were looking around the back yard to see if he was back there.
Still upsets me.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I'm so sorry for your loss. It was Aug 13 2017 when we had to say good bye to our beloved Jordan, a black lab mutt we rescued 11 1/2 years earlier. She was the smartest dog I've ever owned! So I feel your pain. Even a year later I still cry over her. Her picture and her ashes are prominent in our living room. You have my total sympathy.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

It's also possible that the cats hang out by Loki's crate because they feel his presence there. You felt him before. It can happen again, and that can help you heal. Maybe in that in-between just before sleep, a thump on the bed, the result of a circle turn and then chuffing sigh of contentment. I think it's why the (IS, Creator, God, Nature) made things that way. So they could communicate to you that ......... it's okay. Things are going to be okay. It won't always cut when you think of him.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Thanks Lynzer and argentus

Although it’s late in the season, we decided to use a little area in our yard - which was Loki’s favourit spot to lay and sleep when outside, As a memorial garden.

Were going to get a nice little head Stone with something engraved in it as a memorial for him, and we have been developing the area into a garden. We went and bought a bunch of different plants and got some wild flowers and started laying out rocks.
It’s a work in progress, but as mentioned it’s pretty late in the season. But next spring it will be nice.

The other night I woke up at 3 am on the dot, to one of the cats meowing downstairs.
She was meowing really loud. Not in a threatening way or anything, but it was loud enough to wake me up. Then I could hear Loki’s crate rattling
So I got up and went downstairs. Our cat Adrienne was meowing at the crate and pawing at the door to get it open, as if she was trying to get inside it.
She’s never done that before, so it definitely felt out of character for her.

I guess she’s still missing the big dog as much as us.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I guess she’s still missing the big dog as much as us.
........ or.... just saying hello to him. I have studied cats for more than two decades, and I am convinced that they can see, smell and sense things that we cannot.

Your garden sounds wonderful. I bet you leave a small oval in the center for Loki to turn a few times and lay down.

Much peace

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

pretty loving of ya....we get our pets back in Heaven

God I hope so.
Even with the new puppy, we miss Loki so much.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon That's beautiful - thanks for sharing; I hope it's actually true so we can all be reunited again with our dear furry kids.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I thought I could reply with out crying.
No.

I'd be surprised if you could.

He sure is a handsome fellow.

...and he'll be waiting.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

He may very well have been.

There was once a little white terrier, brave as could be, he was my nieces bestest buddy. His name was, fittingly enough, Apollo.

He and I had a ritual when I'd get home from work early in the morning, usually before the sun was up...he'd greet me in the kitchen, and we'd have a little dance, just him and me, to music only we could hear. When he had to be put to sleep, I missed him terribly...had no real idea just what those little dance parties meant to me, 'til they were gone. One morning, I was out in the kitchen, and I could have sworn I heard the prancing of four little paws spinning in circles--so I danced, too. I think he came to visit one last time to help me say good bye.

...Brodie, my bestest buddy, sometimes, in the night, will sneak up to my desk, looking, no doubt, for those sandwiches he was so adept at stealing...

Our furry children don't ever quite leave us alone, and will come, at odd times, to help us heal from their leaving, however temporarily it may be.

So, no, not surprised.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join