It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireworks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I just went out & stocked up on about $90 worth of fireworks b/c my friends are coming to visit me & they live in a state where it is illegal to have fireworks... plus its the 4th of July & all. ....But anyway- on the front of all the boxes, it says "Fireworks- a Great American Tradition"... on the sides of all the boxes, it says "Distributed by Alexander Ron- Rori Co., Ltd., Hong Kong- Made in China"....

of course, me being the nutcase that I am, I immediately started thinking about the fact that all the fireworks are shrinkwrapped & boxed & probably waved thru customs for the most part.... who's to say that there isn't C4 or shrapnel or worse in some of these imported fireworks?

Just thought I'd voice my concern.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Yes, you are paranoid. Have a safe 4th.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Just make sure your not holding onto the thing when it goes bang, you'll be alright.

Also, if you are in a draught situation, avoid aireal fireworks... it seriously annoys the local firefighters.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
One fourth of July I decided that I was going to duplicate the trick you see in the movies where somebody takes a keg of gunpowder and lays down a line of it about 3 inches wide and lights it and it burns nice and slow. Well I did not realize that they used a special powder that burns slow. Anyway I went down to my local gun store and bought a can of gunpowder and took it home. I laid down a line 3 inches wide by a half inch deep by about 8 inches long and lit it with my bic lighter. I saw a blinding flash and when I woke my face was covered with second degree burns, as was my lighter arm. My eyebrows, eyelashes and nasal hair were gone and I was really feeling like an idiot. For about a week I slept with my arm in a pan of water.

DEN OF THE DAMNED

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Geez, that was pretty stupid... I am sure you realize that now.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Yes, Freddie. You could say I was instantly "enlightened".

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Bite me with this. In Curtis Michagan, you can buy sticks of TNT for 21$ a stick. Happy fishing on Lake Manistique! Actually, just blew big holes in the ground. Quite fun though. Or try the little green soilders and blow them up with black cats.

Or really fun, take a barbie car, get those super bottle rockets, tape 2-5 on, light, and watch a barbie car fly down the road into a tree, shatter the front, then go boom! Or get a plastic boat, and repeat on water.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
One fourth of July I decided that I was going to duplicate the trick you see in the movies where somebody takes a keg of gunpowder and lays down a line of it about 3 inches wide and lights it and it burns nice and slow. Well I did not realize that they used a special powder that burns slow. Anyway I went down to my local gun store and bought a can of gunpowder and took it home. I laid down a line 3 inches wide by a half inch deep by about 8 inches long and lit it with my bic lighter. I saw a blinding flash and when I woke my face was covered with second degree burns, as was my lighter arm. My eyebrows, eyelashes and nasal hair were gone and I was really feeling like an idiot. For about a week I slept with my arm in a pan of water.

"hi my name is steve-o and this is the keg of gun powder" sounds like a stunt straight out of Jackass.

and i cant stop laughing! sorry! lol

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If you want to have some real fun (I did this when I was about 9 or 10), go to Toys R Us and buy some of those model rocket rockets. But instead of actually launching them off with a rocket, stick it to a model car and let it rip down the street. Make sure you make it aerodynamic enough though or else it will just go crazy.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
If you want to have some real fun (I did this when I was about 9 or 10), go to Toys R Us and buy some of those model rocket rockets. But instead of actually launching them off with a rocket, stick it to a model car and let it rip down the street. Make sure you make it aerodynamic enough though or else it will just go crazy.

When I lived in Colorado Springs, my little brother and I decided to make a bazooka out of some vacuum cleaner tubes, some Estes rockets, a couple cans of butane lighter fuel, a 357 bullet, and a nail. The idea was that the rocket with the gas cannister as a payload would shoot out of the vacuum cleaner tube and upon impact the canister would drive the nail into the 357 magnum round which would dischage into the gas canister exploding it. Well we went up on Cheyenne Mountain by Seven Falls and walked up this deserted canyon to test it. As the rocket came out of the tube, it started to make a u-turn, and all of a sudden we felt like we were in a coyote and roadrunner cartoon. We were running down the mountain as fast as we could go with the rocket careening after us. We never did hear it go off, and were quite thankful for it.

new topics

top topics

join