It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ozark Fae Folk / Little People Encounters & Sightings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I am looking for people that have personally had encounters or sightings of Fae Folk / Little People specifically in the Ozarks. Have you had an encounter? If so please tell me about it. Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, Oklahoma and surrounding states. You can message me on here or respond to this thread. We may feature your story in an upcoming documentary. If you would rather talk in private about this tell me and I will give you my email address. We are also looking for advisers in this, we are looking to learn all we can about interacting with this phenomenon and are looking for help learning how to protect ourselves and interact with that world in a safe way without interfering with it.

I'm just looking for ways to connect with those people.

We wouldn't use someones story without full written consent and we wouldn't ever try to push someone to participate if they do not want to or try to contact someone outside the forum without consent from that person. Every story helps in our journy to seeking this out!

I look forward in participating in this forum as I have had a love for the "paranormal" going back to my early childhood!

Thanks
Snowblind

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yeah. I dropped some window pane acid one time. I was told I also had a conversation with the Dali Lama going while I was tripping.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I grew up in Kansas- southwestern Kansas. Never once did I hear anything about this phenomenon there. Are there reports of that sort in Kansas?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I don't think there's a region on Earth that doesn't have legends/myths of the Little People. Though some areas have more than others, of course.

a reply to: Snowblinded

I don't know anyone personally. But most the Native American tribal cultural organizations would have someone you could talk to. From there, it'd probably be fairly easy to hook up with other folks knowledgeable in what you want to learn.

Amazon has a plethora of books on the subject, many of which you can get on Kindle, if that's something you'd be up for. Of course, there's your local libraries, too. Most colleges will have entire section devoted to such things.

Good luck with your hunt!

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
i wish you luck.
it would be purely an accident to see them, the wee folk dont like to be seen.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Sorry, I meant to link this before.

Try this, this might give you a place to start...

Kansa legends.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

The Ozark range is a go to place of mine. I try to not take in legends about a place I frequent. I have been on the Oklahoma and Arkansas side. I will say that one time my “Dakota fire” was put out by some being while I was sleeping but that is it.

Good luck on your findings!

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Welcome to the site!

Can't say I'm familiar with these. Do you know when the original incidences of these Fae Folk/Little People came about?

Nice thread about the tunnels: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-8-2018 by dreamingawake because: spelling lol

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

There's a thread around here where you could, should you be so inclined, relate that tale...

**hint, hint**

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
"Fae" is a bit vague..

But, I have had an experience in Colorado, if interested.

It could have been a hypnogogic experience, but I like to think I've had enough intentional and unintentional experience there to make a determination. They can be tricky though.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I was at a friend of a friends house here in the Ozarks (Arkansas) and everyone was sitting on the front porch one night when the homeowners (a lovely sweet couple) decided to play guitar and serenade the wilderness.

I could have sworn I saw several small animals and magical creatures scurrying underneath their porch swing attracted by the music. It was unusual, because one moment they looked like the aforementioned furry creatures and the next, just leaves blowing in the wind.

Their music and song was so beautifully enchanting it would not surprise me one iota if they attracted kindred spirits.

I know it's not much, but that's what I got.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
My ex wife used to swear she saw a little green man when she was around 12 years old (I think) in Missouri, but not the ozarks.
My uncle lives in the ozarks, and he swears that there are German speaking monkeys in the trees at his farm that cause all sorts of problems. He only swears about it when he has drank around 12 Milwaukees Best Beer's.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
So you wanna look into other dimensions...

These things are usually seen out of the corner of our eye.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is an interesting subject. I'm sorry that I don't have anything to add to your research. I grew up in the area and spent a lot of time in the Ozarks (Missouri and Arkansas) but never saw any little folk. As a child, I did think it was odd how many statues of Gnomes there were in the Branson area though. They always freaked me out a little.

Good luck and let us know the name of your documentary, I'd love to watch it!

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   
We moved just outside of Alpena, AR a few years ago. This house is about two miles from hwy 62. There's an old cattle pond in our yard. Now, I'm a part time practicing pagan. There is a Willow looking tree that was dead, I walked a few circles counterclockwise while calling the elements. I also, sprayed water as close to it as I could. Two years later, that tree is alive again.

I had this cat, Sassafrass, she was with me while I walked my circles most times. In the general area of that tree, I had this feeling like being observed. I had this planter with an odd tree looking thing in it. I put it over in the vicinity of the place I had the feeling in. This feeling was that there was a community of fairies or pixies living there.

One day last summer, as I was coming out our front door, I saw this extra large dragonfly with two legs dangling. It frightened me as it seemed to be flying aggressively at me, I screamed. My husband seemed skeptical when I told him what I saw so I said it must have been a big dragonfly or a wasp that the light made seem larger. But I know what I saw. These things don't act like they're at war but they're not good with our presence.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Where abouts is this farm? Talking monkeys would fit right in to the new scope we have decided to research in the area. We are expanding outside of just little people of the forest. Ant possibility we could check out this farm?

Thanks
Snowblind

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: HummaKavula

Im in the Branson area..grew up here...ive never heard of this..?
Interesting tho.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

You could try finding a local druid grove , see if there are druids in that area , they will be able to tell you anything about Faeries in that area !

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
How big are these little people?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snowblinded
a reply to: Fools

Where abouts is this farm? Talking monkeys would fit right in to the new scope we have decided to research in the area. We are expanding outside of just little people of the forest. Ant possibility we could check out this farm?

Thanks
Snowblind

Sadly my uncle sold the farm not so long ago and moved into an old folks home. It is between Meta and Saint Elizabeth. In the woods. You may not find any talking monkeys speaking in German, but you will find - on a clear night - one of the best places in Missouri to see the stars. There is little to no light pollution there. Also the streams that run through that area are crystal clear and pretty darn good for fishing.

I don't remember anyone in that area telling any tales about cryptids really, just sort of more fancy tales meant to teach little kids lessons. Next time I visit my uncle I will hang out in the local bar there and ask some of the old timers if they have any stories of such things.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join