It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omarosa Recorded Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Seems word is coming out that Omarosa Manigault-Newman, former contestant on Trumps TV show and part of his team has in her possession tapes of the president and has played these for people.

Now, I do not care who the president is. What you think of him. This is simply wrong on so many levels.

The mere existence of such recordings represent a dramatic betrayal of trust by a one-time Trump confidant who has since abandoned years of professed loyalty to the president and has apparently decided to profit off her years of closeness to Trump. President Trump particularly loathes the idea of being recorded without his knowledge, and felt especially irked and betrayed when news broke that Cohen had done so, as The Daily Beast reported late last month. Manigault didn’t respond to a request for comment on this story.

Although from the article is sounds like no one has heard anything bad it make me wonder a few things.

1. Why? Job Security?
2. Her departure from the WH makes a little more sense. I wonder if someone found out about it.
3. What else does she have?
4. Could it be that bad? I mean if she had some incriminating stuff why not just release that

and finally...is this legal? Private recording of citizens or police is one thing but the POTUS?

www.thedailybeast.com...

This makes 2 people who have recordings....wonder how many more are out there waiting for 2020?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Now, I do not care who the president is. What you think of him. This is simply wrong on so many levels.

Not to mention illegal.

Just ask Nixon if he were alive.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Pretty sure ANY conversation with the President is privileged and it is illegal to record them without consent. She is in deep deep doo doo

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Have no idea why Trump ever let her have a position there.

She was trouble on the apprentice, married to a democrat, and I always thought she was behind the twitter handle of those notorious behind the scenes tweets .

She is pure trouble, and this just goes to show how low she’ll stoop ! Hope she never works again.. disgraceful loyalty.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Old news

TDS, TDS, TDS, TDS, RAH, RAH, RAH,BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

1. Why?

Because she could, and (just a guess) someone made her an offer she couldn't turn down.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Not to mention illegal.

Just ask Nixon if he were alive.

It is only illegal in a few jurisdictions. In most, only one person being recorded needs to consent. If the recordings were made in New York, which is probable, it is legal. See, N.Y. Penal Law §§ 250.00, 250.05. DC is also a "one-party" state. See D.C. Code § 23-542. Florida requires all parties to consent, as do California, Connecticut, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington.
So, contrary to what you posted, it is not illegal.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

1. Why?

Because she could, and (just a guess) someone made her an offer she couldn't turn down.

More than likely. People have been offering vast sums of cash for any evidence of Trump's untoward behavior for quite some time, now. They are trying their damnest to ruin him, with little success.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
all the best people

its true

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

and finally...is this legal? Private recording of citizens or police is one thing but the POTUS?

If I remember the law correctly the recording is legal unless there is a waver she signed giving up the right.

She cannot legally release the recordings without the president's consent, but she can talk about or write about what is on them. The recordings would probably only be released if a court was involved in some way like if team Trump tried to sue for libel in which case the recordings could be used for her defense.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Pretty sure ANY conversation with the President is privileged and it is illegal to record them without consent. She is in deep deep doo doo

FALSE

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

Totally different ball game when it is in the white house with the president.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

FALSE back at you, very eloquent post though. I am a former USSS guy, I think I know a bit more than you about this

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Your online credentials have zero weight.

Also what I think you are claiming is that he has executive privilege which you do not seem to understand.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Let's settle the argument, which one of you slept at a Holiday Inn last night?

link   
Legal or not they are various scenarios i could come up with in order to retrieve any such tapes legally.

Either the ss is being slopy or it is a nothing burger.

National security comes to mind here.

By her even telling one person about the tapes she has compromised security.

That is unless she lives in a fortress and can validly show how the tapes could not be intercepted by any aggressors.
edit on 8-8-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

link   

Don't care if you believe me or not, It does not change the facts, that 1) I am former USSS, and 2) what she did is illegal, trust me.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Trust me when you leave those positions it is made VERY clear what you are to not talk about and what will happen to you if you do, it is also made very clear what you can and can not do when you get hired into those positions and secretly taping conversations with the President is definitely in the "can't do" column. Sounds like it doesn't matter anyway as from what I have read about it these are pretty mundane conversations .

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

I do not trust you.

I do trust the written law. If you are able to provide such I would admit I was wrong. I have looked for something that backs up your claim, but there doesn't seem to be any.

Let me be clear that I know classified or sensitive information dissemination is illegal. Recording him ranting is not classified.
edit on 8-8-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If anyone can play Trump at his own game.

I'd say it's Omarosa.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join