It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I shrink a 70MB video, and who can host it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I was tooling around on puter and made a couple of awesome videos. They are set to Aerosmiths "Sweet Emotion" and Pantera's"Respect". Its all military clips and it friggin rocks. If you've ever been to Grouchy Media.com you'll get an idea of what they are.

The problem I have is that now that I've made them, I have no idea what to do with them. They are both aprx. 70mb or so. I zipped them and got them down to 39mb or something close like that. I downloaded a program that broke it into 3 seperate files, but if I email that to someone, I dont know if they need to have the program to put it back together again.

So does anyone have any ideas? I could burn them to cd and mail them to ya if ya want. Ill even pay return postage,lol. Also, does anyone have any idea where I can post these? I'm not concerned with getting paid for them at all, but I would love to get these into our soldiers hands somehow.

Anybody feel free to help out here...thnks again !

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
try a google search for 'free video compression'. however remember when you compress a video file all youre doing in deleting bits of data, thereby reducing the overall quality of the file. so its a give and take thing.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
are they pro war or anti war? i will personally host them if they are anit war.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I would say they are neither. Rather, they are more of a tribute to the soldiers and to the military hardware. Since they do pump ya up though, I would lean towards pro, though. Quality stuff though...

SMR

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Splitting/merging them is quite simple as well as shrinking them.Best is maybe conversion to RM ( real media ) otherwise get a large host for free to show them off.I have a few hosts you can check,PM me.
If you want to see how to do this conversion,I suggest going to www.videohelp.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
are they pro war or anti war? i will personally host them if they are anit war.

i dont see the difference if they are pro or 'anit' war?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
becasue i am hardcore anti-war, especially this one.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The best compression I can think of is a quicktime mp4 file.Download Quicktime for free,open the file in it,then export the file as a mp4.There will be almost no image or music quality loss.I personaly have got 100meg files down to 6megs using the mp4 format that quick time uses.Its worth a try, and free.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
remember that, the more you compress something, the lower the quality is going to be.
RM and mov, although small in size, are pretty weak, visually.
install virtual dub, and see relative size of audio and video. perhaps you could lose size on a re-encoding of the audio, instead of the video.
30mb is large...3 mb is too small....
I'd recommend downsizing to about 12mb in whatever format looks/sounds best to you, then split it up with winzip, into 12 parts, with no/little compression. most emailers and hosts will allow you to store files

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Gazillion free webhosters in this url...beware, some of them require you to make a mandatory quantity of posts.

www.free-webhosts.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This might be wrong, but Im givin this thread a bump so more people can see it. I posted it late last night. I gotta goto work now, Ill check back later. Feel free to u2u me if you want..

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If you have cable, the set up your own ftp server. It's very easy.
People can access the server from their web browsers to download files of any size.
And all the software you need is free.
An alternative would be to seed them as torrents, and get people to download them with a torrent client.
That way, people wouldn't suck so much of your bandwidth.
Theres multiple ways to skin a cat

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Jusr use Windows movie maker to compress the files.
You can tell it how many megabytes you want the file to be:

moviemaker2

You can use yousendit to distribute the file.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Jusr use Windows movie maker to compress the files.
You can tell it how many megabytes you want the file to be:

moviemaker2

You can use yousendit to distribute the file.

ok, i got it down to 4mb..sound quality suffers a bit, but not bad. I can mess with it later. Now for part 2---What can I do with these? I want people to see em and tell me what they think, but I dont know what to do with them? Any ideas?? Help !!!

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Make a thread, maybe in the Multimedia Section on ATS.

Remember, YouSendIt has a week limit if I recall. Itll delete the file after that.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
hey--thnks a mill ! Im sending to myself right now. From there I think I will forward it out to all in my address book, and have them forwarded. I just wish there was someplace I could send them for good, for free..lol.. I just want peeps to check em out, and hopefully some soldiers will get their hands on them. They friggin rock. I spent alot of time of time them, but I just did it for fun, now, I'm like, This needs to get out to the masses !!..oh well..

Im going to start a new thread in a little bit and see if I cant get this to work. It might be a rough start, but I'll figure it out..lol. If enough people link and see it, someone will know what to do.

new topics

top topics

join