It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida cows thwart carjacking suspect, herd her straight toward police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I doubt that the cows in this story were pets, but I wouldn't mind having them guard my property! I have a very vivid childhood memory that took place during a summer vacation visiting relatives in the tiny town of Saybrook Illinois. The family I was visiting had a fenced pasture area where several cows lived. I must have been seven years old and didn't know much about cows, but I was very much interested in animals (something that has stuck with me).

I remember climbing up to sit on the old wooden fence to get a better view of the cows, and noticed a calf just laying there basking in the sun while her mother grazed nearby. Then, I got the bright idea to go pet the gorgeous creature, so, I jumped down to the other side of the fence and made my way towards the calf that was about 30 feet away.

It never crossed my mind that the calf's mother might not take kindly to a scrawny human getting close to her baby, but, when I got within a few feet of it, the mother stomped her hoof, snorted, and charged me at full speed. I ran frantically back to the fence filling my Converse low-tops with cow pies each step and struggled to make it over the fence and to safety.

Seems kind of silly now, but it was an experience that gave me a life-long respect for cows!

Don't underestimate the power of the bovine!

FOX NEWS SOURCE ARTICLE

An alleged carjacking suspect almost got away from Florida police – only to be thwarted by a herd of pesky cows. Police said the driver and a passenger in a stolen Subaru SUV fled on foot after the car crashed in a ditch in Sanford, WKMG-TV reported. Another passenger remained at the scene and was arrested.

But the other passenger, Jennifer Kaufman, fled to a nearby field where she was corralled by cattle. In a video released by the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office, which assisted in the incident, Kaufman can be seen running through a field with more than two dozen cows in pursuit. At least one cow got very close to the woman. “If you see the large group of cows, they’re literally following her and chasing her,” an officer said in the video.

Eventually the cows herded her to the edge of a field where she climbed through what appears to be a fence, only to be immediately arrested. Richard Kondracki has dozens of cows on his property, and while they’ve never been aggressive in the past, he is also not aware of a stranger running through his field before, he told WKMG.

Both Kaufman and Young were charged with trespassing, petite theft, drug possession and resisting arrest. Police found 1.3 grams of coc aine as well as drug paraphernalia inside the Subaru, according to the Sentinel.

edit on 882018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
From Crime Busters to Big Macs: The Incredible Cow!

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Seems the cows had a beef with her, and had to steer her into the arms of justice. I guess they had a serious steak in keeping her out of their pasture.

Ok. I'm done.

edit on 8-8-2018 by wylekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
Seems the cows had a beef with her, and had to steer her into the arms of justice. I guess they had a serious steak in keeping her out of their pasture.

Ok. I'm done.

Moove along!

edit on 882018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
That should be on the worlds dumbest criminals.

Scared of cows?

LOL.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
It never crossed my mind that the calf's mother might not take kindly to a scrawny human getting close to her baby, but, when I got within a few feet of it, the mother stomped her hoof, snorted, and charged me at full speed. I ran frantically back to the fence filling my Converse low-tops with cow pies each step and struggled to make it over the fence and to safety.

I've mentioned on here before that when I was little, my parents ran a farm. We had a little bit of everything livestock, including a ridiculously aggressive breeding bull. Apparently he and I were best buddies, my mother likes to rub it in that while he charged everybody else, he'd let me scale the fence to the pasture and walk it with him, or snooze on him if he was hunkered down for a nap himself. Anybody else would have had to run like hell.

Animals in general are fickle as hell about who they like or don't like, I don't see why cows would be any different.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is how I would have handled the situation after properly disposing of the yayo.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

originally posted by: wylekat

Ok. I'm done.

Moove along!

I guess I should be udderly ashamed of myself. *rim shot*

new topics

top topics

join