It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Senate Intelligence Committee calls Julian Assange to testify

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
According to wikileaks on Twitter, the U.S. Senate "intelligence" committee is calling for Julian Assange to testify !!

There's a letter circulating that says so.

A little odd because JA is wanted by the US Govt for crimes !!

Unless they somehow give him a free visa pass, how could he even consider showing up?

Is this a prank? 😁

Maybe he does a certified video conference 😃

BREAKING: US Senate Intelligence Committee calls editor @JulianAssange to testify

WikiLeaks

@wikileaks

BREAKING: US Senate Intelligence Committee calls editor @JulianAssange to testify. Letter delivered via US embassy in London. WikiLeaks' legal team say they are "considering the offer but testimony must conform to a high ethical standard".

wikileaks tweet

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Red rover red rover let julian come over...

This could be interesting.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Is he?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Is he?

why yes, yes he is.

Since American jurisprudence contemplates the death penalty for acts of treason, which Assange is accused of committing when he released the Wikileaks material publicly, his argument for requesting asylum in a foreign diplomatic mission is that he fears for his life if Sweden ever decides to send him to the United States.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Is he?

Silly...

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You do realize that the U.S. Senate "intelligence" committee is an oxymoron. And I don't mean a stupid employee of Occidental Petroleum, commonly refered to as "Oxy".

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Supposedly, the testimony would be given "at a mutually agreeable time and place."

This might actually be Assange's ticket out of the embassy. He could insist that the meeting be held in Geneva, or some place like that, and then just leave afterward.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This needs to happen

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Unless they somehow give him a free visa pass, how could he even consider showing up?

He doesn't have to turn up , they could use video link.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

This might actually be Assange's ticket out of the embassy. He could insist that the meeting be held in Geneva, or some place like that, and then just leave afterward.

How would he get to Geneva ? , if he sets foot outside of the embassy he will be arrested.
The Intelligence Committee can promise what they want but that has no effect on British law.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Mr. Asaange is sick as a dog and isn't going anywhere....

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well, as soon as he leaves the Ecuadorean embassy he'll end up being arrested. Sod that the US wants to talk to him, he's got to face a criminal charge in the UK - that of skipping bail.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I would love to see Trump giving JA a transactional immunity for him to testify... For starters, it would make the deep state go crazy, and secondly, he could begin speaking freely on everything he knows. It would be incredible to watch unfold, especially if they questioned him in a open format.
edit on 8-8-2018 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

FYI to everyone who's unaware of how SHADY the SENATE Intelligence Committee is:

The most corrupt part of congress is the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (SSCI). The SSCI is the center of the deepest part of the Deep State swamp.

The SSCI never, ever, E.V.E.R… does anything that does not protect and advance the self-interest of the corrupt Washington DC professional political class.

Apparently the SSCI wants to interview WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, in a closed session.

You could slowly drive rail-road spikes through my knee-caps and I still would never concede that that SSCI has a “good” motive here. It’s impossible.
Much More at: theconservativetreehouse.com... oors/

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't think Assange would live long enough to get the truth out if he travels. I really hope that he speaks up, under oath, but he needs to do it via video safely from his current location.

He said it was not Russians who gave WL the leaked emails. That goes against the big plan.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

The Senate Intel Committee probably wanted to keep this secret. Maybe they want to send a few key members to where Julian Assange is, and interview him?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

That might be ok, if Assange has his lawyer and a few trusted people there as well, to witness what he says and keep him safe.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

This link has a good timeline with a summary of the texts between Ohr and Steele. They discuss an "our guy".

Is Julian Assange "Our Guy"

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

That might be ok, if Assange has his lawyer and a few trusted people there as well, to witness what he says and keep him safe.

Julian Assange is too smart to keep all the secrets and techniques ONLY in his head. There is no doubt that he has fail-safe mechanisms. I remember this being discussed back when Secty of State Hillary was looking for ways to murder Julian.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

This link has a good timeline with a summary of the texts between Ohr and Steele. They discuss an "our guy".

Is Julian Assange "Our Guy"

That was a FASCINATING read! I saw the various revelations last night, but Jeff Carlson tied it all together very logically. It seems as if Senator Mark Warner is one of the deep-state criminals who's trying to cover his trail. I started a thread on how he asked the DOJ to NOT give the House Intel Committee any more documents. That was a crazy request that reeked of desperation. Julian Assange probably is "Our Guy" referenced in those Steele/Ohr text messages. Great find!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join