It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sentient Vines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Not long ago a friend and I went camping in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest. We loaded our gear onto bikes and took logging toads that turned into pathes and eventually into untouched forest. When we could ride no further we made camp on the high bank about 30 feet above a small river.

It was a beautiful spot, eerily quiet except for the soft sound of the water moving below. It truly felt as if I was in a place that no man had been before. We made a small fire and set up a few lanterns, as we were in such dense forest it wasnt long before the light was fading.

As it grew darker a strange thing started to happen. If I stood or sat in one spot for any length of time I would find my ankles tangled in vines. I was wearing shorts and each time I would pull myself free I would end up with small cuts. Eventually I put on pants but it kept happening. No matter how hard I tried to avoid them I kept finding myself, my gear, firewod, etc. getting tangled in these thorny vines. They seemed to not only be coming from the ground but I find them across my path, catching my face and neck.

It was so bad that the next morning, covered in cuts and scratches, we packed up and headed home. Something didnt want us there and drove us out.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Sounds like you took a detour through Ferngully.

Maybe Ive played too much D&D but I do believe there are vines that actively look for growth support?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: KevinKaboom

Sounds like stinging nettle. Did you know it has medicinal uses? They make good restraints.
edit on 8/8/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

Yes and no. I have had times of getting myself tangled up in vines and branches, but I always was sure I was a klutz.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I would just be standing in one spot, soaking in the nature, enjoying the fire and a beer while reminiscing with my old friend. I wasn't dancing, I wasn't doing piroettes or gymnastics...yet these vines would somehow end up wrapped around my ankles, creeping up my legs.

It started out as a mere annoyance but when they started to come down from above and end up in my face or catching my neck...well it drove me a bit apesh*t. I even went a little berserk with a machete.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It was probably the logging toads messing with your head.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
It was probably the logging toads messing with your head.

Ha ha...yeah, we shouldn't have been licking them

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I'd say someone's been watching to much Evil Dead before a trip, but nettles seem to have a life of there own and could be the culprit.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Hey, who knows? Wouldn't surprise me. Tripped me out when I found out Venus fly traps are native to the Carolinas. I thought they'd be some weird long lost plant from the wild Amazons, heh.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
So you can just submit obvious works of fiction to the Crytpo forum now and that passes for content?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: KevinKaboom
I would just be standing in one spot, soaking in the nature, enjoying the fire and a beer while reminiscing with my old friend. I wasn't dancing, I wasn't doing piroettes or gymnastics...yet these vines would somehow end up wrapped around my ankles, creeping up my legs.

It started out as a mere annoyance but when they started to come down from above and end up in my face or catching my neck...well it drove me a bit apesh*t. I even went a little berserk with a machete.

You know, ideally the words berserk and machete should never be in the same sentence together...just sayin'.

top topics

join