It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Use fluoride, I guess, maybe,

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Why do we need to drink fluoridated water if it's already in our toothpaste?

It just seems buzzare that the government is allowed to mass Medicate our water supply.

I'm not fighting the notion that fluoride prevents tooth decay but the long term effects on the human body. How does it affect one by drinking and brushing fluoride everyday.

Think about it, nutritional science is changing all the time. Exactly what kind of diet you should have and the long term effects. Our understanding of how food effects our body constantly updates/changes.

Then there is fluoride... Let's just assume that's always been perfectly safe for everyday consumption.

Reasonable people have questioned fluoridated water. The official explanation is to promote healthy teeth in children, whose parents buy meth with their toothbrush/paste budget, see no use for dentists, or are tin foil hats and think baking soda protects teeth and cures cancer. But, to be serious, if that's possible in a thread like this, I don't either see adults and fluoridated water as a sensible thing, the question whether it's truly a bad thing, like bankers coming to herd us to detention camps, which we know is imminent danger and bad. Probably bankers, bearing fluoride-laced chocolates.
edit on 8-8-2018 by Scrutinizing because: Not to forget the dentists of the NWO!

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Science doesn't give a crap what you believe.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

True.
But some science is better than others.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Take a look into Japan's Apagard toothpaste. It's a remineralizing nanohydroxyapatite paste that has no fluoride, and is biodegradable and edible.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

True.

The question is, can ATS tell the difference?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Tooth decay is caused by life style choices.

I do not mean diet either.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

So what do you mean?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

True.

The question is, can ATS tell the difference?

Not usually, no

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

So what do you mean?

sin

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Adultery causes cavities?
Envy?
Murder?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Adultery causes cavities?
Envy?
Murder?

Maybe...

At least it is a testable theory.

Oh and coffee can help undo some sin.

I think i have spread enough awareness for one day...

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtfatta

Take a look into Japan's Apagard toothpaste. It's a remineralizing nanohydroxyapatite paste that has no fluoride, and is biodegradable and edible.

That's really interesting, would like to see what studies there are as to how it attaches to tooth enamel, need to Google this. I noticed there are tubes of a Japanese toothpaste at around $17 a tube, which, like almost a matter of principle, I'd be too cheap to pay for a tube of paste, would rather die from fluoride, unless it does something remarkably more for teeth whitening, or offers more protection than fluoride.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Many countries have now removed fluoride from their water supplies. In Japan only 1% of drinking water contains added fluoride. Most of Europe do not add fluoride to water including
Austria
Finland
Estonia
Czech Replublic
Belgium
Germany
France
Greece
Hungary
Netherlands

Many countries tried back in the 60s & 70s and various studies showed little or no difference and most projects were discontinued with no impact on oral health. In fact in Germany research and studies showed that remarkably, that after stopping the fluoride to water, cavities and general oral health improved! Some countries water still contains fluoride but in its natural state i.e. calcum fluoride or fluoride salt. Many countries in Europe adopted the stance that they did not have the right to medicate their citizens

The UK still has 7 or so Water Authorities that add fluoride and despite many years of countrywide water tampering, we continue to have pretty lousy teeth
Lifestyle and diet..... its not brain surgery too much sugar=cavities

edit on 8-8-2018 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Fluoride is poison - don't believe me then read the label on your toothpaste.
It says to call poison control if ingested.
Toothpaste for young children do not have fluoride in it because they are more likely to ingest it.
The question is, should poison of any kind really be in your mouth?????

I haven't used toothpaste for years. My last cleaning the hygienist said I didn't have tartar or plaque and there wasn't much to clean and basically keep doing whatever I'm doing. I am an avid flosser and brush with good ol' plain water. I do use baking soda every once in a while.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Death or injury antennas need to be fully in tune when the word ends in ide...

Suicide, homicide, bride, genocide, collide, oxide, fungicide, rock-slide, St. Ides, etc...

waterawarenessgroup.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
anything is toxic in the right concentration, ffs

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don’t drink tap water and I use a fluoride free toothpaste. I believe the warning label on the bag.

We've had this discussion so much it is so funny to see the same things pop up over and over.

Dosages. Everything is about dosages.

We need salt to live. Eat a pound of it and see what happens.
We need water to live. Drink 20 litres at once and see what happens.
Cucumbers have levels of fluoride in them. Do people check and see where their food comes from and make sure that the water used in the food production is fluoride free?

It's a little bit ridiculous. Almost like a vegan pouring gravy on tofu.

I'm not saying people shouldn't have the choice and live their life, but taking things out of context to scare yourself or others is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Why do we need to drink fluoridated water if it's already in our toothpaste?

It just seems buzzare that the government is allowed to mass Medicate our water supply.

I'm not fighting the notion that fluoride prevents tooth decay but the long term effects on the human body. How does it affect one by drinking and brushing fluoride everyday.

Think about it, nutritional science is changing all the time. Exactly what kind of diet you should have and the long term effects. Our understanding of how food effects our body constantly updates/changes.

Then there is fluoride... Let's just assume that's always been perfectly safe for everyday consumption.

It's not a medicine, it's a mineral.

You would die of water intoxication before you got dental fluorosis at proper doses. There are checks and balances when it comes to water treatment.

There was a study done on two towns that had the same water supply, one added fluoride, one did not. The Newburgh-Kingston 10 yeaMy old thread.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I think It would be a good idea that any proponents of fluoride should be forced (as none of these people would willingly put fluoride Into them) to have a comprehensive study carried out on them just to make sure that the nuclear waste they tell us Is fluoride Is safe

Anyone who spends the time can see that the majority of fluoride comes from chemical fertiliser factories check out the EPA site which had a list of sources that fluoride Is sourced from,

If we dig a little more we can see that the water companies add sodium fluoride and sodium silica fluoride, there Is a law relating to chemical fertiliser companies to remove the silica from fluoride capture hence we are now left with a safe assumption that sodium and sodium silica are sourced primarily from the fertiliser and aluminium companies that sell the government their waste.

Fluoride is the remnants caught In the smoke stacks that were enforced by the government because people were dying from the smoke from the fertiliser factories that burn phosphate rock to make fertiliser which make our plants grow quicker.

All phosphate rock contains uranium and Its breakdown products which ends up in the smoke stacks and then Into your Toothpaste, Tap water, Teflon (although It should be banned now as a judge ordered in 2008 yet dupont refused to stop producing teflon until 2015) scotchguard and pharmaceutical pills et al.

Cavities are caused from inside the tooth not the outside and there have been 2 10 year studies carried out one In Iowa which the american government have found no evidence that It works and another In Denmark which was very well carried out and said fluoride has an adverse affect on teeth.

You can freeze your water LOL I found this page about 3 years ago and it said the weight of the pure water separated from the heavier contaminants and rose to the top over the course of time, It also said that the Ice formed around It would take 3 hours but It does not say that anymore maybe I looked at It wrong or something that I cannot explain.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jinni73

I'll happily brush my teeth with fluoride.

The fluoride in toothpaste is different and in a higher concentration than the fluoride used in water fluoridation.
I guess labelling everything as fluoride would be like calling every facial tissue Kleenex. People know what you mean when you say it, but they don't really know what brand it is.

Care to guess why cavities start on the inside of the tooth? There are many pages discussing the how of this.

The problem with googling items and regurgitating it means that you have an unclear picture of how items are processed. It is apparent when you discuss how fluoride is the remnants caught in the smoke stacks argument.

Here is a good read for a little more clear information than you have read.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join