It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Use fluoride, I guess, maybe,

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I found this gem today

"Experts question benefits of fluoride-free toothpaste"

"Most toothpastes already contain fluoride. While health authorities recognize fluoride as a cavity blocker, the internet is dotted with claims, often from "natural" toothpaste marketers and alternative medicine advocates, that fluoride-free toothpaste also prevents cavities.

Dental authorities disagree."

"It's really important to debunk this idea that brushing your teeth stops decay. You need to have the fluoride," said Damien Walmsley, a scientific adviser"

www.google.com...

Who do you believe anymore?

Fluoride is poison.
Fluoride is beneficial.
Flossing is a waste of time.
Flossing is essential.
Cavities are bad.
Fillings are poisonous.

I love the sound of settled science.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I truly don't understand how not flossing can be just as healthy for oral health as flossing.

I use fluoride-free toothpaste and have for at least 8 years. Will be following this thread to see what the general consensus is on ATS, and will follow that up with my own research (since ATS isn't my one-stop shop for health information, and it shouldn't be yours either
)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I'm always skeptical of any "studies" or "expert opinions" that are associated with things an industry has the possibility of making or losing money due to what the "study" finds.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

There must be figures from before vs after florides wide spread use.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You would think it would be that simple.

I honestly think it's the sugar in American food that causes the biggest problems like tooth decay and obesity.
We would need to compare other countries like Japan and France to get a true feel I suppose.

Genetics?
Diets?
Environmental?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Big pharma ?

We would surely be toast without Colgate Palmolive, et al ...

And don't waste big bucks on vitamn hype !

Read up .
edit on 8-8-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I use a small amount of fluoride free toothpaste (for flavor) and then dip my toothbrush in arm and hammer baking soda since reading about toxic fluoride..............my teeth have never been so clean. I also use a slim soft toothbrush.
If fluoride was not toxic it would not have a warning on the tube that says use only a pea sized amount and supervise children when brushing their teeth. I do wonder how many parents take note of this warning!

”Warning: Keep out of the reach of children under 6 years of age. If you accidentally swallow more than used for brushing, seek professional assistance or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
saveourbones.com... This link is not selling anything.

edit on 8-8-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

What country are you in ?

Having travelled a bit and been fascinated by different countries priority warnings on the supposed same products that I use here in Oz ... Just check Nescafè coffee labels from different countries.

😏

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Marika....lol

Check out kit kat flavors in Japan if you like that sort of thing.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I am in the UK.
Is there a warning label on toothpaste in Oz?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Must be why they put it in the local watering hole too. The gov cares so much about our dental hygiene, isn't that nice!

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Fluoride toothpaste and flossing are required for maximum oral health, and this has been a no-brainer, for over 50 years. All the technical information is on the web, what and how fluoride prevents decay, even repairs decay, to a real degree. And flossing? Saying that's not good is like saying bathing is bad, is like saying the bacterial origins of tooth decay is wrong, when the bacteria are even identified, that eat your teeth and infect gums, that even feed anaerobic bacteria under your gums, which cause periodontal disease.

You can find "experts" that would tell you most anything is bad other experts say is good, despite things that are established truths, to 99.99% of all other real experts, undisputed: somebody will say it's bad, will do anything, to turn a buck from gullible people. The lies start with con artists, and this has been going on forever: you've heard of "snake oil salesmen" and medicine shows, right? Fake "experts" selling some "miracle" toothpaste, without fluoride, like some anti-coffee website selling tea, "your water is scary" website selling water filters, etc. This is where most of these lies begin. Follow the money, and somebody is trying to turn a buck by some con, to supposedly "save you" from fluoride. With the internet, these days some con man makes something up, to turn a buck, and paranoids pass the “expert” con information on, even start morphing it, until there are dozens of websites stating fluoride is a mind control plot of the Mossad.

Now, if you are a tin toil hat and believe fluoride toothpaste is a Mossad, alien or deep state conspiracy, so be it. Who knows, maybe you'll one day get to graduate from tin foil hat idiot to toothless tin foil hat idiot. Boy, that's a pretty picture! Green teeth and bloody gums, with one hand on a bugout bag.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

www.google.com...=amp

Maybe, I guess.

We treated Ulsters wrong for years.
One doctor won a noble prize when he discovered they were caused by bacteria.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I don’t drink tap water and I use a fluoride free toothpaste. I believe the warning label on the bag.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

So the crap will kill me but I'll have nice teeth when I die....hmmmm

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Fluoride is poison plain and simple - Why put it in drinking water ? We ingest water when tooth paste say's not to swallow .

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Fluoride is poison plain and simple - Why put it in drinking water ? We ingest water when tooth paste say's not to swallow .

That's a fact. I don't know many people that drank water with fluouride, all their lives, that have lived past 100. Though, to be fair, it could have been the breathing that got them, chemtrails and all.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Real men use....

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Real men use....

There you go! Everybody knows that, if Infowars says so, it's got to be true. Yep, Superblue: don't leave home for Bohemian Grove without it!

By the way, is there, say, an Alex brand double-duty foil? The headaches are either from insufficient protection, or getting surreptitiously abducted by the NWO, and a 5G router implanted in my butt. Can't tell which.
edit on 8-8-2018 by Scrutinizing because: I need, I say, need better blocking technology!

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Why do we need to drink fluoridated water if it's already in our toothpaste?

It just seems buzzare that the government is allowed to mass Medicate our water supply.

I'm not fighting the notion that fluoride prevents tooth decay but the long term effects on the human body. How does it affect one by drinking and brushing fluoride everyday.

Think about it, nutritional science is changing all the time. Exactly what kind of diet you should have and the long term effects. Our understanding of how food effects our body constantly updates/changes.

Then there is fluoride... Let's just assume that's always been perfectly safe for everyday consumption.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join