It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House says North Korea has not taken denuclearisation steps

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

And that has what to do with the topic?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
So is NK sending missiles over Japan again?

No sir, actually they're still making gains on destroying test sites last I checked.

There was a story about it yesterday, I think OP didn't see it, or they would have included that.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

And that has what to do with the topic?

It just fun..

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
North Korea is still making more nukes so any thoughts of them denuclearization is null. Their test facilities are being taken down and that means they don't need to make any more tests. The missile factories are pumping out all they need full bore.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Do we get back the $150 billion?
Wait, wrong country,

Even if they don't play ball, we didn't give North Korea anything. All "deals" were contingent that they start their end first, then we follow suit.

I get not being with Trump on a host of issues, but why the resistance from so many on this one? The country as a whole literally had nothing to lose by seeing if this could happen. Tens of thousands of troops could come home, and the threat of war shadowing millions of people gone.

But God forbid Trump get a win on something like this.

The selfishness I see in this country is damn right shameful sometimes. I can't believe some people would rather this fall through than the planet putting a blight behind us.
Right, it’s disturbing and sad to see people against something important just because it’s Trump’s admin. It’s as if they care more about their anger, feelings, and desire to see him fail than any other consideration.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
So basically you think it's fine for the deal to fall through and NK to continue building weapons, as long as it makes Trump look bad, right?
I mean, you clearly ARE celebrating this .
only Nazis would ever say that Trump could do anything good... (clutches pearls)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I was beginning to think I was the only one who noticed that.

Diplomacy is not one meeting, and rather a short one at that, it's a long term investment in time and effort. But given our, or Boltons apparently, ten second attention span...that's apparently too much to ask for. Time to make it work.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Seems obvious that, seemingly, he was. That it can't possibly happen that quickly plays right into his, umm, dislike for Trump.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

But given our, or Boltons apparently, ten second attention span...that's apparently too much to ask for. Time to make it work.

Well, he doesn't even try to hide his war hawk attitude against North Korea and Iran. The only reason this stain on foreign policy has been given anything more than neocon praise is because of his anti-Russia stance that goes along with his cocktail for disaster approach to nothing more than American projection.

I had much disdain for him getting the position of National (in)Security Advisor.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

I'm pretty sure, there is no other 'politican' in the world who had talk more bs in 1 1/2 years then ronald the mcdonald. I know, america is rockin' the world again, crime is on an all time low, no massshootings anymore, your healthinsurence can compare to any other third world country, everybody has a job, no drugproblems, you can still marry your gun, relations between americas allies are better then ever, the russian government finally is americas best buddy, the EU is the real enemy, no racism anymore, the neonazis are gone and so on, and the most important thing, your president is highly the most respected president of all time - no other clown is that successfull.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

What I find especially amusing is the use of him as the "evidence" that Trump is failing. I thought one of the reasons Trump was failing, or would fail, was because of idiots like Bolton?? But if it supports the narrative, I guess that makes Bolton palatable...

I don't like Bolton. He seems far too willing to spend other peoples sons and daughters to achieve ends that could be accomplished peacefully if given time.

Successful diplomacy is rarely an instantaneous process.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Eleven. Eleven Presidents have been in office since North Korea became a pebble in the shoe of the world.

A nuclear North Korea, then yeah, we'll go with the four.

But NK should have been dealt with decades ago...though how that would have happened without a war, I don't know.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: avgguy

I'm pretty sure, there is no other 'politican' in the world who had talk more bs in 1 1/2 years then ronald the mcdonald. I know, america is rockin' the world again, crime is on an all time low, no massshootings anymore, your healthinsurence can compare to any other third world country, everybody has a job, no drugproblems, you can still marry your gun, relations between americas allies are better then ever, the russian government finally is americas best buddy, the EU is the real enemy, no racism anymore, the neonazis are gone and so on, and the most important thing, your president is highly the most respected president of all time - no other clown is that successfull.

Tell us how you really think.

Joking aside, it's not as bad as you paint it. Many of those problems you listed are shared by many countries, and not just ours.

We also had those problems under other administrations too. I doubt we will solve them so long as our citizens are as polarized as they are, and apathetic about keeping up on true current events and political platforms rather than going with the two(one) party system.

Oh, if the other half of them decided to vote(with knowledge on issues) that would be a good start too.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
What is truly incredible is that there are people who would actually want to see nuclear war rather than have peace and afford Trump a small measure of credit.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Lol @ Trump working hard on the phone: I have that same phone on my desk. The screen background changes when an active call is in progress. Trump is holding up a phone to his head but there is no active call.......working hard for America!

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

in fact, the world is a better place then 20 years ago. i was a little bit sarcastic, sorry for that. i'm a fan of americas culture and diversity. america is very important for the worlds balance, but trump is acting like a chimpance in a toystore. this trump is jesus and he will fix all our problems is tiring, because he's not interested in peoples life. it's all about his brand, money and power. he brings chaos. it's no coinsidence that all the right-wingers around the globe are counting on him.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well....he did kinda try, I guess, maybe....
He tweeted all he wants is world peace, but then he tweets a lot of crazy. Perhaps he is thinking Iran will bring home the Prize.

Maybe he just had his eye on the Nobel prize. Who knows with this character ?
One day it's a Hollywood star..next it's a Nobel

Least there are a pile of commemorative coins freshly minted so everyone can remember.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Why does it keep occurring that the "Whitehouse" official response and the presidents official response are complete!y at odds with each other?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

As if...

Obama just finished up his deal to keep Iran stable and nuke free.

Trump was on the phone with KFC ordering a bucket of extra crispy.
And yelling that they'd better hurry.

Oh and a diet coke of course...
edit on 882018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join