It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House says North Korea has not taken denuclearisation steps

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

"It's just North Korea that has not taken the steps we feel are necessary to denuclearise,"

Did anyone in all seriousness ever believe they would?

With nuclear armed China and Russia on their border, it was never going to happen.
Hope i am proved wrong.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Good gravy.
Reading this thread, one would expect to find that the North Koreans have resumed nuclear testing and are launching missiles over Japan again.

But that isn't the case.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Did we get our American hostages back without giving them anything? Yes
Did we get some American remains back without giving them anything? Yes

So if we get nothing else he still did more than anybody else was able to do. I'm willing to give him credit when he succeeds and admit that he wasn't able to pull it off when he fails.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

But dude trumps a failure, he’s failing at everything ( every liberal in this thread)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Relax, guys. It's just 7D chess. Trust the plan.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I don’t know about everyone else but I’m happy we’re not being threatened with nuclear war right now and we already got a couple concessions from NK without giving up anything. Denuclearization is just icing on the cake at this point since we already know they have the capability to develop them.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
So basically you think it's fine for the deal to fall through and NK to continue building weapons, as long as it makes Trump look bad, right?
I mean, you clearly ARE celebrating this .

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Just how long has it been? Do you expect them to denuclearize in two months? How long do you give them? I saw an interview with Mike Pompeo somewhere (probably Fox) where he said one year. I read another article that said North Korea expects the US to withdraw its' nuclear weapons also. The plan was to denuclearize the peninsula not just get NK to surrender its' weapons. As I understand it the one year time frame understanding was reached during talks between North and South Korea, not North Korea and Trump. That was already established by the time Trump went there.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

every liberal in this thread

Hell, they would be like this if Kim set off a nuke in their city,

as long as it made Trump look bad.

SMFH

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Notice how nearly every response to this thread shares the same obvious truth? Political enemies of Trump celebrating the idea that denuclearization may not be happening as quickly as we'd like.

Notice how the never-Trumpers have no response to that other than to bring up Trump's golfing habits?

Notice how the OP only authors threads on hit pieces against Trump that seem to fade into obscurity once they're debunked?

Ok. I think you've noticed, but just checking.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The meeting was less that 2 months ago. You were expecting a change with nuclear material in that time?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Did we get our American hostages back without giving them anything? Yes
Did we get some American remains back without giving them anything? Yes

So if we get nothing else he still did more than anybody else was able to do. I'm willing to give him credit when he succeeds and admit that he wasn't able to pull it off when he fails.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: avgguy

every liberal in this thread

Hell, they would be like this if Kim set off a nuke in their city,

as long as it made Trump look bad.

SMFH

LMAO I wish I could give that a 100 stars

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

The meeting was less that 2 months ago. You were expecting a change with nuclear material in that time?

My guess is there is a large group of people who don't want that change period. Unless it perhaps is negotiated by someone else.

There are plenty of issues to tag Trump on, and rightfully so. But to be so spiteful you want failure on this just so he doesn't get a gold star and a pat on the ass is just selfish.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

My guess is there is a large group of people who don't want that change period. Unless it perhaps is negotiated by someone else.

There are plenty of issues to tag Trump on, and rightfully so. But to be so spiteful you want failure on this just so he doesn't get a gold star and a pat on the ass is just selfish.

"Selfish"? It's frickin insane.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

NK has taken more steps towards denuclearization under President Trump in 2 years than it did in 8 years under Hussein.

OP please link to the thread you created complaining about Husein's lack of NK denuclearization.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Weird. Obama wasn't able to get anything done in NK (or anywhere) and he STILL got a Nobel Peace Prize!

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

"Selfish"? It's frickin insane.

I was trying to play nice haha. But yes, I agree with your sentiment.

Our political climate is so dreary when it comes to significant wins for we the people, I will take the very few we get from whoever they come from. Hell, I hate Bolton, but if someone sneaks him a pot brownie and helps him appear to have a beating heart long enough to intervene on a military exchange some day, I'll say good job in a post here. Hell, I'll do it without gagging or throwing up. Funny what we're capable of when we put aside emotion or opinions aside for the greater good.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
So is NK sending missiles over Japan again?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join