It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House says North Korea has not taken denuclearisation steps

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Uh oh, not so fast Don.

Mr Bolton, in an interview on Fox News, said US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was prepared to return to North Korea for another meeting with Mr Kim.

"What we really need is not more rhetoric," Mr Bolton said.

"What we need is performance from North Korea on denuclearisation."

He said the United States has lived up to the Singapore declaration that followed the June 12 summit Mr Trump and Mr Kim held in Singapore.

Source

What?

"It's just North Korea that has not taken the steps we feel are necessary to denuclearise," Mr Bolton said.

He said the relaxation of any sanctions was not under consideration.

Jesus it's not happening? Christ I am just blown away. Just Blown away by this revelation. Never mind the countless other revelations we've had since the summit. But hey, hey maybe negotiations take a while I guess right?

Oh good lord what am I doing? I've become a crazy extreme liberal dancing on the failure of peace on the Korean Penninsula. What is wrong with me? Am I that deluded by partisanship that I'm willing to forgo peace in the world? I mean I should just bunker down like the rest of you and get that big fat head of mine into the sand right?

Donald Trump expanding use of drone strikes

Syria bombing: Donald Trump defends saying 'mission accomplished' after torrent of criticism

Suspected US airstrike in Syria kills at least 54 people

While Condemning Iran, the U.S. Contributes to Terrorism in the Middle East, Too

Donald Trump reimposes sanctions on Iran. What happens next?

'Beyond disgraceful': White House considering extraditing Putin critics to Russia

It was never about peace to begin with folks and that's the cold hard truth. Not stopping.

Hey I heard there's another summit later down the year. Let's hold our collective breaths again shall we and distract ourselves again?

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Do we get back the $150 billion?
Wait, wrong country,

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Bolton is a war hawk, not surprised by his stance.

It very well may be true, and if so that is unfortunate.

But yes, it does look like you are celebrating this not going through based off of thread history. As far as you painting this administration as war mongering, its been calmer than the previous two administrations in regards to military activity.... That said, there is room for improvement on that though.
edit on 8-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

So no bigly winning?

He sure don't win as much as his loving supporters claim

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Wait, wrong country,

Even if they don't play ball, we didn't give North Korea anything. All "deals" were contingent that they start their end first, then we follow suit.

I get not being with Trump on a host of issues, but why the resistance from so many on this one? The country as a whole literally has nothing to lose by seeing if this could happen. Tens of thousands of troops could come home, and the threat of war shadowing millions of people gone.

But God forbid Trump get a win on something like this.

The selfishness I see in this country is damn right shameful sometimes. I can't believe some people would rather this fall through than the planet putting a blight behind us.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Strategy working like a charm ✅

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

So no bigly winning?

He sure don't win as much as his loving supporters claim

Jesus Christ. There are plenty of issues to go after Trump for, and this one is not over yet just because notorious war hawk Bolton is airing out his panties on FauxNews.

I'm no Trump supporter, but can we at least all pick a few issues that we can all get behind?

Also, what is there to lose in this scenario?

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

That was my point.
We didn't give them anything.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Strategy working like a charm ✅

HAHA what strategy bro??? The strategy of trying to come to terms with a state that is owned by Russia and China. That will never work dude. Why would you even say such a dumb thing?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Nothing to lose and if they play ball thats great.

I'm at the point now where I am just enjoying you all talk in circles.

When he announced they were gonna do it the pro trump crowd sure did about from the rooftops about the winning.
Winning that has not yet happened and who knows if it will.

For the country I want him to succeed. For my amusement I want to see his lovers support, defend and deflect no matter what.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Wait, wrong country,

What? You mean Iran's $150 billion? What makes us entitled to another country's assets?

Bring up your deflection game Blunt.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

That was my point.
We didn't give them anything.

Right, I know you were eluding to Iran, which has mixed reviews on long term success of that deal. At the end of the day I would call it a band-aid, though it does buy time and could set the stage for something with more permanent results.

Not like North Korea is all negative as it's being painted to be. Which is dangerous when people only show the negative. It's also funny that people from the left would give any credence to the likes of effing Bolton. He's one of the most disgusting players in politics IMO.

Oh, and not that it matters to anyone already convicted on desired outcome....

Report: More demolition seen at North Korean rocket launching site.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
OP trust the plan, that’s what I have been told countless times by people on this site when it comes to President Trump

Looks like his plan is to get himself impeached, and destroying the TRUMP brand name in the process

Now a new trade war with China as well

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You gotta drink the Kool-aid to get the special Trumpsy glasses:

It gives you a different world view. Great for watching 3D movies too.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I bet it infuriates you that trump has done more in 1 1/2 years than Obama did in 8.

link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I'm at the point now where I am just enjoying you all talk in circles.

When he announced they were gonna do it the pro trump crowd sure did about from the rooftops about the winning. Winning that has not yet happened and who knows if it will.

"You all talk in circles?" In a reply to me?

Just because I take stances issue by issue doesn't put me on either side in any given situation.

For the country I want him to succeed.

Sounds great until....

For my amusement I want to see his lovers support, defend and deflect no matter what.

And altruism out the window. Your partisanship (even if it's only anti Trump) is just as counterproductive for the country as the Trump cultists.

link   

I'm no Trump supporter,

You and everybody else apparently.

link   

originally posted by: avgguy

I bet it infuriates you that trump has done more in 1 1/2 years than Obama did in 8.

Yeh he likes his golf

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

originally posted by: avgguy

Yeh he likes his golf

Can't debate that one. It looks extra foolish considering he was always commenting on Obama's golf trip, then he takes more.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

I'm no Trump supporter,

You and everybody else apparently.

My post history speaks for it self. You wouldn't have to look any further than the thread you made on Session's and the Religious task force (can't remember the exact wording of the title).... I defended the point you made in OP more than you did on that one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join