It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overunity is real, repeatable and peer reviewed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Now this is interesting...

Many people have claimed this is impossible.

Project Aim: to verify the existence of new exothermic reaction between nano-metals and hydrogen which will be applicable for future new clean energy source, and to study the controllability of generated thermal energy. In the following, brief summary of implementation and results by MHE-group Japan is described in designated R&D issues for two years project period of 2015 October to 2017 October.

It will be interesting to see if this can be scaled up and be put in some use.

Full Article

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

This has nothing to do with overunity, just more cold fusion aka low energy nuclear reaction aka condensed matter nuclear reaction claims.

I wouldn't get too excited until there is credible independent replication.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Except that they are making this sound like it's actually doing something.

Enough heat to warm a cup of tea. Sounds like it won't be powering cities any time soon.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

From the article

. Our progress in this MHE project seems going much ahead in the world. Foreseeing the industrial applicability, road–map study was made by our joint–team to draw the realization of industrial devices in 5–10 years later. Direct usage devices of excess heat for warming EV cars and family rooms as well as electric power devices with thermos–electric conversion systems are looked for realization in 10-20 years later.

It appears from the previous paragraph I didn’t quote this has been replicated overseas as the Japanese put it, but they are making the most progress.

Could be worth seeing how this progresses.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
a reply to: EartOccupant

This has nothing to do with overunity, just more cold fusion aka low energy nuclear reaction aka condensed matter nuclear reaction claims.

I wouldn't get too excited until there is credible independent replication.
Overunity is meaningless, since it can apply to batteries which can provide energy output with no energy input from external sources. When you consider the stored chemical energy then the batteries are no longer overunity.

If LENR is just an alternate to chemical storage then the energy is just stored somehow, maybe not exactly like a battery but the science on exactly how the energy is stored so far has seemed to be incomplete with regard to LENR. Until that science is understood we can't really say if it's truly "overunity" or not but it's most likely not.

Battery

A battery converts chemical energy into electrical energy by a chemical reaction...

The chemical reactions that occur in a battery are exothermic reactions. This type of reaction makes heat. For example, if you leave your laptop on for a long time, and then touch the battery, it will be warm or hot.
If it's real and repeatable, I suspect that it's just a conversion of some type of stored energy as with batteries, but in a process perhaps not understood as well as batteries are understood (or could it just be a new type of battery?). I have yet to see why I should be more excited about this than I am about batteries. Don't get me wrong, I find batteries useful, but they aren't the solution to the energy crisis, and so far I've seen no signs that LENR is either.

join