It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Council powerless to remove Trump star from Walk of Fame

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well here is another little tidbit that will more than likely make the lefties throw a hissy-fit.

WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (AP) — The West Hollywood City Council is powerless to remove President Donald Trump's star from the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Trumps star is going to stay.

I seen this story posted the other day about the city council voting to remove Trumps star.

I was glad to hear that is not going to happen.
AP link

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Um, you forgot to include why it is...

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

That's too bad. Trump's star is surrounded by stars of rapists and predators. Maybe he can issue an E.O. and have the star moved to the White House sidewalk.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The Secret Service will have to assign a special detail to The Star now.

⚖🚬

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Um, you forgot to include why it is...

This is what they said :

the chamber has never removed a star because it's considered part of the walk's "historic fabric."

I think it's because they had time to cool down a bit and see the whole idea was just an stupid big mouth BS.
edit on 7-8-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I do have the ability to channel leftist thought.

Allow me to try. . . . . .

"Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". . . . .

Sorry.

That's all I got.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Well... the over-exciteable didn't accept that answer where Confederate monuments and historical commemorative statues were concerned, does anyone expect them to magically be adults, accept the word "no," and let this star issue drop? HA HA, HA HA HA, HA HA, HA! We're talking about people to whom "standards," "traditions," "rules," and the simplest of answers: "no, you're not getting your way" are as alien a concepts as personal responsibility and common sense. This issue will continue until someone's head rolls and the chamber buckles to the screeching minority.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Anyone can apply for their own star. It all begins with an application but there are rules, such as being famous for at least 5 years, be an expert in your field of entertainment (being a silver spoon businessman doesn’t count) and lastly this, which I find amusing, “Reality and Internet stars are notably excluded. As one Chamber rep famously said about Kim Kardashian, “She needs to get a real acting job then come to us.”

Trump got a star because he filled an application, pays the fees (which are 10k to 30k, don’t recall) and was the host of Apprentice. I mean, he did have a line Home Alone 2 and did some work with Playboy but I guess Hollywood don’t count that.

Wasn’t the Apprentice a reality show? I think it definitely is. Seems Hollywood’s own standards are nothing more than a house of lies!
edit on 8-8-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

That's too bad. Trump's star is surrounded by stars of rapists and predators. Maybe he can issue an E.O. and have the star moved to the White House sidewalk.

Sounds like he in just the right place then...

(now excuse me as I quickly run out of the room and hide)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Back in the old days, we used to call this...

pissing in the wind...

back in the day..

that was considered a bad move..

today?

I am not so sure....

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Anyone can apply for their own star.

There's a website for that.
www.star-registration.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: carewemust

Sounds like he in just the right place then...

(now excuse me as I quickly run out of the room and hide)

Why run and hide? Your feelings for our great President are already well-known.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Lol, he is in good company

Seriously though, trying to get him removed was a stupid idea.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Why, your kidding right I don't need any more head traumas or bullet holes.. Sheesh.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Of course there is but I bet Trump did it the old fashioned way with ink, paper, and a god damn stamp!

MURICA!

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Absolutely it was a stupid idea, however I find this whole drama somewhat morbidly entertaining.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's an ongoing, slow motion train wreck

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I'm glad they left it there.

That way some will have a way to vent by destroying it over and over again! Maybe they can charge people to have a go at it! At least that would pay for the repair each time. Probably would be very popular in Hollywood nowadays.
I can see the stars lining up now! Trump would brag his star is the most popular ever!

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Anyone can apply for their own star. It all begins with an application but there are rules, such as being famous for at least 5 years, be an expert in your field of entertainment (being a silver spoon businessman doesn’t count) and lastly this, which I find amusing, “Reality and Internet stars are notably excluded. As one Chamber rep famously said about Kim Kardashian, “She needs to get a real acting job then come to us.”

Trump got a star because he filled an application, pays the fees (which are 10k to 30k, don’t recall) and was the host of Apprentice. I mean, he did have a line Home Alone 2 and did some work with Playboy but I guess Hollywood don’t count that.

Wasn’t the Apprentice a reality show? I think it definitely is. Seems Hollywood’s own standards are nothing more than a house of lies!

I'm not claiming his work is fantastic, but he's had cameo appearances in 22 films as an actor, been a producer for 20 shows, and made over 300 appearances on TV (mostly interviews, but also normal TV shows and docos). That's probably more than a lot of other people with stars on the walk.

He's not a renowned actor by any stretch, but he's been part of the 'pop culture phenomenon' for three decades...

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
It probably qualifies as an "attractive nuisance" at this point. Repairs probably help keep someone in a job, though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join