It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Now Claim The Surviving of Our Democracy Relies on Banning More Sites

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: xuenchen

What do you expect from the party of "My right to not be offended is greater than your 1'st Amendment right, unless you get offended from being stalked and harassed while eating out, then my 1'st Amendment right is greater than your right to be offended." Or something like that. The Democratic party holds nothing for anyone anymore. The far left have taken it over and that is why a lot of us have left it. The Republican party isn't much better though.

Honestly, I don't expect those of you who have walked to automatically become Republicans. There are plenty of us who don't really like them all that much either, but the Libertarians seem to think the only thing that defines a libertarian is drug legalization so they don't have their act together and, as you say, the Democrats have jumped the Crazy Train.

You guys either need to take back your party or form a new one.

As much as I don't agree with left leaning ideas, they are a necessary part of the dialogue in this country, and we do need that dialogue. The constant REEEEEEE from certain quarters is close to destroying the reason why the 1st Amendment was put in place -- to make the marketplace of ideas rich and varied so the best ideas could come forward, no matter whose they were.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
So if you are ever in London visit Hyde Park's Speakers Corner (I assume it's still the same).

edit on 7-8-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

"The survival of our democracy..."
Jokes on him as we are a democratic republic.
Serioudly though, where do these people come from? It's like I'm on another planet now.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

You do realise the Republicans gave the democrats the ability to do this when trump picked the worse possible fcc head who came from the telecom lobbying industry.
many of us in the tech indutry tried to warn you.

I said it before that repealing net neutrality would come back and bite trump in the arse. Net neutrality allowed trump to win .and expose hillary for the worthless politician she was.

Imo trump was tricked by the neocons to repeal it and the political chearleaders were to blind to see the writing on the wall.

Since the republicans repealed inet neutrality it allows the agenda makers to legally block sites that goes against the narrative . Can you say this internet has been brought to you by cnn.

Republicans better wake up before next ellection and demand fcc head gets the boot and net neutrality is put back. Republicans were tricked by the neocon on repealing it just like with the bailouts.
edit on 51831America/ChicagoTue, 07 Aug 2018 22:51:33 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: carewemust
I was just looking at the Ohio Congressional Election Results as they come in. Repub and Dim are Neck-n-Neck.

www.nytimes.com...

How can so many people in Columbus, Ohio (Franklin County) be willing to not only give up their tax-cuts, but also pay MORE in taxes than they did before 2018? Have Russians poisoned the water supply of Columbus?

Drudge has a banner that claims Ohio has stayed red, but havent heard any cable news networks call it yet

Thanks. Looks like Drudge was accurate. In 3 months, they do it again, lol.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

For those who wonder what you are talking about, you should post the relevant rules and show cause.

💥😎💥

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Sounds like something bad happened...almost disaster like! When will we notice?
edit on 8/7/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

For those who wonder what you are talking about, you should post the relevant rules and show cause.

💥😎💥

Net neutrality is what prevented the globalist , democrats , and everyone from blocking sites or giving special treatment to certain sites.

This will not stop with blocking content inside social media like they just did with infowar. Next up will be blocking complete websites that go against the narrative such as infowar.com

So now when you go to social media there will be no infowar , only stories on how great hillary is.

However in the near future when you say fu facebook im going directly to infowar.com for my news, it wont work because legally they can slow down infowar.com traffic to make it unusable since net neutrality was repealed.

Long story short when the neocon repub tricked the republicans to repeal net neutrality they shot themselves in the foot,

edit on 26831America/ChicagoTue, 07 Aug 2018 23:26:29 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There are plenty of us who don't really like them all that much either, but the Libertarians seem to think the only thing that defines a libertarian is drug legalization so they don't have their act together and, as you say, the Democrats have jumped the Crazy Train.

There are only two political sides that actually had a chance to win. Since the Democrats jumped the "Crazy Train", as you call it, I had no choice, or the Democrats would have won. So now I am a Trump supporter.

You guys either need to take back your party or form a new one.

It is too late. The Democrat Party is being lead by the Far Left. They have lost all sense of reasoning. The hijacked the party, just as they claim Trump hijacked the election.

As much as I don't agree with left leaning ideas, they are a necessary part of the dialogue in this country, and we do need that dialogue. The constant REEEEEEE from certain quarters is close to destroying the reason why the 1st Amendment was put in place -- to make the marketplace of ideas rich and varied so the best ideas could come forward, no matter whose they were.

That sound of REEEEE that you allude to is the sound of a dying animal. An animal that became diseased by the food it chose to eat.

I hope that explains my position a little better.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Sounds like something bad happened...almost disaster like! When will we notice?

When its to late but the ball appears to be rolling for next election.

From the article democrats /globalist are calling to block conservative websites from social media. You think they will stop there? Next up in banning will be websites . Repealing net neutrality allows them to do it.

If net neutrality was in place they would not be legally allowed to block any site including conservative sites.

edit on 40831America/ChicagoTue, 07 Aug 2018 23:40:05 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Twitter CEO explains why his platform is keeping ALEX JONES/Info-Wars.
money.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Twitter had better, since I dont even have to check to know that #killallmen & #killallwhitemen are still active.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

...and if censorship, in the name of protecting us, of course, happens--would we even know about that?? Save as an entry in the Congressional Record?

I wonder.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: tinner07

...and if censorship, in the name of protecting us, of course, happens--would we even know about that?? Save as an entry in the Congressional Record?

Problem Solved: CENSOR the Congressional "Record".

edit on 8-8-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
Next will be, for democracy to survive you must give us 100% of your money. you know, for the good of the people.

Bernie still has a chance. I've just committed 2 months rent to the cause, match me!

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

Let me correct the title for you Mr Limo:

A member of the Democratic Party Claim The Surviving of Our Democracy Relies on Banning More Sites.

How many people tweeted responses that agreed to that tweet? More than one? Yeah that make it plural.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
If this democracy can't survive without censorship then please let it die.

Correction, this republic. Let's see if we can keep it.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: mekhanics

Let me correct the title for you:

A member of the Democratic Party Claim The Surviving of Our Democracy Relies on Banning More Sites.

Yeah you just hit the whole nail on the head with most things these days.

One guy or one person does something and we instantly lump his whole demographic with them. Really weird in my opinion.

Where in the OP does it say ALL Democrats?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

UMMM I am 99% sure he does not speak for the party. But continue spreading propaganda. Those that take what you say as truth are stupid, others that question it are smart.

Where in the OP does he say that this tweet or this guy speaks for all Democrats?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: ausername

Yes, thank you. From your link -

Chris Murphy, D-Conn., is calling on other tech companies to ban more sites like InfoWars, and says the survival of American democracy depends on it.

“Infowars is the tip of a giant iceberg of hate and lies that uses sites like Facebook and YouTube to tear our nation apart. These companies must do more than take down one website. The survival of our democracy depends on it,” Murphy tweeted Monday.

He was referring to the liars and hoaxers, like Jones, and the Russian cyber hoaxers.

When people form opinions and cast their votes based on lies and hoaxes, it does interfere with our democracy, and creates further division among us. Case in point, the Russians have interfered with our democracy in 2016 and continue to do so.

I think we should all agree that it should stop, no matter which direction they want to take us, we must maintain our own direction.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Now, I'd LOVE to hear your proposal.

Explain it to us. Dazzle us with your intellect. Explain it to us.

Oh, and PLEASE be specific...

It's ok. We'll wait...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join