It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Now Claim The Surviving of Our Democracy Relies on Banning More Sites

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
So right after the Alex Jones takedowns, a U.S. Senator from Connecticut named Chris Murphy says our Democracy depends on taking down all websites that apparently don't "agree" with the Progressive/LeftWing/Democrat agenda !!!! 😃

Zi Denocrati Parti is flipping out bigtime as more and more exposures keep getting exposed and confirmed.

The "Parti" is on a major onslaught against anything not aligned with "their systems".

Very dangerous when cornered and exposed.

Be extra careful who YOU vote for this November, and be careful who you tell about who YOU voted for !!

The bitterness and extreme jealousy of Democrats is beyond anything the U.S. has ever seen before 👁‍🗨🤪

Democrats Now Claim The Surviving of “Our Democracy” Relies on Banning More Sites
After Alex Jones’ website was banned on Monday via a coordinated action from YouTube, Facebook and other platforms, Democrats are now calling for even more censorship. Shocking, who would’ve thought, right? Senator Chris Murphy, a Democrat from Connecticut, is looking to impose chicom style internet censorship over websites who incidentally are not agreeing with his party’s political platform. Again, very shocking indeed.

This is what the modern Democratic party has to offer to its constituency, after losing a presidential election and looking ahead for the 2018 midterms: Chinese styled censorship.
Murphy's Tweet

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Lets shut the internet down and get rid of cell phones and I will be fine with it..

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
What is going to sink our democracy is the tribalism behavior running rampant on social media and in our political parties - particularly on the left. It is the barbarian invasions of our time.

The biggest lie ever told is that truth comes from a place of power. You cannot serve both truth and power. It doesn't matter from what angle you look at it, everyone is spinning their own fictions. If you're looking for truth from your politics then your eyes are going to rot out of your skull.
edit on 7-8-2018 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Its not about left wing agendas. Jones is a psychopath. I used to follow him. Watched his documentaries/expose. He went crazy loon and he foments incorrect thinking..thats right i said he foments bad thinking processes. I think its good he go get some treatment for mania. Hey i have family thats similar i have to deal with on that level. If we get along instead of playing party politics we would get more done. But the children will play.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Let me correct the title for you Mr Limo:

A member of the Democratic Party Claim The Surviving of Our Democracy Relies on Banning More Sites.

edit on 7-8-2018 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If this democracy can't survive without censorship then please let it die.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

Let me correct the title for you:

A member of the Democratic Party Claim The Surviving of Our Democracy Relies on Banning More Sites.

Yeah you just hit the whole nail on the head with most things these days.

One guy or one person does something and we instantly lump his whole demographic with them. Really weird in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
If this democracy can't survive without censorship then please let it die.

logic..reason...exploding.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

UMMM I am 99% sure he does not speak for the party. But continue spreading propaganda. Those that take what you say as truth are stupid, others that question it are smart.

+25 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Translation for the underinformed...

The democratic party can't survive without censoring all major opposition websites and media.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

Its not about left wing agendas. Jones is a psychopath. I used to follow him

Afraid the psychosis might rub off?

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside
Its not about left wing agendas. Jones is a psychopath. I used to follow him. Watched his documentaries/expose. He went crazy loon and he foments incorrect thinking..thats right i said he foments bad thinking processes. I think its good he go get some treatment for mania. Hey i have family thats similar i have to deal with on that level. If we get along instead of playing party politics we would get more done. But the children will play.

It IS about left wing agendas, actually.

Jones is a loon, but should be able to speak. Let's shut his voice down, because he is vehemently against the left.

THEN let's shut down the voices of the people that are slightly less loony, but still they are criticizing the left.

THEN let's shut down the remaining people that criticize the left.

People that do that think a certain way, they have a certain ideology.

The ones that use government and the media to shut down dissenting voices.

Hint.. it rhythms with Stalin.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Love it! More evidence of desperation as their ship sinks.

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

What do you expect from the party of "My right to not be offended is greater than your 1'st Amendment right, unless you get offended from being stalked and harassed while eating out, then my 1'st Amendment right is greater than your right to be offended." Or something like that. The Democratic party holds nothing for anyone anymore. The far left have taken it over and that is why a lot of us have left it. The Republican party isn't much better though.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

UMMM I am 99% sure he does not speak for the party. But continue spreading propaganda. Those that take what you say as truth are stupid, others that question it are smart.

So this isnt par for the course?

Youtube etc isnt marching to the drummer of the DNC's SJWFRONT???

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
There's more..

A leaked memo circulating among Senate Democrats contains a host of bonkers authoritarian proposals for regulating digital platforms, purportedly as a way to get tough on Russian bots and fake news.

To save American trust in "our institutions, democracy, free press, and markets," it suggests, we need unprecedented and undemocratic government intervention into online press and markets, including "comprehensive (GDPR-like) data protection legislation" of the sort enacted in the E.U.

Titled "Potential Policy Proposals for Regulation of Social Media and Technology Firms," the draft policy paper - penned by Sen. Mark Warner and leaked by an unknown source to Axios - the paper starts out by noting that Russians have long spread disinformation, including when "the Soviets tried to spread 'fake news' denigrating Martin Luther King" (here he fails to mention that the Americans in charge at the time did the same). But NOW IT'S DIFFERENT, because technology.

www.zerohedge.com...

It never ends... Dems and the GOP alike.

"Today's tools seem almost built for Russian disinformation techniques," Warner opines. And the ones to come, he assures us, will be even worse.

Here's how Warner is suggesting we deal:

○ Mandatory location verification. The paper suggests forcing social media platforms to authenticate and disclose the geographic origin of all user accounts or posts.

○ Mandatory identity verification: The paper suggests forcing social media and tech platforms to authenticate user identities and only allow "authentic" accounts ("inauthentic accounts not only pose threats to our democratic process...but undermine the integrity of digital markets"), with "failure to appropriately address inauthentic account activity" punishable as "a violation of both SEC disclosure rules and/or Section 5 of the [Federal Trade Commission] Act."

○ Bot labeling: Warner's paper suggests forcing companies to somehow label bots or be penalized (no word from Warner on how this is remotely feasible)

○ Define popular tech as "essential facilities." These would be subject to all sorts of heightened rules and controls, says the paper, offering Google Maps as an example of the kinds of apps or platforms that might count. "The law would not mandate that a dominant provider offer the serve for free," writes Warner. "Rather, it would be required to offer it on reasonable and non-discriminatory terms" provided by the government.

Why don't they just go over to the NSA and knock on the door and ask for a hand? Or why even bother?

Other proposals include more disclosure requirements for online political speech, more spending to counter supposed cybersecurity threats, more funding for the Federal Trade Commission, a requirement that companies' algorithms can be audited by the feds (and this data shared with universities and others), and a requirement of "interoperability between dominant platforms."

Heavily redacted I'm sure.

The paper also suggests making it a rule that tech platforms above a certain size must turn over internal data and processes to "independent public interest researchers" so they can identify potential "public health/addiction effects, anti-competitive behavior, radicalization," scams, "user propagated misinformation," and harassment - data that could be used to "inform actions by regulators or Congress."

You'll find that most of our rights go bye bye under the health and welfare clause of state constitutions. This proposal is rife with the same tactics.

And - of course - these include further revisions to Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, recently amended by Congress to exclude protections for prostitution-related content. A revision to Section 230 could provide the ability for users to demand takedowns of certain sorts of content and hold platforms liable if they don't abide, it says, while admitting that "attempting to distinguish between true disinformation and legitimate satire could prove difficult."

As if that takes any of this off the table. These ideas aren't merely liberal based. There are cross isle deals struck all the time to the benefit of legislative authors and their backers; the people be damned.

Think = term limits people!! Think = THIRD PARTY candidates!!!

If you've had enough already, then yes, be VERY careful who you vote for in November!

edit on E31America/ChicagoTue, 07 Aug 2018 20:39:37 -05008pmTuesdayth08pm by EternalShadow because: edit

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I think if we shut down Twitter we would not know what our govt is doing.

The funniest part is on this site is if somebody posts a factual thread that has facts that paint trump in a bad light light , they are ridiculed ....Yet you get to do these threads Scot free...

Tells a lot about trump supporters here actually.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

What do you expect from the party of "My right to not be offended is greater than your 1'st Amendment right, unless you get offended from being stalked and harassed while eating out, then my 1'st Amendment right is greater than your right to be offended." Or something like that. The Democratic party holds nothing for anyone anymore. The far left have taken it over and that is why a lot of us have left it. The Republican party isn't much better though.

WTF are you even talking about? Try coming out to a union construction site and spew that crap.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

So this isnt par for the course?

Youtube etc isnt marching to the drummer of the DNC's SJWFRONT???

YouTube is a business. They have the right to decide who to do business with and how to run it. Besides. There are tons of YouTubers who push similar or worse crap than Aj and who's profiles haven't nor will be taken down.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Next will be, for democracy to survive you must give us 100% of your money. you know, for the good of the people.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join