It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bush acknowledges his low popularity ratings in Europe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
About as hard as it would be to see those thousands that are rallying with those "pro-Bush" signs, too, huh, dgtempe?

Would that fall under "News you won't see or hear about on CNN, MSNBC, BBC, CBS, NBC, ATSNN, etc."?

seekerof
[edit on 22-2-2005 by Seekerof]

Seekerof you wouldn't happen to have a link to some of these pro-Bush supporters in Europe, I only did a short limited search of (pro-Bush signs Europe) with ask jeeves and came up with zip / nada, and left it at that.

[edit on 22/2/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm not exactly sure where you get an anti-bush sentiment from those pictures, dgtempe. I mean, they are all lined up especially for him........

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The pictures are cute. You have to wonder with all of thier anti US / anti Bush protesting, shall we ask say you average Algerian what they think of France?

ANti Bush, there were afew that seemd anti American in general. The one with the bombings of other countries was quite cute. Funny Europe tends to put aside thier brutal colonial period all the time eh?

[edit on 2/22/05 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Memoryshock...are you serious? In fact there are worse, but i wont post them here due to the profanity in English.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
'Twas sarcasm to highlight the absurdity of any pro-bush sentiment in Europe.......I should have added one of these at the end

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Seekerof you wouldn't happen to have a link to some of these pro-Bush supporters in Europe, I only did a short limited search of (pro-Bush signs Europe) with ask jeeves and came up with zip / nada, and left it at that.

Either Jeeves is not working for you or you aren't looking hard enough?
Remember that soficrow has been pushing her topic thread on how mainstream news is moving to the Internet? Bloggers count?

Anyone foolish enough to believe that in all those millions living in Europe and that there is no pro-American (equating to pro-Bush) sentiments needs to wipe their eyes and re-focus?

Bush will be in Germany on the 23rd.
As such, these might help where Jeeves failed?
Pro-American rally in Germany
Demonstration Information: Mainz Südbahnhof February 23
Deutsche Blogger rufen zur Pro-Bush-Demo auf!

You need anymore, let me know before you try Jeeves again, k?

seekerof

[edit on 22-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Right on Seekerof I have to give you credit you found one picture from a web page written in German.
Looks photoshoped to me

J/K

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I did tried to search for articles on bush welcoming to Europe by the people but we such a fantastic engine search I have I could not find any.

At least Seekerof here got one. I kind of like dg's better.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by Bout Time
Helluva an investment strategy; I mean, hey, they only are the end point employer for most Americans AND the soon to be near future crowned #1 World Economic Super Power......yeah...we don't neeed them!

What exactly are you basing this on? No doubt the EU has certain compedative advantages and protectionist policies, but their economy will never be able to fairly compete given their ultra high labor costs etc. The 35 payed for 40 work weeks is just such a problem. The EU no doubt is an economic force to be reconed with but its far from a world beater.

The EU added countries ( former Soviet Bloc) and is now up to 25. They are at about 600 million people to our 280 or 290 million. Those countries are ripe areas of expansion, due to their extremely low labor costs, continental proximity and uniform monetary standard. Relative to the EU vs. US GDP, can we come close to reaping that sort of domestic labor market? Maybe if we annex Mexico!

Also, the EU has an out for their worker centric employment policies...US AFFILIATES. Meaning, during the M&A boom of the late '90's where Euro companies accquired US companies like crazy ( British Petroleum bought Amoco, Vodafone snagged Airtouch Communications, Daimler bought Chrysler( they're making some sweet rides now! ), Random House is a sub of Bertelsmann, Ahold acquired Giant Foods and many other U.S. grocers, Bankers Trust was copped by Deutsche Bank as one of many U.S. financial firms swallowed by their European counterparts), they also accquired the ability to easily downsize payrolls in order to manipulate bottom lines. Those EU owned American companies account for something like $3 to $5 Trillion per year.
The EU accounts for somewhere between 60% to 70% of the foreign direct investment in the US.

Fred, the EU does not have to be a world beater, they're in a position of being economic Kudzu in America.
Most of my opinions come from being directly involved with certain companies, but I read & try to interpret what the Center for Transatlantic Relations ( out of Johns Hopkins) puts out. That & the typical stuff.

MWM: The UK is kind of scary, in my opinion. Their leadership has engendered some sever anti-American sentiment in the populace because of "poodle policies". Politics is a popularity contest........ if the UK joins the European Monetary Union? Since spite & feeding pop opinion being a drive in all of history's decisions? WOW!

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Heres the thing bout, Based on population the EU should already be stronger economically than we are. They arent becuase quite simply, ther economic policies are for #e, as they say.
Personnal taxes are so high that it inhibits consumer spending, on top of that EU consumers have to pay a double digit VAT on every single purchase, which further inhibits consumer spending. Corporate taxes are also substansially higher, while at the same time benefits extended to workers are hgher even though EU workers are less productive thn US workers. Yes the new member states will bring cheap labor, for a time, however it wont take very long for labor in those countries to rech the same levels as the rest of the EU, at which point the EU is right back where it started. Hell even research and devolpment firms in germany leaving the country, remember when germany had some of the best R&D firms in the world?
Could the EU be competitive economically? Of course buyt in order to do so it would have to revamp its entire system, a move which they seem singularly unwilling to make.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Text on Signs in Germany booing Bush:Reuters

"No. 1 Terrorist"

"Warmonger"

"You can bomb the world to pieces but not into peace."

"We don't need no cowboys."

And the best as only Germans can do.......

"We had our Hitler, now you have yours."

Ouch!!

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Geez, I wonder why there are anti-US sentiments all over the world. Hey, there are anti US sentiments in UK too.

Could it be US's neo-imperialism and neo-nazi culture? Could it be because it's scaring it's people into giving up their rights? Could it be because of it's wars for oil and their disregard for the world(unilateralism) Or maybe because some people have been "stupid" enough to reelect a dicator - not my words, the words of a UK newspaper.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Heres the thing bout, Based on population the EU should already be stronger economically than we are. They arent becuase quite simply, ther economic policies are for #e, as they say.

First, I can't believe they bleeped "s h i t e" !

I hear you, and we've been kept afloat by the "too many cooks spoil the broth" realities. But, that pop discrepency will hit a critical mass stage before Ivan & Katarina can get to French standards, they've got the "out" of downsize via US affiliates and some sort of variance on the Lisbon strategy will come into fruition. It's a blueprint that won't go away, even though the name & implemantation schedule will change.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join