It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court Orders DOJ to Preserve Comey Personal Email

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The DOJ and the FBI have been fighting the "preservation" of emails generated by James Comey while he was (and maybe after he was) the FBI Director.

James had his own little private email accounts outside the .gov stuff.

Now Judicial Watch has won a court order that says they (DOJ and FBI) must preserve and produce those emails !! 😃

A dose of medicine properly administered.

Ironic isn't it (aka Hillary emails and Comey's "protection" attempts) 😎

Things backfiring all over the place since Trump won the 2016 election 💥😃💥

Judicial Watch: Court Orders DOJ to Preserve Comey Personal Email

Judicial Watch announced today that a federal court ordered the Department of Justice to preserve federal records located in the personal email accounts of fired FBI Director James Comey. Judicial Watch and Daily Caller News Foundation (DCNF) had filed a motion asking the court to issue an order for preservation that was opposed by the Justice Department and FBI.

In the motion, Judicial Watch argued that “there is reason to be concerned that the responsive records could be lost or destroyed.” Judicial Watch pointed out that in June 2018, the DOJ’s Inspector General stated, “We identified numerous instances in which Comey used a personal email account (a Gmail account) to conduct FBI business.” The Justice Department, in response to Judicial Watch’s concerns, sent Mr. Comey a letter asking him to preserve records but refused to make the letter available and opposed a preservation order.

In granting the motion for a preservation order, the court ruled:

[T]he Court will allow [the DOJ] until September 28, 2018 to complete its review and release of any responsive, non-exempt records to Plaintiffs. That being said, [the DOJ] is also ORDERED to make rolling productions between today and September 28, 2018, at reasonable intervals, of any records that are reviewed and found to be responsive and non-exempt.

"Q" the music and violins

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I fear that Comey likely deleted anything incriminating from his personal accounts. He knew this was coming.

They should also request the emails of his friend who was leaking on his behalf.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
We have two justice systems here, one for the Deep State people and the other for the rest of us....

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I fear that Comey likely deleted anything incriminating from his personal accounts. He knew this was coming.

They should also request the emails of his friend who was leaking on his behalf.

he would need access to the servers and I'm assuming that there is a formal process for the IT personal when fulfilling such a request

also I bet money on it that every attempted login/ login and other session information is logged on another server
edit on 7-8-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

he would need access to the servers and I'm assuming that there is a formal process for the IT personal when fulfilling such a request

also I bet money on it that every attempted login/ login and other session information is logged on another server

The OP stated he used a GMail account.

So that should be easy enough to subpoena the contents of and him deleting emails from the account won't matter. Anything deleted is still there.

Of course it's Google, so they may just say they lost them, considering their political leanings as a company...

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I'm also thinking the DOJ already deleted those e-mails. Only stupid Hillary waits until records are asked for, before destroying them.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I'm also thinking the DOJ already deleted those e-mails. Only stupid Hillary waits until records are asked for, before destroying them.

It was personal account(s). One is stated to be a GMail account.

GMail is owned by Google... the DOJ does not host GMail on their servers and would not have access to wipe the account. Any emails you delete on GMail are still on the account log.

edit on 7-8-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

True but those guys would have to be honest.

Do we believe they will protect the elite scum every time in this conspiracy? The track record say, oh HELL yes.

In chemistry we learned that with the milk there is cream and what rides to the top with it is skimmed off and known as SCUM. We have some skimming to do that is getting harder to do when they stir up the cream before they skim it. The "fox is guarding the hen house" in very high places.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Google apparently permanently deletes trashed emails within 60 days, or so they say.

Does "Delete forever" in Gmail really mean it?

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
oh Google, great should be easier

Google should have a really good explanation as to why one of their admin's would go out of their way to specifically delete Comey's passwords I'm sure

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

oh just read that, interesting... Google has data is doesn't save... weird

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Google apparently permanently deletes trashed emails within 60 days, or so they say.

Does "Delete forever" in Gmail really mean it?

Yet when my lawyer got a subpoena for my x-husband's GMail and Hotmail accounts, all the incriminating stuff back through the years that had been deleted as he went were there. What idiot deals drugs on their email account?

Maybe they have changed that since then... I was only speaking from personal experience and that was awhile ago.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

rofl...

new topics

top topics

join