It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fuel tank falls off a HH-60H Sea Hawk. Sadly kills one sailor and injures another!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
A grounded Seahawk had a terrible accident on July 30th when an external fuel tank fell from its pylon and injured one sailor and killing another. The sailor that passed away whilst at the hospital. The Navy has only just released the information and our still investigating.

The incident happened during an exercise called 'Hotseat.' Hotseating, for those who don't know, is to launch and execute missions before the helicopter is shut down.

The helicopter is to believed, to have belonged to the Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 85 based in San Diego and it happened at NAS North Island California

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It's a really sad accident and I feel for his family and friends. The cause might be what I photographed on other investigations involving dropped tanks and pylons. Failure of maintenance to install and torque bolts correctly resulting in catastrophic failure. There are other causes but this one is a common one and has resulted in fatalities and injuries before. My best,

join