It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

43% of Republicans say Trump should be allowed to shut down media

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That's where it's heading. I'm already tracking this. Trust me, I won't be crying.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Conservatives love to protect the second amendment. They declare everyone a communist who wants a government to be more sympathetic and understanding to the needs of its citizens. Instead they prefer a government who favors corporate, foreign and self-serving interests. Now they rally behind the idea of shutting down the news media and support a state controlled media! Nothing like ignoring the constitutional right of a free press. So who's really pushing communism here?

Sometimes I wonder how some Americans can be completely ignorant about our constitution and the basic values and beliefs America was founded on.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons Your obnoxious liberal attitude is showing. Let me know when liberals actually stand for freedom in any way. I won't be holding my breath.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

While these 43% of GOP are thinking of doing it, the 100% of DNC ARE doing it.

Democrats in Apple, Facebook and Twitter closed Alex Jones accounts.

So much for that 1st Amendment....

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
People such as the president could grow up and just set the record straight with fact if what that media said is untrue. But then the President doesn't have the best of records when it come to stating fact.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Who says apple facebook and twitter are democrats? Furthermore even if they are democrats they are only 3 conpanies not 100 percent of democrats. You are way off.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Let me know when liberals actually stand for freedom in any way

Freedom to not live under religion, freedom to not have to be married, freedom to have workers rights, freedom to have clean air and water, freedom of philosophy, freedom to have children or not, freedom from predatory business, freedom to have unions, most democratic positions are about freedom.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

edit on 7-8-2018 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Those are things pretty much everyone believes in. Also mostly bs talking points that are used for politics and never mean anything.

You have all of those freedoms now, but why supress other freedoms?
edit on 7-8-2018 by trustmeimdoctor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I may not watch the news but I do read a few articles and headlines every morning so that I know what's going on in the world.

You may be getting a very bias viewpoint of what is really going on in the world. I think the media is being used as a tool to spread lies for the purposes of their political agendas. It happens all over the world.

Do I think they should be shut down ? No. But I do think they should be held accountable for misleading the public with mistruths for the sake of their agendas.News is supposed to be based on facts, and when they knowingly put out false info, and don’t dig deep enough for truth, they should be sued ,in my opinion.

The Media also tends to overlook some very important stories due to their bias, and the pushing of their own narratives
. That’s not news... that’s political manipulation and I’m sick of it.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Obama must be kinking him self,
why did he not thimk of this.

A great way to braine wash the people
by taking over the press totaly!

we can now see what trump is!

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I sure hope all the people arguing with me about Alex Jones getting kicked off of Apple and Facebook will be here shortly to condemn these Republicans for supporting government led censoring of the media.

You know they will, then what? Alex Jones has still been purged, and other conservatives including those running for office continue to get shadowbanned.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Might want to look at the left’s obsession with equal air time mandates, and obsession with the start of having the power to label what is fake mews.....

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

Great turn out for my threads.... as usual. 43%, such a concern ya know. What do you have to say to your fellow Republicans?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: rollanotherone

Great turn out for my threads.... as usual. 43%, such a concern ya know. What do you have to say to your fellow Republicans?

What do you got to say about Democrats in office wanting to silence conservative radio with equal time broadcast mandates? Or the liberal media wanting to dictate what is “fake” news?

www.cnsnews.com...

CNSNews.com) - Democrats in Congress are pushing for legislation that they say would bring more balance to the media, but critics say would muzzle conservative voices.

The Fairness Doctrine, a federal regulation requiring broadcasters to present both sides of a controversial issue, was enforced by the Federal Communications Commission from 1949 to 1987, when it was dropped during the Reagan administration.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Or, how about this opening post for a thread on ATS?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So right after the Alex Jones takedowns, a U.S. Senator from Connecticut named Chris Murphy says our Democracy depends on taking down all websites that apparently don't "agree" with the Progressive/LeftWing/Democrat agenda

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

What's wrong with the Fairness Doctrine and reporters being forced to report both sides of a story? Sounds like a good idea to me.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Oh is Senator Murphy 43% of the Democratic party? Boy he must be a fatty.

And no, the thread is right wing tripe as usual.

As you were.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: trustmeimdoctor

...and your ignorant support for a president who doesn't represent American values and basic constitutional rights shows you've been brain washed by a childish, narcissistic, immoral and bigoted leader. Seems like you're more comfortable with a dictator style leader who praises tyrannical adversaries rather than defends the U.S. (an oath he took before taking office).

Liberal attitude? As a registered independent I vote both ways. Unfortunately, seeing that republicans would rather support party over American values has me siding with liberals when it comes to a leader who has time and time again has shown his bigotry, and dictating tendencies.

I have to agree with much of the "fake news" when they have proven time and time again how mentally unstable Trump really is. You have to be blind and completely party biased when day after day the "fake news" has proven their case with numerous video recordings showing Trump's contradictions on issues, lies, bigotry, treasonous statements, immoral behavior, narcissistic personality, unprecedented cabinet firings, ignoring his own swamp and the list goes on and on.

It's rather sad to think republicans can simply ignore these dangerous traits which is continually dividing this country. Your personal attack on me thinking I'm a liberal just because I'm pointing out facts about this president is proof of this. Democrats and Republicans are supposed to work together for the benefit of the country. Instead this president comes out everyday attacking democrats instead of working together to find common ground. The statement about America has never rung more true than it does today... "United we Stand, Divided we Fall."

Oh, and the poster child for being "obnoxious" is hands down Trump. Your conservative attitude and chronic personal attacks on posters who find Trump dangerous for this country, reflect the same attitude I see in this forum everyday. Instead of attacking people who point out facts, maybe you should start recognizing and addressing these facts instead of making excuses and defending blatant lies by this president. "The Truth Hurts."

Shame on us if this is the type of Statesman and leader we want to represent America and the free world.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Protecting dangerous speech and propaganda which has proven to be lies is not protected under the 1st Amendment which was ruled on by the Supreme Court. Alex Jones is a loose cannon. Just the way he acts shows he has some major mental issues. Declaring Sandy Hook shooting as being staged clearly crossed the line. It's one thing to miss-quote someone, but to declare an extreme event as being a hoax when lives have been lost is nothing but dangerous propaganda. What's really sad is people believe this idiot.

The idea of falsely shouting "fire" in a crowded theater arose from the Supreme Court's 1919 decision in the case Schenck v. United States. The Court ruled unanimously that the First Amendment, though it protects freedom of expression, does not protect dangerous speech.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join