It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

43% of Republicans say Trump should be allowed to shut down media

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Particularly under the previous administration

What? What media company did Obama shut down? Are you crazy?

Republicans, however would gladly do it as this article proves, Trump supporters are definitely fascists, as if there were any doubt of that.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I like how this:

For the survey, a sample of roughly 1,003 adults age 18+ from the continental U.S., Alaska and Hawaii was interviewed online in English.

Can lead to a thread confidently called:

'43% of Republicans say Trump should be allowed to shut down media'

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

That's fair right?

That's far right?

So do you want everyone blind and toothless.

Well, "Eye for an eye and tooth for tooth" is figurative and symbolic, not a literal meaning. For each action one commits, and equal amount of accountability will be put on to them in return. That's what it means.

But if all blatant acts of retribution were punished by removing eyes and teeth, beginning with the company CEO's (the rich owners signing off on these acts of censoring the "other side"), that might scare the hell out of the rest to obey fairness ideals..

But I doubt it would really work.

Just look at them so far, they keep on exponentially becoming even more unfair and ridiculous by the day no matter what anyone does.

Physical punishment would be the only thing at this point that might work. Lawsuits and financial punishment wont do much at this point.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Or? You could just not listen?
The only "news" of value is what is happening around you. Not CNN telling you five people got knifed to death a thousand miles away, therefore AR 15 rifles should be banned! That's basically what CNN news is about and does. Fox is guilty of the same in some cases.
The only real "news" is the weather and sports. And that's only because EVERYONE'S watching.
News is, "A guy got hit in the crosswalk today on 5th and Main".
Not,.. "A guy got hit in the crosswalk by a Ford truck with a rifle rack and a vote Trump sticker! Police were called and the rifle rack caused them concern for public safety."... You only "hear" what they want you to hear anyway. Learn how to tune it out. If it ain't happening in rifle shot of you? It ain't "news".

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

So without the media how would you know whats happening around you?

You live in a world that's somewhat larger than just your own town, city and even nation.

Fact is you exist within a global community whether or not you care to recognize it or otherwise.

We exist in an information age, control of the media or the absence of the media and news is paramount to going backward, and for our respective societies that would equate to stagnation and ultimately their demise.

NEWS is like any other commodity, you use your noddle to sort out the wheat from the chaff, simple really.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
And the hits just keep coming...

This month, a new study was released analyzing Americans’ perception of the First Amendment, as well as their knowledge of what it entails. As many would expect, the results were bleak.

For example, 40 percent of those surveyed were unable to list any of the five freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment, while another 36 percent could list just one.

Wanting to know if millennials at an Ivy League School would fare better, I headed to Columbia University to talk with young people about their knowledge of the First Amendment.

Offering $20 to any person who could tell me the five freedoms guaranteed under the amendment (Speech, Religion, Assembly, Press, and Petition), it quickly became clear no one would be going home with the money.

“No, I have no idea,” said one student when asked if he could name any of the five, while another asked if “the right to bear arms” was found under the First Amendment.

One student, after failing to name more than one freedom listed, conceded, “now I feel like I need to go home and just read.”

Throughout the afternoon, the majority of the students were able to identify 1-2 freedoms guaranteed under the First Amendment, but no one was able to list more than three.

www.zerohedge.com...

Makes one feel downright ridiculous arguing for or against either parties indiscretions when our underlings could care less, apparently.

We're not screwed. THEY'RE screwed.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

It's not "fake news" Trump wants to be worrying about anyway, it's fake tan.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

ATS is a form of a news outlet. Many times here, people have been "boots on the ground" during riots and other nonsense, "reporting". Without a license.
It's best to know now, for your own sanity, to realize that any news, right or left. Gets blessed by the government before it's broadcast. News media outlets hold a license (permission) to broadcast. They exist by the good graces of them that issue the "license" and control the frequency waves.
Not because they have a "right" to speak freely. I'd love the Feds to pull all "news". People would have to be more social, civil and independent. More unified as it were.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

ATS is a form of a news outlet

Its really not....

At best we just talk about the news and sure sometimes we might have the occasional member who is at a riot or whatever "reporting" but its very rare and it doesn't really make ATS any kind of news outlet.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

You really think the gooberment can be trusted in any kind of manner? LoL

Governments and their administrations answer to bankers, corporations and big business, never mind the ultimate elephant in the room aka the military industrial complex.

Now those people care naught for your freedom and liberties and only the accumulation of profit and power.

Now i ask you, do you really trust those types to tell you how it is???

If so you must like sugar-coated #e and lies mate, because that's the only form of truth "They" are apt to provide us with.
edit on 7-8-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Somebody had to survive before we did to bring us to this "information age".
How is me hearing on CNN some Baker's constitutional rights was violated because he refused to "freely assemble" with people he didn't care to "assemble" with?
It's not news. It's propaganda.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Actually? I'm pretty sure I didn't say that. Read between the lines.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I get news from it. Lol!

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

And history has been manipulated through the ages, time and time again by the victors, seldom the vanquished before we entered into the information age in which we live.

Take the Bible for instance, there's some mad propaganda right there.

Is all propaganda pal, its just getting harder to manipulate down to an expansive collective perspective which could not exist without the media, news, free flow of information.

Fact.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Sewers flow freely also. But I wouldn't call it a river or go fishing in it. Fact!

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Just read mate, anything and everything you can get your hands on because it adds a form of perspective and woe the day that governments ever actually attain the ability to completely control the flow of information because that's an Orwellian nightmare which will only end in tears, your tears not there's.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Like i said wheat from the chaff.

If you fish for information you should probably pick the correct hole.

They are numerous but without the news and media few and far between im afraid.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Facebook and Twitter are private companies and can legally ban people from their platforms. Trump represents the government, and cannot shut down news organizations.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
OP post and run. Usual.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Around me? Like where? Chicago, who created their own problems? Not my problem. Europe, that let in the barbarians and are now trying to deal with it? Countries that are losing their own unique identifications for the "global good"? I'm well aware of the news around me. If I can see it, I can hit it. That's news.
How about the news "investigating" the Federal Reserve? How about the news investigating the IRS and how many families they've ruined? Things that actually effect the American people? Not just things they know would/will be contentious? That has really no bearing on liberty. Nobody cares about two women that think they're married. That's not news. That's social engineering and propaganda. If it was "news"? Every wedding would be at 5 and 10.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join