It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candace Owens & Charlie Kirk Harrassed at Breakfast

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You and I have been somewhat opposed regarding stances; you on the left, me just right😆 but I must agree. Particularly when the question almost immediately goes to funding.

Even if I believe there are dark forces moving our societies, please don't lead me by the nose!

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: TinySickTears

Keep excusing inexcusable behavior,

yeah
i didnt do that
so i guess keep lying

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Figured there would be some deflection claiming both sides do it. While I am sure we can find a video of some right wing nut at a political rally, I do think you'd be hard pressed to find conservative protesters targeting liberals trying to have breakfast or doing something nonpolitical. This type of behavior seems to be far more common on the left.

This is why I tend to avoid this #. There are 330 million people in this country and millions of us are hopped up on hyperpartisan tribalism. Everyone is walking around with smartphones, recording video and posting to YT/FB/Twitter/etc and the media is more than willing to foment division because people are addicted to it.

You have a perception of "this type of behavior" seeming to be "far more common on the left" because in your chosen bubble, a story like this is grade A propaganda and because it's easy to make *anything* seem like a alarming trend.

How many people eat out daily? There's somewhere around 250 million adults. Let's say 10% of them eat 1 meal out per day. That's 25 million meals served a day. Let's say you read stories about 4 conservatives having some sort of meal interruption in six week period: Scott Pruitt, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, these two. That's an incidence of 4 in (a tad over) 1 billion or 1 in 250 million (per 45 days).

Yet the narrative is that "conservatives" are being harassed en masse by "liberals" and right-wingers are then supposed to have an emotional response, take to social media and ask liberals how they can defend this horrible treatment of "conservatives" by "liberals."

I'm supposed to go to Raw Story and find examples of "conservatives" accosting people on public transportation and say, "Yea!? Well what about THIS!" and then we can all feel like "the other guys" are terrible human beings and their bad behavior makes our political opinions somehow more valid.

It's a stupid vicious cycle that is admittedly hard to resist. I'm in this thread wasting my time talking about it now when I could be doing just about anything else.

We might as well all hang out bearing our teeth, howling and throwing # at one another.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It reminds of the days leading up to the civil rights era. Targeting people because they "looked" different.

Another point of view:

This was a lot of things, but racist wasn’t one. In fact, once Owens and Kirk walked outside, ANTIFA began shouting “**** white supremacy,”

The rest of his piece is worth a read - if you're up for seeing this from a different perspective

So, let's not make a bad situation worse by calling things what they aren't

Things are spiraling out of control. Antifa is going to make this worse. They have no sense of timing or restraint. I hate to think of how bad it would have to be for them to actually be necessary, but they aren't necessary now

edit on 8/7/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: DBCowboy

It reminds of the days leading up to the civil rights era. Targeting people because they "looked" different.

Another point of view:

This was a lot of things, but racist wasn’t one. In fact, once Owens and Kirk walked outside, ANTIFA began shouting “**** white supremacy,”

The rest of his piece is worth a read - if you're up for seeing this from a different perspective

So, let's not make a bad situation worse by calling things what they aren't

Things are spiraling out of control. Antifa is going to make this worse. They have no sense of timing or restraint. I hate to think of how bad it would have to be for them to actually be necessary, but they aren't necessary now

Neither of them are white supremacists.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Owens said she was being accused of selling out because she is african american. As if for some reason if you are black you MUST be a Dem or face persecution. Who is racist now?

Owens's whole shtick is referring to blacks who are Democrats as being on a plantation. Here's some tweets:

My FIRST and lucky number 13 dollars on patreon. Pretty please help me take down the democrat plantation of thought
www.patreon.com...

8:31 AM - 22 Aug 2017

Jay-Z escaped slavery and then came back to convince the rest of us that the plantation was our home. Lowest of the low.

7:50 AM - 4 Sep 2017

@jemelehill You are an embarrassment to educated blacks. If you want to stay on the plantation, pls do so quietly. Some of us are escaping.

11:17 AM - 13 Sep 2017

RETWEET to remind plantation-supervisor @JoyAnnReid, that some black people choose freedom, over slavery to the Democratic Party.

10:27 AM - 14 Jan 2018

This actually just saddens me. Democrats have successfully trained their blacks to use racist terminology against any other blacks that wander off their plantation. @temiikudayisi, “Uncle Tom, Coon, and token” are terms created by masters to create allegiance amongst slaves.

1:45 PM - 17 Apr 2018

The plantation supervisors are out in full force. They want their slaves back.

7:48 AM - 26 Apr 2018

The plantation is hemorrhaging and the Democrats know it. There isn’t a journalist in hell that can stop what comes next. The illusion of freedom has finally cracked. Fear will no longer enslave black minds.

6:44 PM - 15 May 2018

I literally see Samuel L. Jackson in Django Unchained, every time one of them opens their mouths.

8:39 AM - 28 May 2018

That's just a few from the Google results for "Candace Owens Twitter plantation" — it's her thing — it's how she can be relevant and beg for donations on Patreon.

Are you really upset that Candace Owens alleges that black people who don't agree with her political views are lacking agency? Or not so much?

edit on 2018-8-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

It looks like Owens is good at explaining the situation clearly.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Sorry it is becoming common on the left and the reason why is simple. People on the left keep being told Trump and republicans are racist nazis. Now who in their right mind isn't going to oppose that ? When people begin to believe political rhetoric it opens the door to very scary things just ask Steve Scalise.

When you have politicians like Maxine Waters telling people they have to fight back against racist nazis violence is going to happen.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The other thing is they were lucky the police showed up or they probably would have been seriously hurt.
edit on 8/7/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Words

Neither of them are white supremacists.

Doesn't matter - this wasn't a racist incident. My point remains the same

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

This is funny your going to attack a black woman because she believes that Democrats have done nothing for her race. Wonder how long you can ride that bull.
edit on 8/7/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Figured there would be some deflection claiming both sides do it. While I am sure we can find a video of some right wing nut at a political rally, I do think you'd be hard pressed to find conservative protesters targeting liberals trying to have breakfast or doing something nonpolitical. This type of behavior seems to be far more common on the left.

This is why I tend to avoid this #. There are 330 million people in this country and millions of us are hopped up on hyperpartisan tribalism. Everyone is walking around with smartphones, recording video and posting to YT/FB/Twitter/etc and the media is more than willing to foment division because people are addicted to it.

You have a perception of "this type of behavior" seeming to be "far more common on the left" because in your chosen bubble, a story like this is grade A propaganda and because it's easy to make *anything* seem like a alarming trend.

How many people eat out daily? There's somewhere around 250 million adults. Let's say 10% of them eat 1 meal out per day. That's 25 million meals served a day. Let's say you read stories about 4 conservatives having some sort of meal interruption in six week period: Scott Pruitt, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, these two. That's an incidence of 4 in (a tad over) 1 billion or 1 in 250 million (per 45 days).

Yet the narrative is that "conservatives" are being harassed en masse by "liberals" and right-wingers are then supposed to have an emotional response, take to social media and ask liberals how they can defend this horrible treatment of "conservatives" by "liberals."

I'm supposed to go to Raw Story and find examples of "conservatives" accosting people on public transportation and say, "Yea!? Well what about THIS!" and then we can all feel like "the other guys" are terrible human beings and their bad behavior makes our political opinions somehow more valid.

It's a stupid vicious cycle that is admittedly hard to resist. I'm in this thread wasting my time talking about it now when I could be doing just about anything else.

We might as well all hang out bearing our teeth, howling and throwing # at one another.

Your denial of reality is quite impressive...

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

But what about
But what about
But what about when the right targets?

www.google.com...

At a trump rally.

I don't defend it and I am a lib. It is not a lib thing or a conservative thing. It is an asshole thing.

They're not doing it cause they're a lib. They're doing it cause they're an asshole.

This whole post is an oxymoron.

Congratulations, you played yourself.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Libs, how do you defend this nonsense?

That's an absurd question. Do you feel compelled to defend all the dumb # anyone who is ostensibly "conservative" does?

Yes. On ATS we are berated with threads that lump us together with fringe groups we denounce, specifically to make our positions easier to argue against.

And of course you brush it aside at the end. "She would be a nobody if the left wouldn't make as big a deal about race as they do".
edit on 8-8-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
They threw water and eggs at them too.

Owens said she was being accused of selling out because she is african american. As if for some reason if you are black you MUST be a Dem or face persecution. Who is racist now?

The only person who is racist now are people are racist. They don't represent anyone else.. they represent themselves and nobody else.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Meanwhile a black man was beat with a bike lock by a white supremacist in DC. Excuse me if I don't care that some Right Wing personalities can't get their avocado toast.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

assholes are in every party , actually there are to many of them

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A bunch of white people harassed a black woman eating at a lunch counter.

Even better ... a bunch of white Democrats harassed a black woman eating at a lunch counter.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Actually is was even better than that. They accused the black woman of being a white supremacist.

You cannot make this up!! A gang of 30 whites accusing a black woman of being a Nazi white supremacist.

"Both sides do it". My ass.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Are all members of Antifa bonafide A-Holes? They certainly behave as such.
If we consider the possibility of a paycheck (As stated in the video) , then it's clear what the motivation and contempt behind Antifa truly is... $$

Cut off their paycheck, and they'll scatter like roaches in harmonious indifference.

edit on 9-8-2018 by Beowolfs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join