It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk Considers Taking Tesla Private - Trading Halted in Tesla Stock

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Maybe the government should just hit him and his companies with all the money he owes in unpaid taxes thanks to Tesla and the like being nothing more than pyramid & tax evasion schemes. Would put an end to him and his frauds & scams real quick.

This thief has also been getting taxpayer money to run his companies into the ground while promoting himself as God's gift to mankind in a media propaganda campaign. What an egotist.
edit on -050012pm8kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

BREAKING: the SEC is reportedly inquiring about Elon's tweet yesterday:

CBNC

edit on 8-8-2018 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

BREAKING: the SEC is reportedly inquiring about Elon's tweet yesterday:

CBNC

Looks like it's time for Elon to put up or shut up. If he was just trying to make the short-sellers lose money, he's in a lot of trouble.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: Scrutinizing

if they can't work out the flammable cars thing.

I am not sure if non flammable batteries exist for the masses.

I think prolly near the same % of gas guzzlers flame from time to time.

You're probably right, maybe as much internal combustion going external as flaming batteries. Perhaps I shouldn't criticize somebody, building a better vehicle fireball. But those batteries that aren't flammable, you have to be deep state to get them? Where can you signup for the deep state, if so? I tried deepstate.com, and found nothing to connect to. Is the deep state on the dark web? It would make sense their Human Resources would be somewhere deep and dark. Is there some onion, or is that garlic, URL? Maybe if the masses are reduced, for the cars, then the survivors won't be masses, anymore, and can get the good batteries? Maybe like an after Christmas sale, we should just wait for them. I still think Elon Musk should only be the name of a cologne or diabolical Bond villain, batteries in flames notwithstanding.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

Start here

I seen one of those tesla batteries after it burnt and seen it was just one of those chinese 18650 flashlight batteries they sell on ebay for a quarter. They even sell the couplers so that you can stack them x100.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

I seen one of those tesla batteries after it burnt and seen it was just one of those chinese 18650 flashlight batteries they sell on ebay for a quarter. They even sell the couplers so that you can stack them x100.

Some years ago I bought some rechargeables on eBay, made in China, that you could fry an egg on, charging, and didn't have but half the mAh advertised. I recently saw some knockoff water filters, when shopping for cartridges, great price, only problem people commenting the water runs out of them as fast as it's going in, that they could tell they weren't doing much.

It's touch and go, penny wise and pound foolish sometimes. On the other hand, they do make some good parts and gadgets as good as any, for a fraction what some sell the same thing for. Let's not forget most of what's in our stores, with a name brand, is made in China or the like, then marked up 400% or more. I've seen many things on Amazon, marked way up, available, for a fraction, direct from Asia, exact same articles that get good marks from people. There are two views of patriotism, also, some that ask how patriotic is it for some U.S. retailer to take fellow citizens to the cleaners. Is somebody putting the screws to you, on price, your friend? Is screwing your own people patriotic? Maybe look at it as eating into your child's education would lend perspective?

I always get a kick out of all those plastic American flags people wave, made in Communist China.
edit on 10-8-2018 by Scrutinizing because: Typo.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Tesla Model 3 Bumper Falls Off After 30 Minutes And "Heavy Rain"

When it rains, it pours...

A person bought a Tesla Model 3, and, within the first 30 minutes of driving the car back home, the rear bumper cover falls off, Jalopnik reported. The owner, Rithesh Nair, tweeted a picture of his car, directly letting Elon Musk know about his new exposed behind: "1/2 hr, bringing Model 3 home, run in to heavy rain on the streets & bumper comes off."

While it was not immediately clear if there were any "mitigating" factors to explain why the bumper fell off, Jalopnik notes the "hint" in the environmental conditions of this Model 3's inaugural drive: heavy rain. Which led to the following snarky observation: "cars are generally pretty good at retaining their body panels in the rain, even bottom-of-the-market cars like the Mitsubishi Mirage, but it seems to be a challenge for this Model 3."

Or perhaps it wasn't the rain to blame, but merely crappy production quality as another Model 3 owner responded with a picture of his own car which had similarly lost its rear bumper.

Jalopnik notes that according to speculation of other tweeters, the issue seems to be related to a bit of cloth-like shielding under the car, which would deflect water and debris around and below the bumper.

"If this bit of shielding gets torn or loose, water can be forced into the bumper cover, which would act like a big water catch-basin, eventually being pulled off its mounts from the weight and/or pressure of the water being directed up inside the bumper cover."

This is exactly what I was speculating would happen: in their rush to produce the Model 3 as fast as possible, they're letting quality control slip.

I work in testing for the automotive industry. The speculation they quote is probably correct: Rain/water collecting inside the bumper is placing too much of a load on the bumper, causing it to fall off. Altho they cite faulty shielding, this could also be a design flaw. The bumper should have weep holes, or some other mechanism to allow any water that finds its way in to drain out.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

When it rains, it pours...

Damn straight! More news...
SEC subpoenas Tesla over Musk's tweets

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

That's my thought, as well.

Those pesky shareholder wantin' to know stuff...shame on them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join