It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the Trump administration wants to limit citizenship for legal immigrants

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: F4guy

nice catch...

i do not think this should apply to citizens or people seeking citizenship.

It should apply to those here and coming here that are not eligible for citizenship.

It is specifically designed to keep legal immigrants from getting citizenship, because, you know, most of them have dark skin. Even the disabled veteran double amputee who volunteered to fight for this country, not run and hide, screaming, "Ouch, bone spurs!"

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

you may be right..i am not sure yet

i like to think that a path to citizenship exist for those who legally choose it and can get it. They should be allowed benefits.

At least i heard tha military stopped deporting members who were seeking citizenship.

Damn we need to get a grip and get this figured out.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

If all they've done since they got here was be on welfare, never worked, and have basically done nothing but had babies over and over, then yes they should probably be denied citizenship in most cases.

People always wanna rail on America dominating the world and taking control of a nations resources, but they never consider the human resources being drained from the world in the constant mass exodus to America.

Have you ever heard "you have to help yourself before you can help others"? You can be generous your whole life and give everyone who needs a dollar, a dollar so long as you have one to give. You may not have the money on hand needed to repair your vehicle when it breaks down, and so you might struggle a little here and there, but you can sleep good at night knowing you gave away everything you had any extra of. You can go your whole life giving out change, dollars, and small favors here and there, and thats fine, your contribution counts, and is needed, without a doubt.

But, another thing you can do, if you wanted, is save your money, to start a business or make a wise investment, get some good income streams put together. You might have to say no quite often when people ask for help, and thats tough. But, 4 to 8 years later, you could find that your hard work paid off. You could be a millionaire, and when someone is in need of help, you could give them a $100 bill if you wanted, not just a small handful of change.

You could pay the $700 needed for a single mother to get her car repaired, or buy the neighbor kid a new bike after their's got stolen.

You see what mean though, you can do a Lot more good for others, if you take care of Yourself first.

I grew up in the 80s and 90s, and from what I understood, the "plan" was to bring the 3rd world nations up closer to our Western living standards, while still retaining their own unique culture of course.

We created the template, we got the constitution, no reason other nations couldn't do the same or do something similar.... they can have all the help in the world they need.

Now that we have a robust social media infrastructure in place, the people can be more direct and specific about their needs, instead of us just cutting a check to their government or some approved int'l charity, like red cross or doctors without borders.

But instead of directing efforts toward making our foreign relief packages more efficient and corruption proof, to help develop these nations and create a thriving world economy, everyone is just ready to scrap that plan...

Now, the "plan" is: Screw that s#hole, everyone just come to America.

Maybe if the citizens of Mexico, with some encouragement, would petition the US Government for some assistance, we could precision strike the living # out of the cartel, MOAB their compounds, bunker bomb their facilities.... treat them just like ISIS, same with the supporting street/prison gang infrastructure.

Because honestly they are all much worse, much more dangerous, and the benefit/reward for our society for eliminating them, much greater.

I think our government is afraid of the cartels. Clearly they have been in cahoots with certain individuals in government & Law, but, I think they took the bribe in part because they are a very dangerous enemy that has had time to embed members in all levels of society, law enforcement, government, intel and military.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join