It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jared Kushner Ordered Deletion Of Observer Articles Critical Of His Friends: Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The senior White House adviser repeatedly ignored journalism ethics when he was publisher of the New York Observer in 2012, according to BuzzFeed News.

Jared Kushner personally ordered the deletion of New York Observer articles that were critical of his friends and real estate colleagues during his time as the paper’s publisher, BuzzFeed News reported Monday.
Prior to assuming the role of senior White House adviser under his father-in-law President Donald Trump, in 2012 Kushner directed a third party software engineer to remove the content, according to emails obtained by BuzzFeed News. The deleted articles included negative coverage of real estate firm Vantage Properties, now known as Candlebrook Properties, and the company’s president Neil Rubler.
One of the deleted URLs appears to have hosted an article about Rubler making The Village Voice’s “worst landlords”of New York list in 2010. Kushner also called for the deletion of a 2012 article about his friend NBA Commissioner Adam Silver buying a $6.75 million apartment in New York, reported BuzzFeed News.

“That Kushner, a newspaper owner of all people, would participate in an administration that labels news media the enemy of the people,” Smith told BuzzFeed News, “is an affront to the very notion of the freedom of the press and an utter betrayal of those who worked hard and in good faith for him at the Observer.”

very interesting.
this President/administration is and has been very critical of the news the past 2 years.
daily cries of fake new

is it not considered fake news if you are only reporting some of it?
is it fake news if you get rids of articles that paint your friends in a bad way?

no unnamed source this time.
hopefully that makes a difference.

what do you all think?

no big right?

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

LOL,

This is a "Great Story" because of the blatant hypocrisy!

So Buzzfeed gets exposed deleting "thousands" of articles so this is a "looks somebody else did it too" stories?

I like how it says the guy "once" ordered a hit-piece. Hell, the MSM does tens to hundreds of hit pieces a week on the White house. LOL

www.buzzfeednews.com...

The secret removal of stories due to outside pressure is widely regarded as an unethical practice in journalism. In 2015,BuzzFeed faced widespread media criticism after deleting more than a thousand articles, three of which were removed after an editorial employee fielded a complaint from a business-side employee who'd worked with an advertiser, according to an internal company review at the time.

Kushner was known at the Observer to be heavy-handed in his approach to running a newspaper, and Vanity Fair reported that he had once ordered a "hit piece" on rival real estate executive Richard Mack.

BuzzFeed Deleted Posts Under Pressure from Its Own Business Department
tktk.gawker.com...

Not saying it is right but wow!

The same source "ratting out" this guy for doing something they admit doing themselves on a much grander scale!

Well, we have unethical journalism everywhere it seems. Not surprising as the Press has been weaponized for political purposes for years.
edit on 7-8-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

And... it is not like the huffington compost doesn't do the same thing.

HUFFINGTON POST DELETES ARTICLE ADMITTING TRUMP RIGHT ABOUT SWEDEN
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The Huffington Post Rips Down an Article Sharply Criticizing Spotify — Here’s the Original
www.digitalmusicnews.com...

The Huffington Post removed the article about the health problems Clinton
steemit.com...@romel/the-huffington-post-removed-the-article-about-the-health-problems-clinton?sort=new

HUFFPOST FIRES CONTRIBUTOR, DELETES ARTICLES QUESTIONING HILLARY’S HEALTH [VIDEO]
dailycaller.com...

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Cool.
I'm talking about him though.
Not what about everyone else.

Also notice I didn't bash and talk #.
I know nothing about ethics in journalism.

Also notice how I asked questions.

I do like to discuss things

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Just strikes me as odd with this admins cries of fake news all the time

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Cool.
I'm talking about him though.
Not what about everyone else.

Also notice I didn't bash and talk #.
I know nothing about ethics in journalism.

Also notice how I asked questions.

I do like to discuss things

Cool,

Will sum it up....

Kushner is a douch bag and is guilty of doing the same crap that much of the rest of the media does.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Works for me

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Looks like a few people can corroborate this story and vouch for its accuracy, according to that article. And don't worry about deflection tactics, just ignore it and move on -- there is materiel here and named witnesses to corroborate the story, so it should be looked into.

There are plenty of us who appreciate being informed. This is news and should be treated as news. Keep it up.

Edit: And we already know how dirty this guy and his family are. Pushing fake news is nothing compared to what else they do.

edit on 7-8-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Works for me

They set themselves up for that one...and then walked right in to it.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Works for me

They set themselves up for that one...and then walked right in to it.

Naw, but considering how many times liberals end up being baited, literally too many times to count, so who knows, you would be an expert on that?

Either or, this is the state of journalism you poor souls feed on.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Misinformed and loving it? Carry on 😁

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Misinformed by information and multiple sources.

The master of spin, you are. Maybe you would have preferred Gateway Pundit? Neon Nettle? No links and no sources so it's all open to conjecture? I bet you would have no issue with the source then and would just comment.

Carry on.

edit on 7-8-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: Arnie123

Misinformed by information and multiple sources.

The master of spin, you are. Maybe you would have preferred Gateway Pundit? Neon Nettle? No links and no sources so it's all open to conjecture? I bet you would have no issue with the source then and would just comment.

Carry on.

Oh, I think he is guilty as hell, just like a lot of other media types. My issue is with the blatant hypocrisy. The biggest offender is the source of this story.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I used to work at a newspaper on a military post, and the editor would pick and choose which ones would make the paper based on how the public would perceive things on a regular basis.

Personally, I think that all articles should be considered on their merits and not on the subject matter, or how it makes the subject matter look. With that, though, comes the understand that not all stories can be published all the time, and editors and publishers use objective reasoning all the time when they decide to run or hold stories (or delete them, apparently).

It's a crappy practice, and is what is leading to the plague of fake news, which is a thing, existing on both the left-leaning and right-leaning media outlets.

I don't believe that it's anything that's illegal, however.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I agree with you, Buzzfeed is known for not being accurate. HuffPost is not perfect on accuracy and puts an emotional spin on things, but is more accurate than CNN or FOX, for example.

That is why I did not claim this was an accurate story, I only said there was enough there as far as named sources to warrant a deeper look into this. It should be looked into more. The family history of shadiness only makes it more plausible.

Right now I think it's possible, I'd like to be sure about it.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Kushner is a very bad person, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Giving him power is one of the thousands of terrible things Trump has done and possibly impeachable.

new topics

top topics

join