It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Q-Anon Been A Leftist Prank All Along?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
There are increasing little snippets of evidence emerging that Q-Anon has been a prank on alt-right baby boomers.

It's hard to sum up at this point exactly what Q is about, it's grown and mutated into this huge weird thing, the crux of which revolves around Donald Trump being a lone superhero single handedly fighting off a cabal of evil satanic pedophiles. But, this is not the thread for even attempting to recap the immensity of the Q conspiracy theory.

Q is slowly gaining more and more media attention. But here's the thing, over on 4chan, Q followers are starting to suspect it's all been a prank all along:

"Q is pols greatest achievement, look at how many normies and boomers got sucked into our LULZ chaos. Good job anons, looking forward to our next prank."

And here's the evidence.

Last month, an Italian leftist activist collective called the Wu Ming Foundation pointed to a book they published in the ’90s that is shockingly similar to QAnon. In 1999, Roberto Bui, Giovanni Cattabriga, Federico Guglielmi, and Luca Di Meo, writing under the name "Luther Blissett," published an Italian novel called Q.

Luther Blissett was a name regularly adopted in the ’90s by leftists, anarchists, and general troublemakers in Italy. It was used for staging all kinds of pranks. The Luther Blissetts in different cities would occasionally communicate by phone, but for the most part the project just spread organically through the underground.

Three of the authors behind Luther Blissett, Bui, Cattabriga, and Guglielmi, now operate under the name "Wu Ming" or "No Name." And they've been posting lately pointing out how the plot of their novel Q is pretty similar in structure to the basics of the QAnon conspiracy theory. For example:

"Coincidences are hard to ignore," Bui, Cattabriga, and Guglielmi said. "Dispatches signed 'Q' allegedly coming from some dark meanders of top state power, exactly like in our book."

They also pointed to the fact that the Q from the QAnon community is described almost exactly like Luther Blissett used to be described, "an entity of about 10 people that have high security clearance."

One of the theories in the QAnon community is that John F. Kennedy Jr. faked his own death in 1999 and became QAnon, which is also the year Q was first published.

"We can't say for sure that it's an homage," they said. "But one thing is almost certain: our book has something to do with it. It may have started as some sort of, er, 'fan fiction' inspired by our novel, and then quickly became something else."

When asked who they think Q could be, Bui, Cattabriga, and Guglielmi are fairly certain that the main readers of Q in the US are leftist and anarchist activists. And there's increasing chatter in those worlds about laughing at the gullible Baby Boomer generation who actually believe 'this nonsense'.

What could the purpose be? What's the motive? Apart from having a laugh at people?

Well, the Democrats are starting to pick up on the crazier parts of Q, and as it melts into the mainstream media, expect more and more people to start talking about how crazy the alt-right must be to believe this stuff, and it will be used to discredit Trump supporters.

Will it ever be possible to know for sure at this point? Now that so many people have written their own alleged Q Postings? Probably not. It seems like one of those collaborative arts projects that has gotten out of control and picked up it's own momentum, and used by different groups for different purposes.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I have said many times I believed the collective known as Q was a ruse. In my opinion it all started with an individual whom I believe was real, FBIanon. FBIanon was quickly upsurped by a tidal wave of Q's trolling for up votes and using the same sort of style used by FBIanon so effectively.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Q exposed as a giant social engineering prank. I've thought this from the beginning. I mean, just look at the name, "Q (xxxx)", it likely stems from the Ian Flemming action series James Bond 007. In other words, it's all fiction. Q = fiction.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
His thoughts of what could be and maybe should have been are in the minds of the inquisitive .

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Ya no #. He came from 8Chan. There's literally a board devoted on that site to plan the best ways to # with mass amounts of people. Lol the recent freebleeding faze came from there. I also remember a campaign they did to go through Twitter and incite race wars. The organizer of that one was a dude who lived on a boat who was too crippled to work. It brought him meaning to an otherwise pointless existences.
edit on 7/8/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

If you think so..... so the Left is trolling the Right by bashing the Left and it's leadership and former Administration? Because the Left is always into self reflection and self criticism.

Soon enough we will know one way or the other.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
If this was a ploy by the left it would be really ironic. What the Q movement have started is really amazing. It is a spark that woke up a large part of the masses on how dishonest the MSM really is. Q do give misdirections and I am still on the fence on whether it could be a LARP or not. But the movement it started is undeniable, and perhaps will out last the Q phenomenon itself. I look at the Q board more like cloud sourcing for journalism. Hints and small opensource facts are given to the cloud to figure out the connections. The coincidences are many and if the connections turn out to be true …. we got a S**tstrom coming just looking at the number of sealed indictments alone.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Yes Legion will reveal all?

Left or right it’s all a larp

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Well it has been proven that big tech controls everything on the internet. I think Q is no exception. Why trust people that are anonymous. Could be psyop. Hell yeah it's psyop.

Controlling , manipulating the people. Assange , snowden , anonymous , Q. It´s all the same and now the totalitarian regime is upon us tell me did these 'superheroes' made a difference. Enjoy the enslavement and Obey !
edit on 872018 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

link   
I never paid any attention to the whole Q thing.

link   

Maybe it has something with the whitehouse tagging them as a hate group.

Oh nos mr bill

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

It's opened lots of people eyes to things that don't normally see light of day.

In that respect, it's worked.

What is the reason the Left would LARP bad things about their side mainly? The Right is already greatly opposed to them and anyone in the middle , you are trashing your own side to them.

Not a very sound Idea, IMO. No wonder they lost Big.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
His thoughts of what could be and maybe should have been are in the minds of the inquisitive .

followers are like the shadows that follow us
if we don't turn our back, is it possible to see our shadow
Q san is all about the shadow of ones thoughts

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Soon enough we will know one way or the other

How so?

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

It has not affected a large part of any population. It's never been anything more than a fringe movement of conspiracy throrists.

And now a large part of the population has a reason to snicker and point.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

As we are both long term members here ( member since 2005 and lurked before) this Q stuff is CT for new comers, ct lite for the alt right with all the right ticks in the boxes for wealthy elite, satanic cults and rituals

Thing is it’s been rebadged as President Trump as the saviour, this heroic bastion of truth and the light and he is not that person.Never has and never will be

He’s on a crusade to banish these liberal demons, I’m paraphrasing you know the score

Republicans will want to distance themselves from this as it’s not a vote winner, it’s pure insanity and obviously not real

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I have said many times I believed the collective known as Q was a ruse. In my opinion it all started with an individual whom I believe was real, FBIanon. FBIanon was quickly upsurped by a tidal wave of Q's trolling for up votes and using the same sort of style used by FBIanon so effectively.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Q exposed as a giant social engineering prank. I've thought this from the beginning. I mean, just look at the name, "Q (xxxx)", it likely stems from the Ian Flemming action series James Bond 007. In other words, it's all fiction. Q = fiction.

Star Trek - Q

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It’s a small group and how many of them are just trolling for giggles

link   
Q always seemed too good to be true. QANON always claims to have evidence to jail these high level politicians and bankers. Maybe even the puppet masters, like the Rothchilds.

Yet, it's always on the horizon, but never here.

Also, why would any smart group of people tell the most powerful people in the world, " we got evidence to destroy all of you", but just hang on we got to prepare to take you down. Also, we will be announcing our general progress of your inevitable DOOM in cryptic Q messages. We know you ruling highly educated extremely wealthy elite are too stupid to decipher them.

I want to like trump and believe he (and the military) have a plan to take down the ruling cabals, but it's not adding up. Especially when you have to believe Trump is part of some genius plan.
edit on 7-8-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thejoncrichton
I never paid any attention to the whole Q thing.

Why post then ?

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

Eh... Not really. For most of the country it was an oddity on internet boards then the MSM started reporting on it recently and now it is more like the poster child for insane conspiracy ranting for the internet age.
edit on 7-8-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join