It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connecting or being reborn into the spiritual world

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You asked the same i did. It is not ocd to have a clean house. There is not an absolute standard we can figure out anytime in the next few quadrillion years. Hope I did not hurt your pride

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: cyberjedi

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Is god hanging around in the presence of horrible atrocities?

Yes! We, everything, is God experiencing itself from different points of view.

Except God could already do that without us.

Well there isn't really an 'us' or 'we'..............there is only God.
No individual will find God and live!

That which is 'all seeing' is not a thing that is separate from what is 'appearing'.
Really, truly, there is no me or other.........there is only awareness of what is.

edit on 8-8-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

a reply to: musicismagic

What do you mean by the spiritual world?

Are you referring to peace of mind?

When they say "spiritual world", I don't think they mean peace of mind.

Spiritual world - Dictionary.com

Noun 1. spiritual world - a belief that there is a realm controlled by a divine spirit.

When it is recognised that there is no one separately controlling this realm.....that everything is just happening all by itself ..............wouldn't there be peace that surpasses all understanding?

Now is happening now.......there isn't anyone who can change what is happening now.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: cyberjedi

a reply to: Itisnowagain

Is god hanging around in the presence of horrible atrocities?

Yes! We, everything, is God experiencing itself from different points of view.

Except God could already do that without us.

Well there isn't really an 'us' or 'we'..............there is only God.
No individual will find God and live!

That which is 'all seeing' is not a thing that is separate from what is 'appearing'.
Really, truly, there is no me or other.........there is only awareness of what is.

You, and McKenna may doubt that you exist, but I exist (Rene Descartes and all that) and my existence is existential proof of itself.

The video doesn't qualify as philosophy because it is just irrationality and fails the most basic testing. It is only appears profound if you are incapable of basic reason.

Sorry, but the video is just silly twaddle.

edit on 8/8/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Noun 1. spiritual world - a belief that there is a realm controlled by a divine spirit.

When it is recognised that there is no one separately controlling this realm.....that everything is just happening all by itself ..............wouldn't there be peace that surpasses all understanding?

Now is happening now.......there isn't anyone who can change what is happening now.

Oh, I see.

'There isn't any isn't, except all that is, which by extension, isn't', kind of reasoning.

I'm sure if someone dropped a brick on your toe, you would discover how incontrovertible reality is.

You really need to re-read the definition and engage a few of them neurons to the task. I'm sure it's not too hard for you. I mean, you can type, so there's has to be a brain there.

In the definition, there is divine spirit. If there was no divine spirit, then you'd have to have a different definition.

Besides, how could you ever truthfully state that God doesn't exist. It is something that you can never actually know or prove. An absence of evidence is neither evidence of absence or evidence of existence. It is merely ignorance.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Oh, I see.

Yes................you see. Observing what is appearing - is the observing separate from the appearance?

Does the seer have to connect to the seen? Or is the seer and seen one (indivisible)?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Oh, I see.

Yes................you see. Observing what is appearing - is the observing separate from the appearance?

Does the seer have to connect to the seen? Or is the seer and seen one (indivisible)?

Observer and observed are not the same. The photon and the detector are not the same. God and His creation are not the same. There may be links and influences, but they remain resolutely separate (unless you live in a physical singularity). Pauli exclusion means things must be different.

If a tree falls in a forest...

be under it and we will mourn you not.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Oh, I see.

Observer and observed are not the same. The photon and the detector are not the same. God and His creation are not the same. There may be links and influences, but they remain resolutely separate (unless you live in a physical singularity). Pauli exclusion means things must be different.

What is appearing is constantly different but what is knowing that it is different never changes.

Instead of thinking about this to find out what is going on..................look and listen.

Please don't tell me any 'facts' of knowledge...instead find the answers to these questions:
Can you separate yourself from what is appearing? If your answer is yes then tell me; what remains when all that is appearing presently is removed?

Is there anyone there/here that can escape what is happening now?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

You, and McKenna may doubt that you exist, but I exist (Rene Descartes and all that) and my existence is existential proof of itself.

'I think therefore I am' is twaddle.

There is no thinker of thoughts:

Is there any relationship between the thinker and his thought, or is there only thought and not a thinker? If there are no thoughts there is no thinker. When you have thoughts, is there a thinker? Perceiving the impermanency of thoughts, thought itself creates the thinker who gives himself permanency; so thought creates the thinker; then the thinker establishes himself as a permanent entity apart from thoughts which are always in a state of flux. So, thought creates the thinker and not the other way about. The thinker does not create thought, for if there are no thoughts, there is no thinker. The thinker separates himself from his parent and tries to establish a relationship, a relationship between the so-called permanent, which is the thinker created by thought, and the impermanent or transient, which is thought. So, both are really transient.

Pursue a thought completely to its very end. Think it out fully, feel it out and discover for yourself what happens. You will find that there is no thinker at all. For, when thought ceases, the thinker is not. We think there are two states, as the thinker and the thought. These two states are fictitious, unreal. There is only thought, and the bundle of thought creates the 'me', the thinker.
www.reddit.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

In the definition, there is divine spirit. If there was no divine spirit, then you'd have to have a different definition.

Besides, how could you ever truthfully state that God doesn't exist. It is something that you can never actually know or prove. An absence of evidence is neither evidence of absence or evidence of existence. It is merely ignorance.

No one stated God does not exist.
God is presence and there is nothing other than That.
God is the seeing!!! Is there seeing occurring?

Hey.......the truth is hidden in PLAIN SIGHT.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Oh, I see.

What is appearing is constantly different but what is knowing that it is different never changes.

You are what is knowing.

Are you suggesting that you are incapable of making a decision?

Of course we all change.

What is knowing is changing.

Instead of thinking about this to find out what is going on..................look and listen.

Please don't tell me any 'facts' of knowledge...instead find the answers to these questions:
Can you separate yourself from what is appearing?

Yes.

Things still objectively occur without my observation, or the presence of my consciousness. The world won't vanish when I die, just like it hasn't vanished when the billions of people who have already died, did so.

Things also have different attributes. Taste, color, smell, weight, energy, position and so on, the differences between things are myriad...

If your answer is yes then tell me; what remains when all that is appearing presently is removed?

Who or what removes everything? Why and how?

And also, if things are appearing, then that means they must be changing over time.

If 'all is one', observed and/or observer alike, then there is never any net change and such a universe would be totally static. This means that nothing could ever appear, or be removed! The concept of such unity of everything is self contradictory and contrary to everything we observe.

Is there anyone there/here that can escape what is happening now?

Obviously, everyone can, and always does, 'escape' from every moment.

Not only that but they have choice of a vast array of possible futures.

Plus the flow of time itself is not a static rate. The flow of time is situational. Different people, in different situations experience different rates of the flow of time. It's simple relativity.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

No one stated God does not exist.
God is presence and there is nothing other than That.

The word "presence" implies that there must be something present. Presence, without something to be present, is an incomplete and rationally invalid concept. You are using the word as if it could stand on its own. Presence is an adjective, not a noun. It is a description of a thing. There cannot be presence and "nothing other than that".

God is the seeing!!! Is there seeing occurring?

If I close my eyes, do I cease to exist? No.

Likewise, God is waaay more than just "the seeing", even in the most basic and stunted of theologies.

Hey.......the truth is hidden in PLAIN SIGHT.

The truth is that McKenna is a hop-head who has scrambled his circuitry so much he probably thinks he can taste sounds. He has set-up invalid neural connections through repeated chemical insult and shorted out the correct neural sequencing.

It's like what would happen if you threw random nuts and bolts into a gearbox. It's going to screw things up and the gearbox, if it worked at all, would work weirdly.

Clearly, from his video's, he has delusions of grandeur, like other mentally ill people, but his illness is self inflicted. That is what taking psychoactives for extended periods does to the the normal operation of the human brain, because our brains are constructed to entrain repeated neural activity. It is called Neuroplasticity, it is how we learn.

He isn't profound, he is damaged.

He is using contradictory semantics as if the proposed paradoxes are meaningful in some way.

This is probably because it gives him status over his 'followers' who are either too stupid to see he is talking rubbish or too weak as individuals to stand up and call him out on his crap.

McKenna, promoting the damage he has done to himself, to others who are weak minded, is dangerous to them.

There is nothing scientific about taking drugs. There are no placebos or double blind testings behind imbibing a, usually impure, handful of chemicals. The real scientific testing of most psychoactives was completed in the '70's and there were no 'opened doors of perception' discovered. Real science reveals those concepts to be just delusion.

Please don't promote this drug addled garbage.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

The truth is that McKenna is a hop-head who has scrambled his circuitry so much he probably thinks he can taste sounds.

Who is this 'McKenna' you keep referring to? I have not posted anything about or by anyone named 'McKenna'.

The man in the video I posted was Dr David R Hawkins M.D., Ph.D.

Dr. Hawkins entered the field of medicine to alleviate human pain and distress, and his work as a physician was pioneering. As Medical Director of the North Nassau Mental Health Center (1956–1980) and Director of Research at Brunswick Hospital (1968–1979) on Long Island, his clinic was the largest practice in the United States, including a suite of twenty–five offices, two thousand outpatients, and several research laboratories. In 1973, he co–authored the ground–breaking work, Orthomolecular Psychiatry with Nobel Laureate chemist Linus Pauling, initiating a new field within psychiatry.

A trademark of Dr. Hawkins’s research is his pioneering, internationally–known and applied “Map of Consciousness,” presented in the ever–popular book Power vs. Force (1995), translated into over twenty–five languages. The “Map of Consciousness” incorporates findings from quantum physics and nonlinear dynamics, thereby confirming the classical “stages” of spiritual evolution found in the world’s sacred literature as actual “attractor fields.”

veritaspub.com...
Feel free to click the link to see Dr David R Hawkins biography summary.............it is much too big for me to quote all of it - he has also been knighted - his full name is Sir Dr David R Hawkins M.D. Ph.D.
Is this the man you have been bad mouthing or did you assume he was someone other than he is? Did you misread his name?
I look forward to hearing back from you.
edit on 9-8-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain
Pretty good con, really... fear the afterlife if you don't submit. So you willingly submit.

This is how I think of investing for retirement.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   

The truth is that McKenna is a hop-head who has scrambled his circuitry so much he probably thinks he can taste sounds.

Who is this 'McKenna' you keep referring to? I have not posted anything about or by anyone named 'McKenna'.

Dr. Hawkins entered the field of medicine to alleviate human pain and distress, and his work as a physician was pioneering. As Medical Director of the North Nassau Mental Health Center (1956–1980) and Director of Research at Brunswick Hospital (1968–1979) on Long Island, his clinic was the largest practice in the United States, including a suite of twenty–five offices, two thousand outpatients, and several research laboratories. In 1973, he co–authored the ground–breaking work, Orthomolecular Psychiatry with Nobel Laureate chemist Linus Pauling, initiating a new field within psychiatry.

A trademark of Dr. Hawkins’s research is his pioneering, internationally–known and applied “Map of Consciousness,” presented in the ever–popular book Power vs. Force (1995), translated into over twenty–five languages. The “Map of Consciousness” incorporates findings from quantum physics and nonlinear dynamics, thereby confirming the classical “stages” of spiritual evolution found in the world’s sacred literature as actual “attractor fields.”

veritaspub.com...
Feel free to click the link to see Dr David R Hawkins biography summary.............it is much too big for me to quote all of it - he has also been knighted - his full name is Sir Dr David R Hawkins M.D. Ph.D.
Is this the man you have been bad mouthing or did you assume he was someone other than he is? Did you misread his name?

Yes, I was confusing him with someone else who says similar stuff.

Apologies.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   

veritaspub.com...

Yes, I was confusing him with someone else who says similar stuff.

Apologies.

No need to apologise....I just hope you have recognised that you see and read things that are not there. And don't see or read things that are there.
I most certainly have!

Here is a bit of fun for you:
How many F's are in the sentence below?
FINISHED FILES ARE THE RESULT OF MANY YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC STUDY COMBINED WITH THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

My question is, if someone says to you there are 2 part toward the life of a righteousness way of life , but the path of life leads only to one end of the life a righteousness person, yet he or she meets another person at the end of the 2 paths of life that can still enter the kingdom of God, what are your thoughts on this.

Your question doesn't make any sense. So, are both paths towards the "righteousness way of life" supposed to be followed by righteous people or not? Are you suggesting that both the righteous and unrighteous are capable of entering the kingdom of God? If so, how is the unrighteous person following a "righteous way of life"?

It is only through God giving us concession, through God granting us forgiveness, that both the righteous and the unrighteous can attain heaven.

Or if you don't believe that, plucking your eye out is better than sinning, hell being as it is.
Mark ,9:47

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

originally posted by: Deetermined

My question is, if someone says to you there are 2 part toward the life of a righteousness way of life , but the path of life leads only to one end of the life a righteousness person, yet he or she meets another person at the end of the 2 paths of life that can still enter the kingdom of God, what are your thoughts on this.

Your question doesn't make any sense. So, are both paths towards the "righteousness way of life" supposed to be followed by righteous people or not? Are you suggesting that both the righteous and unrighteous are capable of entering the kingdom of God? If so, how is the unrighteous person following a "righteous way of life"?

It is only through God giving us concession, through God granting us forgiveness, that both the righteous and the unrighteous can attain heaven.

Or if you don't believe that, plucking your eye out is better than sinning, hell being as it is.
Mark ,9:47

Quite.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I succumbed to a mischievous urge, sorry.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
All pairs of shoes on the feet wears out
and so does a path.
A new path is inevitable
so walk a new one that
hasn't been trodden on before.
The righteous path will be the one
that feels right for you;
whatever that is.
It really doesn't matter which path
you decide is righteous as long