It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote to remove Trump from the Hollywood Walk of Fame

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Words
It’s right beside Kevin spacey’s star, which doesn’t have a mark on it. This is just a political ploy.

seriously?

Thats messed up.

Like I have been saying, if you are going to remove Trumps star because of his treatment of women, fair enough, but be consistent about it. I think there are far more people who have stars that need to be removed if thats the standard before trump.

I've got a better idea. If you haven't removed a star before don't be a punk just because you don't like your president.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Totally agree with you here, if you state it's because of treatment of women, then be uniform about it and remove all of those that violate that moral standpoint.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Words
It’s right beside Kevin spacey’s star, which doesn’t have a mark on it. This is just a political ploy.

seriously?

Thats messed up.

Like I have been saying, if you are going to remove Trumps star because of his treatment of women, fair enough, but be consistent about it. I think there are far more people who have stars that need to be removed if thats the standard before trump.

It might be a case of virtue signalling, where appearing virtuous helps to disguise one’s own dealings.

The mayor of West Hollywood John Duran once settled a harassment lawsuit.

www.latimes.com...
edit on 7|8|18 by Words because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Thanks for all of the comments. Personally ICGAFL also but I just thought it was about as petty as you can get...especially for Hollywood where petty is king.

I would not fix the one that was damaged. Leave it....As a statement to show the state of the nation.

LOL, I saw this on the news this morning, and laughed. They must have enacted a kindergarten class to come up with this idea and put it out for a vote. And I agree totally, that it should be left exactly as is, so in a few years, when and if the left regains it's composure, they can look back and see how funny they looked in 2018.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I guess if you can't remove him from office...

Do the next best thing and take away his shiny star....that will teach him!!

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Wait, don't you guys hate Hollywood? Why would you care whether or not he had a star on their boulevard? I would think you'd be happy his name was no longer associated with such a place. But nope, all of a sudden it's the "ultimate disrespect to our country" to distance our president from such an industry.

Lol.

Whining about other people whining. Not so "enlightened" it would seem.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Somehow I don't think he would mind too much. Let 'em remove it, just shows how petty they are.

Just like the sore losers trying to suppress Alex Jones - all they've done is taken his theories and made them mainstream. I've been listening to Jones every night for the past week thanks to their efforts to suppress him.

It tells me he must be on to something if he's taking so much flak.

A citizen exercising their rights is *never* a threat to anyone... a government/private company attempting to suppress that citizen, well, it is clear they are themselves the true threat.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

I agree.

I ordered his supplements so I can also rip my shirt off when I feel the urge.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I agree.

We should have a vote to remove Augustus if he removes his shirt.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I'd vote 'yea'.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Insane. What the left has done to this country is outstanding.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I agree.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

"The shared values of the city of Hollywood" (yuck)

If I were Trump I wouldve had it removed myself by now, although I now admit it was possibly a more clever move to leave it there and watch the left go bananas.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Imagine what they are going to try after the Trump presidential library is built.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Imagine what they are going to try after the Trump presidential library is built.

Cripes. I don't want to imagine what late fees for that library would be like.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I'd vote 'yea'.

Beware the birthing pains of the Yea-Party!

Oh the heat!
Oh the cruelty!
Oh all the XtremeNO(TM)!

*rips ribs apart*
edit on 7-8-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Wait, don't you guys hate Hollywood? Why would you care whether or not he had a star on their boulevard? I would think you'd be happy his name was no longer associated with such a place. But nope, all of a sudden it's the "ultimate disrespect to our country" to distance our president from such an industry.

Lol.

Yeah because Im so sure they are doing this out of respect...

Trust me nobody is gonna care much, you are the one as usual making a mountain out of a mole hill again, all we are doing is discussing the news, and I can be happy about the removal, but also disdainful towards the "city counsel" for doing it at the same time because of the reasoning behind it. They're not mutually exclusive from one another.

Besides, who cares about Hollywood, Trump has his eye on Mount Rushmore, I'm sure. 😎

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Isn't that the truth? They just do it more politely because they aren't the side with most of the firepower.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: neo96

Cripes. I don't want to imagine what late fees for that library would be like.
First you have to be able to afford the solid gold library card...

But that shouldn't be too much of a problem for most Americans after 2 Trump terms. 😉😋

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I'd vote 'yea'.

I'd probably do something silly and outrageous as an act of protest, like rip my shirt off.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join