It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So is it ok for an American citizen to collude with adversarial governments???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The most interesting part of the whole trump/Russia collusion debacle is what precedent it would set for the American people...

If they establish that trump did nothing illegal. Then it is basically a get out of jail free card for every tom , dick and Harry to do the same..

Hell one of us ATSers could help Iran, Palistine or North Korea install their choice candidate...

I just have a hard time believing they will want to establish that precedent for everyone..

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
What exactly do you consider collusion?

Talking to a Russian national? Having a meeting?? Doing business?

I mean wth even is it you object to?

I have yet to hear anything that would be criminal.

edit on 2018/8/6 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Hell one of us ATSers could help Iran, Palistine or North Korea install their choice candidate..

None of those 3 hold elections.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

People have giving opinions on the governments of other countries every day forever. We see it happen on ATS all the time. What about those discussions about Brexit, etc, etc?

If they claim that Russians posting on Facebook can influence an election, then what about the millions of other people posting on Facebook every day about the governments of other countries?

As for interfering, governments have been interfering in the elections of other countries forever. Other countries have lobbyists trying to influence our government all the time - at the cost of millions to other countries.

Americans do business in other countries every single day. Corporations influence other countries through investments in their economy. I know some government people in other countries not only accept bribes to do business in their areas, but that is the only way to do business there.

edit on 8/6/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Short answer, no. It's a federal offense.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Well apparently it depends on which side you are a part of. The FBI paid a British spy for information on Trump, the British spy got his info from Russian spies. As I understand the rules, foreigners can volunteer to help candidates as long as they are not paid, ask Bernie Sanders about that.

Also since it all started with another campaign financing it all, I would say precedent has been set. So far nothing to show that Trump paid for any dirt but hey who knows, maybe somebody will get paid enough to finally sing

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
In fact Yes...the State Department's entire mission is to collide with foreign entities, hence the quick use by Hillary Clinton in claiming Trump did this with Russia. In Fact.... it's not a Crime at all, so all this poo flinging is political theater to keep the Untermenchen busy while that sweet, sweet Zyklon B is stirred up like green Kool Aid....

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
The most interesting part of the whole trump/Russia collusion debacle is what precedent it would set for the American people...

If they establish that trump did nothing illegal. Then it is basically a get out of jail free card for every tom , dick and Harry to do the same..

Hell one of us ATSers could help Iran, Palistine or North Korea install their choice candidate...

I just have a hard time believing they will want to establish that precedent for everyone..

I'm sorry, I couldn't help but laugh. The reason no one in our government has ever been held accountable for anything in the past is because the precedent of corruption has already been set.

We always meddle in others' elections.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

SoOo... when Ted Kennedy wrote to the Kremlin asking for help to keep Reagan from the presidency, was that OK with you?

When Khrushchev threw the election for JFK, was that fine?

Let's get closer in history... when Hillary and the DNC (and the FBI) bought, through a foreign national, materials from Russian spies to get a FISA warrant to start this whole Trump Russia collusion narrative in the first place, that was a good thing, right?

Asking for a friend...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Perhaps its time to cut with the virtue signalling, and do something about all those evil-doer nations out there (any and all who would attempt to resist our imperial conquest of Planet Earth). We should form up "international vigilantism' groups at once. The Federal Government should provide logistics, transports, satellite intel, bazookas, flamethrowers and phased plasma rifles in the 40 watt range. Start dropping weekend warriors in behind "enemy" lines.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hey, just what you see pal.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

SoOo... when Ted Kennedy wrote to the Kremlin asking for help to keep Reagan from the presidency, was that OK with you?

When Khrushchev threw the election for JFK, was that fine?

Let's get closer in history... when Hillary and the DNC (and the FBI) bought, through a foreign national, materials from Russian spies to get a FISA warrant to start this whole Trump Russia collusion narrative in the first place, that was a good thing, right?

Asking for a friend...

As I am sure you already know, presenting real facts to deranged Liberals is like showing a cross to a vampire....They run every time.
It is really hard to imagine the type of mental disorder these Liberals have, to be stuck like a broken record for almost 2 years now.
I am talking a mental disorder that psychiatrists have week long symposiums to study it and get absolutely nowhere with it.
It’s incredibly scary that they are running loose everywhere.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

How do you feel about Obama helping Macron's campaign? Do you care?

That said, Americans do it all the time. Citizens with their opinions, people with influence, and some under the directive of the government.

You've been around long enough buddy, you should know these things.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Short answer, no. It's a federal offense.

I don't think that really gets enforced.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Russia stopped being our enemy a long time ago.. Why are you trying to make them our enemy again?

how did they win Hillary the popular vote and get Trump elected?
Sublime mentioned this in another thread and I just went hmmm how did they do that?

it makes you guys sound STUPID.........

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

wow do you think the FBI - dept of justice give a sh-- about federal offences

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Onbiously, especially in Ameriican poltics, it's all in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

What? you mean like when google makes secret deals with china, to make a search engine where you cant search for words like "freedom" and "peacefull demostrations" etc??

Cause that is not only working with a foreign goverment, it is plain evil and something that himmler would be proud of. It is against the freedom of all humanity, but offcourse, it wasnt Trump, so iam not sure if it count in youre book??

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

You mean, like:

- when Obama gave billions in cash on pallets as part of his Iran deal ?
- when Hillary/Obama supplied Syrian islamic terrorists with weapons ?
- when Hillary/Obama signed off on the Uranium One deal in exchange for millions to the Clinton foundation ?
- when Bill Clinton signed a deal to supply NORTH KOREA WITH TWO NUCLEAR REACTORS ?
-when Obama off-mike told Medvedev he'd have more flexibility after the election with regards to concessions to Russia on Nuclear weapons aimed at Americans ?

That kind of actual/NOT SPECULATIVE TREASON ?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Heres my thing, its clear Trump was trying to use a foreign entity to get dirt on Hillary.

Its also clear that he got nothing, apparently.

Hillary did the same damn thing, and actually GOT information and tried to hide it, we also know that for a fact.

So if shes not going to be prosecuted, then the whole damn thing needs to be dropped.

If they are actually going to do something legally about this and hold her to task, then Trump should be held to task for his attempt too.

Its both or none, period.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join