It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina A-51

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by vapeninsula
is the harvey's point base off of harvey's point road?

yes it is

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Washball
Hey guys, resident of Western NC here....

I don't know about any spook bases over here, but there is alot of National guard activity over here at night, along with the black helicopters over Hanging rock and Pilot Mountain. There's rumors around that there are several silos up here, maybe for defense of Roanoke, Richmond, Charlotte, Atlanta? Anyway, the rumors come from the National Guard stuff. Mainly, these Nat. Guard stories all involve about twenty-twenty five troops, large machine guns, and a couple of Hum-vs at three in the morning. I've heard about four different accounts all centered in Pilot Mountain.

Just thought I'd throw in a bone or two.

that's interesting, all of my family lives in western NC haha im the black sheep in the east, but i have heard of spooky things such as those of which you speak going on up there from them and their friends. Post and tell more or u2u more info to me, i am very interested. I have been interested for a while now to in missile silos that exist, or at one time existed in the mountains of NC and VA. please give me more info

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I can't confirm any of this, I can only tell you what I've been told. The one in Pilot Mountain is right as you turn onto 268 West from Old US 52. It sounds like this major intersection, but believe me, it's not. The other one that I've been told of is in Sandy Ridge, about 2 miles south of the Virginia border. I can't remember the highway, but I think it's 707 or 770, or 7 something. Anyway, I've heard that there are more, but they're farther west than I am (there's supposed to be one outside of Wilkesboro) and I don't know the exact locations.

The two I've mentioned are the only ones that I know locations of, if they're really Silos. Again, I'm telling you things that I've heard, I have no real proof, just rumors.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
interesting, most of my family is from the wilkesboro area, some in clingman, some in North Wilkesboro, some others up in West Jefferson. So who told you about these potential missile silos, this has sparked a lot of curiosity for me. are these things that you could potentially see???

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Washball
I can't confirm any of this, I can only tell you what I've been told. The one in Pilot Mountain is right as you turn onto 268 West from Old US 52. It sounds like this major intersection, but believe me, it's not. The other one that I've been told of is in Sandy Ridge, about 2 miles south of the Virginia border. I can't remember the highway, but I think it's 707 or 770, or 7 something. Anyway, I've heard that there are more, but they're farther west than I am (there's supposed to be one outside of Wilkesboro) and I don't know the exact locations.

The two I've mentioned are the only ones that I know locations of, if they're really Silos. Again, I'm telling you things that I've heard, I have no real proof, just rumors.

odd, i looked on my county atlas, and NC 268 at Old US 52 is right in the middle of DOWNTOWN Pilot Mountain. But please, anymore info you have I would be greatful to hear. i am very interested in this subject

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
uhm... i've actually never heard of this place.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alias101
uhm... i've actually never heard of this place.

never heard of which? harvey point or Pilot Mt. area?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
has anyone seen what is on pilot mt. on keyhole?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
ive been on top of pilot mt. before, but ive never looked at it on a satelite photo, why, is there something interesting????

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Business 52 (old 52) and 268 Meet at the bottom of a hill right before you get to the old Pilot Mountain Elementry school. The key hole thing is something I haven't heard of, but there were people doing some weird stuff up on the "knob" last summer, which is weird because the rangers won't let anyone up there. If you have satellite pics, post them.

As for the Wilkesboro thing, a guy I work with told me about a "silo" he'd heard of up there. He's been there all his life. As for the "silo" in Pilot, I've heard the same thing from three people, one of them an ex-marine. I'll U2U you the full stories, ben94gt. The one in Sandy Ridge I heard about from some old farmers in a stop-and-robb who were talking about it.

BTW: these towns are very, very rural. Most of the towns up here are un-incorporated with populations averaging in the hundreds. Pilot Mountain is a fairly known place, however, and the fact that someone hasn't heard of it is kinda surprising to me, that is assuming that every post on this thread is from people from NC.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm not native to NC but i have moved around a lot of places. Some of which were military installations but none like near Harvey's point. I'm still a N008ie to the area but quickly learned about the place when the shockwaves came rolling through. Guess it's the sound of freedom as we joke around here!

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
its not surprising not to have heard of harvey point, it is not exactly advertised as existing, i would not have known anything about it if not for the fact that the foodservice company my dad worked for in the mid 90s delivered food to them, and he told me the story that a delivery driver that went there had told him, and at that time we knew nothing of what it was used for, it was not until further research that i found out what its purpose was.

OT: how many posts do you have to have to send U2Us to non-staff members?????

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Not sure about how many posts, just keep participating and do some news items, get u a lotta points.

I only know about the point b/c i live right around the corner and its a hot topic if you fish in the Albemarle Sound

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
damn dude, explosions bending trees, those must be some powerful explosives, kinda sounds like mini nukes.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Never know...but we don't have any mutant wildlife lurking around the other parts of the county...yet...just imagine how many points the deer will have after one of those drops...

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAConrad0825
has anyone seen what is on pilot mt. on keyhole?

unfortunatley, at least on my keyhole the resolution in that area is not very good, in fact, it is hard to even see pilot mtn.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
That's the only bad thing about Keyhole. Unless it is an urban area, you cannot see it well at all

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Hey, its KKK country, lol. Just Kidding. I've been through NC and I never heard of eet.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Way off topic bud. Not contributing to the discussion. Try to add or not post at all.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Here are maps and sat. pics of Harvey point

cryptome.org...

I live 8 min from Pilot Mt. I know last summer they were doing trail repairs and were using a National guard black hawk to lift rock to the trails, But there are no trails on top of the knob. I have read that there is a UFO coradoor from Pilot Mt. up 52 to the blue ridge parkway.

I have lived here all my life and I have never heard about the silos, Please someone give me more information, I'll go out and check these site and get pics to post here if someone can give me detailed directions.

I have been tracking a story for 2 years about a secret base under Brown mountain, but have turn up nothing but talk....All of us that are intrested in this subject on Pilot mountain and NC should get together(online) share e-mails and such. Maybe we can prove this thing one way or the other. Like I said, I'll check it out in person if someone can get me close.........

Rik

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join