It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey to ats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
not democrat or republican or liberal or conservative or none of that, But I err on the side of supporting trump but I do not align myself with trump supporters. If some of them met me they’d want to lock me up and throw away the key, My username is gamer because call of duty and video games saved my life I don’t know where I’d be if I didn’t start to waste so much time playing video games, Or Or how I would’ve held up not being able to sleep at night. The gaming community is one that can’t be divided by Fat, skinny, Black, Asian, Left, Right because literally no one cares people may talk #t but if you’re a good player anyone will still team with you, And no one there cares about being politically correct or none of that.

I’ve been smoking since I was in middle school, All of our houses were section 8 or government projects, You don’t have to pay rent you only have to pay your light bill I think And the water bill and their my mom probably got food stamps, If you get a job they take most of your benefits and take you off of majority programs. The ones that’ll still help will not even give you a quarter of the amount you were getting, The more children you have, the more money you get from the programs and the more money you get when you get your tax returns or file fake taxes

Right now i live in some apartments I don’t know if they’re projects or not I can see a US federal prison from out of my back window and from the front outside my house is a graveyard up there street is a pawn shop, couple liquors stores, churches, gas stations, public schools and check cashing places we used to catch the bus and the train to the other side of town after we’d print up papers like we play sports and needed money for a trip to get donations, We also used to jump in their swimming pools with boxers on, This wasn’t frowned upon by my Mom of none of our parents it was actually encouraged, We did it almost every weekday, Also I never got in trouble for get suspended or put out of all the high schools I went to, I came to school late everyday because I used to get off the school bus and go smoke before I went to class, I did end up graduating from an alternative school where most the work was on computers and we could work at our own pace either on campus or at home and do it, I could probably have over 200+ years by now but I’m here sitting in a chair

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Greetings
And I hope you really are what your pseudonym implies.
Gaming has kept me sane for most of my long 6 decades on earth (at least 4 of them)

edit on 8/6/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: gamer2343

I'm 54.

About 14 years ago I broke my back, was stuck watching my wife moving us out of the house we loved and was told I'd probably never work again.

What I ended up with after the surgery was all the time in the world to watch my wife work two jobs and cook while I laid in bed.

Life was pretty grim for me and I am horribly self-sufficient. At one point my world got pretty black.

What I did have, however, was my son's laptop (he moved out and left it), a subscription to Guild Wars and my neighbor's wifi connection.

That game pretty much saved my life. Or my sanity... it was a way to escape reality until I got going again.

I still play it and Guild Wars 2. Every Saturday my kids and I get on and play. We all live in separate places on two continents. It has become a connection between us.

So I understand what a good game can do to help and welcome to ATS.

S&F....

edit on 6-8-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gamer2343

Yo, welcome. We dont judge. Hood is good as far as Im concerned. Be well.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Thanks for all the positive feedback I kind of expected to get a little backlash for how I was raised, And it definitely gets way worse than that.

But yes gaming definitely saved me I couldn’t sleep at night I always felt like something was watching me, I used to stay up playing call of duty all night every night, I went to sleep in class everyday. It definitely changed my personality a bit, I was able to maintain a bit of my sanity by detaching from everything.

I was up and saw a fluorescent orb one night is what led me to ats in the first place, This site and even competitive gaming is very very fringe to people like me

But yeah I could definitely be a pro competive gamer cod I’ve played agains pro players.

top topics

join