It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Aware numerous Definitive Muslim Extremest Compounds in the USA observe only bc no prob cause

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: TheJesuit
I care... I’m just too flabbergasted for words. How serious does it need to get before something is done ?

Well, we don't want to offend anyone or hurt someones feelings...

No kidding... same problem in Canada. Terrorists on a watch list , but they still manage to shoot up multiple people , killing some in the process.

This “ we can’t do anything until something happens “ is BS... and then when it does.. they scrub it off as “mental illness”.

edit on 8-8-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

So we should start charging people with thought crimes?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

Link

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

What do you think a no-fly list is? its a bunch of people who might do something if...

There are tons of examples of preemptive law enforcement. Granted, not all of them are constitutional, but they still happen. Civil forfeiture for example. You get stopped by the police who find a large sum of cash on you. You get to leave but your cash gets arrested for being suspect of involvement in illegal drug activity. Your cash cant defend itself, and you can kiss it goodbye. Not one law was broken by anyone, and the cash is still gone. It happens every day.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

There's a bit of a difference between your examples and arresting people even though they haven't committed a crime.

Far Right extremists commit more terror attacks in the US than Muslim extremists and yet anyone that suggests they be arrested for their ideology is told they hate the Constitution. Why is it okay to demand extremist Muslims be detained for their ideology by not Nazis?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I think that is a very thin line of what is considered an act of terrorism. For instance, antifa fits the description perfectly, except they are far left - and hell will freeze over before TPTB label them a terrorist group. But one guy with a right sided philosophy shoots a masked counter protester who hit him with a nightstick and its an act of terror.

"Terror" is used too often to describe far too many things. People have become desensitized to it and use it for every day events. Sort of like the word racist. It used to be reserved for people who were racist. Now its used on anyone who leans to the right - just because.

Philosophically I agree with you. It is in the implementation or restriction that I think we differ. I agree it is innocent until proven guilty and I fully agree with the concept of probable cause or an actionable offense. But there does need to be some method of intervention prior to the "event" on credible information. Of course, that leaves so much room for interpretation that it may never be clearly defined.

This is the world we live in. Get fondled before you get on a plane and there is nothing you can do about it. Fondle someone after you get on the plane and you do not pass go, you go directly to jail. In other words, we are treated like criminals until we prove we aren't. Not exactly what the framers of our Constitution had in mind...

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

If they are “ thinking “ about terrorist crimes and training young children to kill for them... hell yeah.. we should charge them with something !

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

If they are “ thinking “ about terrorist crimes and training young children to kill for them... hell yeah.. we should charge them with something !

Have you thought about commiting any crimes lately?

Remember what they say about people that want security over freedom...

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Have you thought about commiting any crimes lately?

Remember what they say about people that want security over freedom...

No... I haven’t thought about training children to kill , or committing any mass murders. Freedom does not mean you can plan on acting on such horrific crimes.

Yes... security is important ! What will it take in your life to see that ? A loved one being mowed over by terrorist in a vehicle ?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Well sounds to me like you don't deserve freedom or security, you can still change that perhaps if you are willing to learn from history...

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well sounds to me like you don't deserve freedom or security, you can still change that perhaps if you are willing to learn from history...

I have learned much from recent history... and that’s the history most applicable in light of this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join