It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia threatens to support Quebec’s secession from Canada.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheHenchman

Your OK has zero information about Quebec wanting to leave Canada.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

I doubt that.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Canada don't take no back-talk.....the Saudis are on their own....they have bilked Canada out of billions and billions of dollars by screwing with the price of oil ....or maybe they were always secretly working WITH Canada fixing oil prices and now they are looking for a little pay-back in the form of support.....lol...truly anyone trying to pick a fight with Canada has to do a lot better than this....the telling fact is that it is a youth group meaning there are young canadian raised and educated people behind the group and this is why they are viewing Canada as a negative its like trying to pick a fight with mom and dad so you can move out of the house under negative terms.......anyone older than 30 would have a completely different world view of Canada....it has to be some rotten spoiled little Canadian grown brats.....I hope that tidbit goes on to the Canadian intel bucket so they can follow the right popcorn trail …..

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: TheHenchman

Your OK has zero information about Quebec wanting to leave Canada.

The bottom line is this...time has moved on....Generations have passed ….no one cares about Quebecs identity issues anymore and no one is going to fight over it either...there is nothing to spark a fire with here....lol...nothing at all...

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I absolutely agree, this has nothing whatsoever to with the USA or Donald Trump.
And I can't imagine for one minute any Canadian wanting him to interfere.

Saudi Arabia has an appalling record on Human Rights and is the biggest single supporter and exporter of fundamental Islamic extremism and terrorism.

As with Iran there is an internal power struggle going on at present with many of the old guard resenting Mohammed bin Salman and his alleged reform programmes.
Bizarrely at the same time there has been a significant increase in arrests and detentions of domestic critics of MbS and pro-democracy leaders.
And The Wahhabi's who have a vice like control of all religious matters in Saudi - which is almost everything - resent MbS and were appalled that he allegedly stated to US Jewish leaders that 'Palestine doesn't come into the top hundred things that concern ordinary Saudi's'.

MbS needs to regain some kudos on the home front, I suspect he thinks Canada is an easy target.....I suspect he's very much wrong.

uk.businessinsider.com...

Nice little tweet from the Saudi Arabian government on Monday.

Saudi Arabia and Iran - two peas in a pod!
edit on 7/8/18 by Freeborn because: Grammar, just for a change

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Oh noes. The gay hangers are pissed at us. I might lose sleep over this.
Saber rattling only works when there's a threat. They've got none. Quebec separation is dead. That issue has been brought forth and was rejected...twice. It hasn'r been an issue for decades.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

newrepublic.com...

Saudi Arabia threatens to support Quebec’s secession from Canada. Relations between Canada and Saudi Arabia are at a low point after Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland criticized the oil-rich country’s human rights record last week. In response, Saudi Arabia has expelled Canada’s ambassador and suspended trade deals. Going further, the Saudi government even threatened to retaliate by intervening in Canada’s internal affairs.“Any further step from the Canadian side in that direction will be considered as acknowledgment of our right to interfere in the Canadian domestic affairs,” the Saudi government wrote. As BuzzFeed observes this threat was accompanied by a social media surge of Saudi Twitter accounts supporting Quebec independence and indigenous rights in Canada.
not op but found a link on what he was talking about

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join