It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia threatens to support Quebec’s secession from Canada.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I keep hearing about the Sauds on the attack mode towards Canada for keeping rights activists in their prison in Saudi Arabia, and they didn't seem to like being told what to do by the free thinking Western World, Canada, so now this.

What do you make of it? For a Human Rights UN Committee, are they wrong for attacking a Country bent on Supporting Human Rights, Womens Rights and other?

Seems really off to me.

newrepublic.com...

Long story short, any attention to Saudi Arabia came back to the LAVs. In a defensive reaction, the government figured it was better to just avoid talking about Saudi, period. The deal was upheld, but the rest of relations were paralyzed. This significantly frustrated the Saudis. -Thomas Juneau (@thomasjuneau) August 5, 2018

Normally, the United States would support Canada over Saudi Arabia in a human rights dispute. But this is no longer certain. President Donald Trump is generally pro-Saudi Arabia and has rocky relations with Justin Trudeau. As Bessma Momani, a professor of political science at the University of Waterloo, noted: Unlike any other time in modern history, Canada would expect the US to criticize the Saudi’s brash decision to recall Cdn Ambassador. But is Trump relishing in this attempt to slight Trudeau? Did Saudis clear this with DC first? Odd questions to ask, but we live in odd times.
— Bessma Momani (@b_momani) August 6, 2018

edit on 6-8-2018 by TheHenchman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
If Quebec wants to part with Canada, thats their decision. Unless you count Muslims voting along religious lines just because SA said so?

Doesnt amount to much IMO, its not like Canada needs anything from SA, you can get oil from other countries...like the US!

...wait...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Nm
edit on 8/6/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Quebec, from what I gather, has tried to separate from Canada before. But it's not a Quebec Decision, its a Canada decision, which means all Canadians involved which is why they had a referendum at the expense of All Canadians. And if Quebec got their way, they'd want the rest of Canada to keep on paying for them, which I doubt the residents of Canada would allow now or ever. So for the Sauds to say something like this, is an attempt to ridicule an entire Nation for standing up for itself against the low life's running Saudi Arabia.

They must think they're pretty powerful, saying things like this, attacking a Nation for standing up for Womens rights, Human rights. Who's in the wrong here?

The answer is staring the free world in the face.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheHenchman

From that article it seems they want the US to help.

Canada is a big Country, they don't need any help with this tiff.

Trudeau wants to play in the big leagues, this is it. I don't think he is ready.

Trump has no incentive to Bail him out. That's Politics.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Oh Canada
How have you been treating your allies....?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I just reported the news about trump, I have a different view point on it. I don't think Trudeau know's what he's dealing with but then again, I don't think Trump does either.

History if anyone has learned a damn thing from it, doesn't favor the good guys. So seeing what Saudi Arabia is doing to people who travel there to become inhouse maids and the corruption we've seen from the media on it, along with Saud beccome a 'human rights activist nation' makes me laugh Volumes.

They're a # joke.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I don't see where the US needs to get involved in this. It's between Canada and Saudi Arabia. Both are our allies, and we, for once, need to figure out where our nose don't fit.

The word is MAGA, not MCGA or MSAGA.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I doubt Trump comes to the rescue unless bombs are dropped, but I personally think Trump may use this situation as leverage to continue on with fixing our trade issues with Canada.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Read the post, and then ask yourself the same question again. Better Yet ask every Nation what they've been doing for the past 1000 years. Then dwell in your own hypocracy on who's better. No one is better, everyone is f'd at this point. So playing favorites really doesn't make any sense in the short of it.

No one understands honor and decency towards their fellow Man anymore, that's the problem.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I think the poster Bessma Momani (@b_momani) August 6, 2018 in this case, is concerned with the Trump Trudeau relationship, and that Trump is in cahoots with Saudi Arabia at the moment.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheHenchman
a reply to: TheRedneck

I think the poster Bessma Momani (@b_momani) August 6, 2018 in this case, is concerned with the Trump Trudeau relationship, and that Trump is in cahoots with Saudi Arabia at the moment.

He most certainly is in cahoots, he will be in cahoots with anyone that hosts one of his hotels.
SA is really far more of a problem than Iran, b it's all good cuz they buy weapons.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I guess Canada can do only one thing then, close all of Trumps Towers down, which may provoke the beast.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I guess Canada can do only one thing then, close all of Trumps Towers down.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Nickn3

Read the post, and then ask yourself the same question again. Better Yet ask every Nation what they've been doing for the past 1000 years. Then dwell in your own hypocracy on who's better. No one is better, everyone is f'd at this point. So playing favorites really doesn't make any sense in the short of it.

No one understands honor and decency towards their fellow Man anymore, that's the problem.

National relations are more than war. Walking into a meeting knowing who has your back is very important. It may even prevent conflict.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Well the Saudi's are hitting far above there own weight, they mistake the relatively small size of the Canadian population for weakness and do not understand just how tough and brave the Canadian's can be in war, and that is just for there friend's but threaten there family's and I suspect the Canadian Bear's - both of them will wake from there hibernation very hungry indeed.

Perhaps they should do some brushing up on there military history before they pick a fight with a nation that actually has both better soldiers and far more oil (even if that is in the form of shale oil and let's not forget all the other natural resources should the Canadian's ever choose to exploit them) then they do.
listverse.com...
www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca...
legionmagazine.com...

edit on 6-8-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Are you a Canadian? I've never heard a Cannuck sound so Nationalist!

Think of the World first!

We are citizens of the Globe.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I guess Canada can do only one thing then, close all of Trumps Towers down.

But they won't. Not only will y'all keep and support any Trump towers you have, your Country will accept our trade deal proposals. Bank on it!

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Meh, I doubt that would accomplish anything.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Canada actually has a higher population then Saudi i think ,other then trying to shut down oil to Canada and some trade what could they actually do to Canada? they sure as hell cant blockade Canada like they did to Yemen so not really seeing how Saudi can swing a big stick on this one

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join