It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Mag. 6.4 Shakes Iran - 500+ Dead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
while this is not the same scale of event as the 04 Tsunami/Quake event, and I pray the death toll doesn't even come close, I am interested to see the reaction of the Iranian govt and the world.

Iran might be hestitant to accept international help, current events could make them a little paranoid about foreigners entering their land.

Iran Earthquake Stats

Feb. 22, 2005: Central Iran, Zarand, magnitude 6.4; at least 231 killed.

- Dec. 26, 2003: Southeastern Iran, Bam, magnitude 6.5; 26,000 killed.

- May 28, 2003: Northern Iran, powerful quake kills at least 36, most of whom were in cars crushed by rocks that fell from mountains onto Tehran-Chalous road.

- June 22, 2002: Northwestern Iran, magnitude 6; at least 500 killed.

- May 10, 1997: Northern Iran, magnitude 7.1; 1,500 killed.

- June 21, 1990: Northwest Iran, magnitude 7.3-7.7; 50,000 killed.

- Sept. 16, 1978: Northeast Iran, magnitude 7.7; 25,000 killed.

[edit on 2-22-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH
I wonder if Iran is pondering the question "Is God trying to tell us something?"

Now that is silly.
Does any other nation think that when for example, 4 hurricans hit in one year all right in a row. Also does that nation think the same when last year was a record for tornados. How about mudslides, flooding could go on and on. God isn't doing this.

[edit on 22-2-2005 by valkeryie]

I think this can be taken a a philisophical level since Iran is an Islamic state. They see things slightly different than it would be seen in secular states. Yes it is a tragedy but with all the major catastrophes that stuck Iran I think this will become an issue in Iran. Although the Ayatolas will probably claim that GOD is punishing them for not being more proactive against the infidels.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I'm sitting here wondering, why did this board see so much compassion towards the victims of the Tsunami, and many are making jokes about the Iranians.....I don't understand this. People are people, lives were lost....what makes this disaster so jokeable guys?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
they will deny help from the outside, so the u s doesnt try anything.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Don't be ridiculous, everyone knows that the cosmic rays emitting from HAARP refracted through a pocket of swamp gas onto the hollow moon, causing it to ring like a bell which alerted the Reptilians to prime their death ray mounted on Venus which fired but accidently hit a Gray ship which promptly crashed into the ground, deteonating it's Anti-Matter core - casuing the Earthquake..

Sheesh it's not that complicated..

LMFAO!!! That quote right there just made my day.

Would you two be joking and laughing like that if the U.S. or Puerto Rico got hit by an earthquake???

[edit on 22-2-2005 by TheBandit795]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Here's a better site, IMO to track recent earthquakes:

www.iris.edu...

If I recall, in the December 2003 earthquake, Iran did not want any foreigners to come in and help.

Let us hope that the earthquake did not disturb any nuclear reactors. It'll be like Chernobyl (spelling?) ... they'll deny it.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I'm sitting here wondering, why did this board see so much compassion towards the victims of the Tsunami, and many are making jokes about the Iranians.....I don't understand this. People are people, lives were lost....what makes this disaster so jokeable guys?

Exactly! This is a terrible tradgedy and likely those killed aren't the ones responsible for the actions of their tyrannical leaders. These were human beings too and some were likely innocent children. We may disagree with them philosophically and religiously but because they would ignorantly celebrate our death does not mean we are justified in the same. Whether or not this was the will of God, we must accept it but that does not mean we are to be void of compassion.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

SARBAGH, Iran - Under a cold, driving rain, survivors wailed over the bodies of the dead and dug through the ruins of mud-brick houses searching for their loved ones after a powerful earthquake flattened villages in central Iran on Tuesday, killing at least 420 people.

Iran Hunts for Survivors in Deadly Quake

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Death Toll upped to 500 and is expected to rise
Rescuers Expect Iran Death Toll to Rise

President Bush also expressed his condolences. "The United States stands ready to assist the people of Iran in responding to this tragedy, and we will be in contact with the government of Iran to offer concrete help," a written statement from the White House said.

The Iranian government - which shuns direct contacts with the United States - has so far not asked directly for international help. Still, the Japanese government announced Wednesday that it would send blankets, tents and other aid worth $191,000 to aid quake victims.

"It has been raining and gotten cold there and many houses collapsed," Chief Cabinet Secretary Hiroyuki Hosoda said, hinting Japan may provide additional support. "We would like to monitor the situation and talk further with the Iranian government."

The Iranian Army said a crisis center has been established to assist with relief and that a number of aircraft had been used to fly aid in from Tehran.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Yes, the first thing that came into my head, was HAARP. It was a bit too coincidental with this eminent invasion of Iran, the UFO encounters, and the friendly fire drills and remember, there is quite a lot of materials to suggest that tectonic weapons do exist. This may be the first real indication that US has used a tectonic weapon. I wonder if there is any evidence of an anamolie in the seismologist readings.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
This may be the first real indication that US has used a tectonic weapon. I wonder if there is any evidence of an anamolie in the seismologist readings.

What indication about the US using a "tectonic weapon"?....

Because there was an earthquake in Iran, it must have been the US behind the earthquake?..... unbelivable......

I just fear for these people, I don't see that the earthquakes are slowing down in that area, and I have been checking IRIS everyday for a couple of months now, there is also increase frequency in earthquakes in the west too. Even in the US we have had earthquakes were there never was one before, that we know of. I just really hope no more major eathquakes take the lives of anyone, but it seems the contrary will probably occur...

if you check the IRIS site now, you will see even more earthquakes still hitting that area.
www.iris.edu...

[edit on 24-2-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Well, if it was HAARP, then the system obviously needs some work on its targeting tech. If it was a strategic hit, you'd think they'd hit a major city or a nuclear reactor/research site.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
[sarcasm]It was all Allah's fault for not nuking the US fast enough.... Seems Allah is very pissed off... [/sarcasm]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I feel for the familys and the lost...
it is a tragedy...
now that said...it is also ironic (not funny) that just a few weeks ago the iranian mullahs were pointing to the word of allah (photoshopped) on the beach in Puhket...saying that it was gods punishment...
i wonder if the Puhketian mullahs can look for the word allah in any of the iranian rubble.

and thanks for the stats worldwatcher, they make a very good point for the previous poster,
that iran is NOT a good place for a nuke reactor...
(much like diablo canyan nuke reactor in California)

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
and thanks for the stats worldwatcher, they make a very good point for the previous poster,
that iran is NOT a good place for a nuke reactor...
(much like diablo canyan nuke reactor in California)

Well, in that point at least i agree with you. But then we would also have to say the same about nuclear reactors in Japan, which gets it's share of earthquakes.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
yes, isn't it just asking for another chernobyl, when they put nuke reactors right on fault lines?
all it takes for a world killing explosion is a little crack... the width of a nanohair...
and ALL the issues of NWO and global warming become like gnats in the air...

I hope i never see another chernobyl in my life... and i hope we have truly seen the worst of that particular explosion...

many scientists at the time, said the reaction wouldn't stop until it reached the molten iron core of the world. maybe it didn't stop... maybe the tsunamis and increase in the "ring of fire" tremors is a result of past mistakes?

I would really rather never find out, and i really don't want to test the process again...
why can't these guys figure out that in the long haul, solar and wind is so much cheaper and safer... (you have to add the cost of storage of nuclear material over thousands of years... anything is cheaper than that).

i hope that at least one positive comes from this, the universal pressure to prevent another chernoblyl... (not likely)

BTW... if we offered them cheap solar panels (ours are a bargain right now, due to our falling dollar) they might just decide to work with us and not against us...
i always try to find the "kill two birds with one stone" solutions... might as well dream big...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join