It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spies Are More Common, and Boring Than You (are told to) Think

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Looks like the controlled media has gotten orders to make sure the US public knows that spies are EVERYWHERE.... (except Dianne Feinstein, her 20 year spy is left out of the opinion piece)

In this "opinion" piece the author brings up a NRA spy and spying in silicon valley. But oddly enough leaves out the 20 year infiltration of Dianne Feinstein person staff by a chinese "spy" for some 20 years. Odd indeed.

One former American counterintelligence officer estimated that there were about 100,000 foreign agents spying on the U.S., working for about 60 to 80 nations. To put that in perspective, there are about 50,000 coal miners in the U.S., or half the number of foreign spies.
www.bloomberg.com...

No mention of this story that had very short legs in the media indeed.

Feinstein reportedly had no idea that her office was being infiltrated by a man who was feeding information to an individual linked to China’s Ministry of State Security. She was “mortified” when the FBI showed up at her Washington DC office five years ago to warn her about the mole.
thefederalist.com...

edit on 6-8-2018 by atsgrounded because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: atsgrounded

Why not just title this "come bash Diane Feinstein".

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

She is pretty horrible.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Because the Dems are so honest and open, they'd never imagine anyone else could ......

Damn. Almost got that out without laughing.

.......almost.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Why not just title this "come bash Diane Feinstein".

Please point out where I "bashed" Dianne.....

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Friend of mine was a spy, worked for an international aid agency, traveling the world, gathering intelligence, mostly in conflict zones, handing it over to the government he was working for (not sure who)
Strangely enough he was more secretive about what his civilian duties were than his "information gathering" role

Oh, and he was paid very handsomely by the ngo aid agency that was supported by public donations

Don't know Feinstein but spying is pretty common

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It gets even more hysterical when you compare the Feinstein Chi-Comm spy and how the FBI handled it... with how they handled the Trump campaign and the "threat of a spy".

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

They are ?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Yes spies are everywhere, so cut Dainne some slack.

She is the victim.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I would be surprised if the number is really as low as 100k.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: atsgrounded
a reply to: M5xaz

Yes spies are everywhere, so cut Dainne some slack.

She is the victim.

Cut her some slack ?

At the risk of repeating myself:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Everyone spies on everyone and if you think there aint US spies reporting in what the Canadian PM has had for breakfast I'd be amazed.

Its not so much the sudden find of that they're going to do X but thats a good find but just the profile building of not just the upper class of politicians but the people on the street as you gain info in the coffee bars listening to just how the natives talk.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

You'd be a twit to become a spy.

Every department is compartmentalized.

All the best spies have to be detached from the human consequences of what they are required to do.

So every 'manager' gets to the top by being a bigger sociopath, manipulating, controlling and tormenting those below them.

There is no oversight, because of the compartmentalization, so they can become particularly vicious and twisted without fear of reprisal.

So many bright eyed and intelligent people become grist to the mill of a feeble minded office tyrant.

If they ask, my advice is, don't - and tell them why. Chances they are trapped in the system, too.

top topics

join