It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found kitten! More than likely abandoned

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: wylekat

ending up outside after he decided to go chase his g/f (SHE up and decided to run out the door), showed up a week later looking really awful.

I hope they are spayed and neutered, all of the death out there and disease with so many breeding everywhere.

He is- her... she didn't stay long enough for me to find out. :/

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: wylekat

Suppose the cat accidentally got out and now some child is crying for their lost kitten.
You may want to put up a sign where you found him and let people know in case someone is looking for their pet.

It is kind of you to take care of the baby though.

We got our little Mia the same way. She was wandering around the parking lot at the mall. There were two of them but after getting her to the car with the same results of needle teeth puncturing my husband's hands when he went back he could not find the other one.

I'm also going to check for lost kitten signs around there as well. I am going to HOPE it just got loose, but this isn't the first wandering around in distress animal I've seen around here. I never did find that dog...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Well, he's not feral. He was just really upset. He's been fed, watered, and will lift his head for pets now.

He also happily passes out in one's lap.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Suppose the cat accidentally got out and now some child is crying for their lost kitten.

It's way too small to be a lost kitten

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
DAWWWWW, he's so cute!

Found friends make the best ones, our cat was abandoned as a kitten and we kept him.
Tracked down the howling to a tree, out in the pouring rain. He was up in it screaming his terrified ass off. I managed to coax him out of the tree and took him in to clean him up & dry him off. He bolted back out the door when it was opened, hunkered down in the engine of my husband's truck. He fished him out of there (wasn't happy, either) and I got him cleaned up again, with my husband telling me through the door, "He goes to the shelter tomorrow!" Eh, "tomorrow" came & went, and the kitten won him over.
He's still here 12 years later, hubs' best buddy. I mean, he's practically dog-like in his attachment to hubby, we just don't have to take him on walks. Waits for him at the door after work and the whole nine yards. God forbid he's late, too, I swear that cat can tell time. He starts to get very antsy if he doesn't walk in exactly on time, even if it's just 5 minutes late, lol.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

Well, he's not feral. He was just really upset.

lol... well yeah, we can all relate to just being a little upset, I suppose.

Anyway, sorry dude, didn't mean to be offend by using the word "feral" to describe your new little family member.

You've obviously done a really good thing by taking the little guy into your home and I'm sure he'll make an awesome addition to your family for years to come.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Aw, my favorite little tabbies! Great gesture to bring him in. From the pic at least, he does look alert, being a good sign of course. As mentioned already, isolation for a bit or until you can have his health checked. Putting up a found post in the neighborhood and net as well.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Anyway, sorry dude, didn't mean to be offend by using the word "feral" to describe your new little family member.

He *did* latch into my hand like he was! I was wondering that myself.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

He's been allowed to sleep away from everyone, with food, water, and a litter box- and is recovering quite well. He's been attacking his food still, and has slowed his water intake to what I am guessing is normal- his first pee (where he didn't even get to the box) stank 10x worse than usual, also was that slight orange color people get when they are dehydrated. He's been washed, wormed, and deflea'd as well... he had those big fleas.

If I don't see any responses to flyers, or see any, when he's older, he gets neutered. From some of his reactions, I'm more and more inclined to think he was an escapee from abuse, and/ or thrown out. He will also be getting a checkup as time allows. Back to school is tomorrow, and mayhem begins.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join