It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANTIFA terrorists destroy USMC office and attack bystanders in video

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

it is the duty of the law to use discretion when determining enforcement

And you seem to be arguing against using discretion.

I am saying arrest when possible, but if not possible one has to use violence to stop violence. You seem to be saying that the police should just walk up to a group of individuals igniting cars on fire and smashing windows and say "Excuse me, but if you don't mind I'm supposed to arrest you."

Am I reading you wrong on this?

If you are driving along one day and your car is suddenly surrounded by a group of people beating on the windows and busting out lights with baseball bats, do you want the cops to try to arrest them nicely if they cooperate, or do you want the cops to stop the violence? If the latter, you do realize that might mean a couple of the thugs destroying your car to get to you might get a case of lead poisoning, right?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I still don't get why you guys are so upset about Antifa or as I like to call them..."12 guys in black pajamas, who watch too many youtube videos on martial arts and live in their moms basements playing fortnight."

If someone breaks the law, call the police. Easy.

This is very serious stuff...

judychop

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Now we all know why you want an armored car, you're having fantasies of running over people you disagree with, the armored car to protect you as you flee the scene.....

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

If someone breaks the law, call the police. Easy.

According to some members, that won't work unless the troublemakers agree to be arrested peaceably...

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I am against the idea of "putting them down" but I am completely in favor of unleashing the full force of law enforcement when they start to riot.

It should not be tolerated when either right or left wing riots and should be suppressed for the safety of the general public, the right to assemble is very important to America but the key word is peacefully.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

That's exactly what we...err... "they" want you to believe.

And I was.. errr... wasn't Antifa member for decades, but pyjamas are not the best choice here. Especially, when you can call yourself lucky with a pair of tactical slippers in store.

Back to the topic at hand:

www.wn.de...

Can we kill all (other) bikers just to make sure the speed limits remain unharmed? This is fcking outrageous!!!111 Also, we need better AI-dick-recognition! I'm sure we could identify him with his dick-pics from a Tinder profile...

Thank you all for making this happen, I never thought there would be a thread that addresses my grievances properly. And all this without the hammer, a sick-le and two windows to make a cracking point with.

edit on 6-8-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I appreciate your reply
Sincerely. I will do my best to respond with the same thoughtful openness

I will be sincere too. Frankly, my heart was broken when this country elected Donald Trump. It was like I was drowning in a sea of heartbreak. Everything he campaigned for, that people would support it, that they shared all those traits and regression, and suppression and oppression, lack of decency and values, open dishonesty, and all those characteristics I so detest. I thought for a while, that all along I'd been living in a dream, a bubble, in which I imagined people were good, and decent, open to change for the better, willing to help those who needed it, assist our allies all over the world, if they needed it. Fighting for justice. All that vanished for me when he was elected. *poof*. Gone. It was like I found myself in another world.

So. What do we do with that?

That I understand, I was actually fairly shocked myself when Trump was announced the President elect. I can't personally speak to some of the thoughts/feelings you mentioned, because I know I personally spent far too much gloating and carrying on feuds from the months before the election. In hindsight, it was a pretty crappy thing to do in the sense that it was absolutely not the best thing for our country or healing the divisions

My hope is that we can move forward as a nation, unified at least in our common love for this country. Presidents and politicians will always come and go, but in the end we are "stuck with" one another and I would not have it any other way. I can say that for the first time in my life, I am concerned that our political environment is deteriorating to the point we are actually at risk of large scale violence or even a second civil war.

I am certain that calling for a military response was a terrible idea- especially given my libertarian leanings it is fairly absurd -as something that would almost certainly kick off any potential conflict. I just let my own frustration get the better of me, and I made some pretty off the wall blanket statements especially the things I wrote about my fellow ATSers

Can you accept I'm patriotic too? I mean, I don't have a flag on my front lawn, and I accept other countries are as good as we are, but I love my country, and I'm glad I live here, and I would do whatever was needed of me to maintain it.

Absolutely! I do not "look down" on the left-wing or see you (and others) as any less patriotic/American than myself or other Trump voters. I actually think the left has a lot of heart and great ideas, and I love the fact that the American left is so passionate about civil rights. I truly do, and I respect each and every one of you for that. In my eyes (and in the eyes of objective reality) you are every bit a much of a patriot and red blooded American as the next

I know the majority of the left is focused on fixing this country, and are equally frustrated at the current path we're on as a nation. can't say I agree completely with the left's (speaking in general terms only) prevailing analysis against Trump, but since we are being genuine I can see why some people would be hurt at the things he says. Whether he intends it that way or not, he says (and especially tweets) a lot of things I could personally do without

I would really like to point out that it is I who should do a much better job at ensuring my statements are not generalized and over-simplifying an entire political spectrum. We may politically disagree on certain topics but I will listen to opposing ideas all day long. I just personally draw the line at violence and intimidation, and I suppose that outrage is what boiled over earlier causing me to write the overboard and hyperbolic OP. Which of course is not the best way forward for our country, and I do realize that... I suppose I was just venting, probably should have put it in the "rant" forum instead in retrospect

So,where do we go from here?

I hope we can move toward common ground, or at least agree to disagree and let others live their lives how they want to live it

I know I am sick of the awful political environment in this country, and it is depressing to see the same fights being had day after day (not just here, but everywhere really). Of course I realize it is wrong to lay that blame squarely on any one person/party/group, and that it had probably all been building up for quite some time. I just hate seeing our fellow Americans being denied their 1st amendment rights not by government but by folks who are supposed to be our fellow citizens

And I'm not talking about just me and you, but I'm talking about all of us. What do we do with all this heartbreak, frustration and disappointment? All these adversarial assertions and ideas? All these emotions that are sometimes all over the place.

This is so cliché, but I regularly must tell myself to "accept the things I cannot change", while simultaneously resigned to not become complacent. I remember that a flag is fabric, a symbol and a person is flesh and blood. When push comes to shove, nobody is going to silence us -- as a country. It's the foundation of our democracy.

I understand, and you are right... I don't know of anyone who has genuinely asked this question and came up with an answer. I do know that reading things like you wrote gives me hope that a bright future (something everyone can live with) is still achievable

In my opinion at least, it is good that others can find ways to vent that frustration/heart break and anger. Or at least in ways that doesn't go too far and someone end up getting hurt or killed. I don't think it is cliche, or at the very least it is still wise. A tendency I've seen (from all "sides") is to take a specific opinion/view/belief and try to put it into law. For instance, those attacking Roe v. Wade or attacking gun owners - those folks aren't even trying to compromise with the other crowd of ~60 million Americans

So, tell me J.Burns. Do you think I'm mentally retarded? Do you think I'm a despicable thug who doesn't deserve to live among decent republicans?

Not in the least, quite the opposite actually

Even though you see things in another way, can you find a way to respect what I think?

eta: Okay. I've rolled over and shown you my tender under-belly. Be thoughtful.

I do respect what you think, and you as a person. And I apologize for saying anything that could even imply otherwise

(and don't worry, I think we all have a tender under-belly
)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

. See how un-American DNC aligned ANTIFA is. I have yet to see any mainstream Democrats denouncing and publicly rejecting ANTIFA goons.

Really? I haven't seen the DNC endorse ANTIFA.

While I don't like extremism in any form (right or left) I think it's hyperbole to say that just because you don't like them that they are aligned with another group with which you don't agree.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Am I reading you wrong on this?

Toats

I do not feel i was anywhere near claiming that leo's should ignore harm to others or property.

I very much value the non aggression principle

Libertarians oppose the initiation of force to achieve social or political goals. They reject “first-strike” force, fraud or theft against others; they only use force in self-defense. Those who violate this “non-aggression principle” are expected to make their victims whole as much as possible.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Firstly, thank you for your sincerity. That's the JBurns I remember from 2009.

I will be sincere too. Frankly, my heart was broken when this country elected Donald Trump. It was like I was drowning in a sea of heartbreak. Everything he campaigned for, that people would support it, that they shared all those traits and regression, and suppression and oppression, lack of decency and values, open dishonesty, and all those characteristics I so detest. I thought for a while, that all along I'd been living in a dream, a bubble, in which I imagined people were good, and decent, open to change for the better, willing to help those who needed it, assist our allies all over the world, if they needed it. Fighting for justice. All that vanished for me when he was elected. *poof*. Gone. It was like I found myself in another world. I thought I knew the American people, my people, my countrymen/women. Turns out I didn't. (I'm telling you this because it was what it was like for me.

So. What do we do with that?

How do we manage these differences? In your post, you paint a picture of a very patriotic man.

Can you accept I'm patriotic too? I mean, I don't have a flag on my front lawn, and I accept other countries are as good as we are, but I love my country, and I'm glad I live here, and I would do whatever was needed of me to maintain it.

So,where do we go from here?

And I'm not talking about just me and you, but I'm talking about all of us. What do we do with all this heartbreak, frustration and disappointment? All these adversarial assertions and ideas? All these emotions that are sometimes all over the place.

This is so cliché, but I regularly must tell myself to "accept the things I cannot change", while simultaneously resigned to not become complacent. I remember that a flag is fabric, a symbol and a person is flesh and blood. When push comes to shove, nobody is going to silence us -- as a country. It's the foundation of our democracy.

So, tell me J.Burns. Do you think I'm mentally retarded? Do you think I'm a despicable thug who doesn't deserve to live among decent republicans?

Even though you see things in another way, can you find a way to respect what I think?

eta: Okay. I've rolled over and shown you my tender under-belly. Be thoughtful.

I'm not JB, but I would LOVE to discuss these issues with you, and speaking frankly and honestly, brother, (or sister, if that's the case. I don't judge): ), I think you made a GREAT post!

I realize this is the Mud-Pit, but If you would be so kind as to indulge me, I really would consider it a favor.

So, proceeding on that assumption, I have a few questions and points that I'd like for you to elaborate on.

I have no idea whether or not you were a Hillary supporter, but judging from the tone of your post, I would assume that you were NOT a Trump supporter, right?

You say your heart was broken when this country elected Trump. Can you elaborate on that? Why was your heart broken? Specifically, I mean. I assume that you used that particular terminology for a reason, yes?

So could you explain? And I would you again to please be specific.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Nope you are absolutely right, the DNC has not endorsed them or their activities. There have been a few ranking members of congress who would not denounce their activities, but the vast majority have (even if tepidly)

It was wrong to imply they are aligned with another group I disagree with

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
ANTIFA in Philly.

Here's a fun one. An all-white mob of ANITFA activists showed up and hounded Charlie Kirk and Candace Owens out of the restaurant they were eating breakfast in. The ANTIFA lot were shouting "F*** White Surpemacy!" at the two which is funny considering who Candace Owens is, and when the Philly Police showed up to keep them safe after someone doused Charlie with water, the ANTIFA lot started calling the police race traitors (all the police were minorities).

Imagine if a bunch of white conservatives did the same thing to a young pair of liberals with one of them being black.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I do not feel i was anywhere near claiming that leo's should ignore harm to others or property.

Then what are we arguing about?

I definitely believe law enforcement should always attempt to arrest, but when I watch footage of a line of police standing there behind their shields, watching these thugs burning, looting, trashing everything in sight... I'm sorry, but that is NOT how it is supposed to work! These are criminals and should... no, must... be treated like criminals. That means arrest if possible, but use whatever is necessary to stop the violence. Had that been done the first several times ANTIFA started rioting, we wouldn't be having this discussion, because there wouldn't be any ANTIFA riots.

I understand non-aggression, but we live in a world where aggression exists whether we want it to or not. Ignoring aggression only causes it to intensify. Stopping it early causes there to be less aggression. And responding to a violent act is not first-strike force. I am actually confused how you can claim to subscribe to non-aggression, yet openly support the violence of ANTIFA.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
ANTIFA in Philly.

Here's a fun one. An all-white mob of ANITFA activists showed up and hounded Charlie Kirk and Candace Owens out of the restaurant they were eating breakfast in. The ANTIFA lot were shouting "F*** White Surpemacy!" at the two which is funny considering who Candace Owens is, and when the Philly Police showed up to keep them safe after someone doused Charlie with water, the ANTIFA lot started calling the police race traitors (all the police were minorities).

Imagine if a bunch of white conservatives did the same thing to a young pair of liberals with one of them being black.

The police would be called. They would take care of it.

People on both sides would feign outrage and the world would move on.

You guys need to find better things to do with your time. Using politics and current events as your daily soap opera fix is not good for the soul.

It's making you guys bitter and, honestly, a bit loony.
edit on 6-8-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Sounds like more smith-mundt attacks.

The police weren't around.

"Someone warned us the police weren't around"

Lame sauce

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

All the Stars for you, fellow frenemy!

I know the majority of the left is focused on fixing this country,

For discussions sake, let me chime in here for a second. The majority of the left is focused on fixing this world with all it's wars against everything, the pollution, injustice and growing inequality going on.

What you call "the left" tends to refer to your fellow American leftish centrist under the same corporate yoke. I wonder how this new social democracy movement will turn out, though. But up to this point it was a Total War waging police state with a clear lack of real alternatives on the left.

It's exactly what Eisenhower warned you about. And here we are, with you rightwingnuts calling desperate and frustrated American youngsters "terrorists", for cracking windows during another counter-protest in this land of the working poor. Dada Siegt, eh! Eventually.

C'mon man, I know you can solve this riddle! Here's a hint: "It's the economy, stupid!"

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

edit on 6-8-2018 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Devil get's a woody when people smoke a joint...then he sends out energies into the world

Antifa feels as though the government is too aggressive into our lives and they have too push back or else the feds will overtake our freedoms..it is true imo

The reason so many disagree in this thread is because many that are against antifa take all their negative actions over the last couple years and lump them into one giant stone to throw at this situation that as far as i can tell was not violent nor fiery.

As far as i know the violence and damage has been prosecuted against antifa.

Now if we look at this single event and look at it in terms of energies then many come to the conclusion that the cops were more violent. I do not really know if that is true but i am just trying to express to other viewpoint.

You gotta know that there was an exact point in our beginning as a country where the king felt as though we were toats lawless and needed to be put in our place. I do not think antifa wants any change other than personal freedom and the free market restored.

In recent months on here i have givin examples of gov. overreach in terms of things like immigration and taxes and those issues are at the forefront of the movement.

Both sides are correct to a point but only one side winning can result in getting our freedoms back and guess what? The feds are not handing our freedoms back without a fight.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I think it's time for you Americans to start alarming the authorities when threads with such a threatening message pop up.
For your own sake. These fringe right wing elements will sooner or later use radical-muslim tactics and blow themselves up.. Mark my words

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Arg. I apologize. You guys were right.

I was just outside, yelling across the parking lot at a friend about a grappling tournament we do "NAGA" for North American Grappling Association and drinking my ice tea with a straw. Not in California, so thought I was safe to use the straw, but they must have thought I yelled Maga instead of Naga.

Without warning, 12 skinny guys in black pajamas pushed me and yelled mean things at me. Just got out of the ER with a bruised ego. Lesson learned. Those guys were mean. One even tried to karate chop me.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join