It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another good guy with a gun saves the day..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Even better is to manufacture "zip" guns that won't even function, but the jurisdiction pays you full price for them. With a pipe cutter and some sheet metal, plus a wooden grip, you can crank out a half dozen zip guns.

A great fundraiser for your local "set." You can make enough money to buy matching colors...

or buy some real guns...

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: tovenar
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Even better is to manufacture "zip" guns that won't even function, but the jurisdiction pays you full price for them. With a pipe cutter and some sheet metal, plus a wooden grip, you can crank out a half dozen zip guns.

A great fundraiser for your local "set." You can make enough money to buy matching colors...

or buy some real guns...

Yupp people do it all the time and I actually don’t feel bad about it if the system is that poorly implemented I can’t knock people gaming their system.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: uninspired

a reply to: JBurns

How did the second gunman have time to asses the situation, load and take the safety off, aim and fire in the time-frame? It is more likely he was prepared to fire before the first shot.

As someone who carries...what are you going on about? Load the gun? It's already loaded. I carry a Glock 23, no safety, even if the gun has a safety if you know how to use the gun, that isn't an issue. Tired of people with no gun experience thinking they have the answers. That is like going to a mechanic to have your tonsils removed.

Isn't it a bit irresponsible to carry a handgun with no safety and a bullet chambered?

No...you need to draw and fire. Do you think the police carry with no round chambered? Clearly you need to get educated, and in a way you are, and I am always willing to teach people even if they don't agree with me.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

But let's take your argument to the logical conclusion and ban all guns.

Then only criminals would have them.

Should really stop mass shootings, right?

As opposed to a good guy stopping a bad guy because he had a gun.

Of course a ban on guns for the general public doesn't mean you disarm the police.

So the net result of a ban on guns is that there would be fewer criminals with access to guns and exactly the same number of armed police as there is now.

The whole "then only criminals would have guns" argument is stupid.

No it isn't guns flow across the border INTO the states from Mexico, and the same idiots that want to disarm law abiding citizens want to open the border. It's like 1+1=2 is too hard for some people. Not to mention, if guns were banned today...there are still enough guns in the states to arm every man woman and child...but somehow the criminals won't have access. I don't know what you're smoking...but it must be one hell of a drug.

Have a look at the gun buybacks & confiscations which other countries have implemented. How could you reasonably assume that the number of guns in criminal hands would not reduce subsequent to a gun ban?

No, because criminals have guns now, they won't be confiscated nor will the criminals take them to turn them in, nor will many many people. That pesky...shall not be infringed line really gets in the way thankfully. What works for some countries won't work here as we share a border with Mexico and ... hell drugs are illegal and they flow like water across the border, guns do as well, do you think that would decrease or increase with a ban? That would create a higher demand ... and thus a greater influx, again with also wanting an open border...

I'll keep my guns thanks. Those that don't want guns are more than free to go where guns are prohibited.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

a reply to: JBurns

How did the second gunman have time to asses the situation, load and take the safety off, aim and fire in the time-frame? It is more likely he was prepared to fire before the first shot.

As someone who carries...what are you going on about? Load the gun? It's already loaded. I carry a Glock 23, no safety, even if the gun has a safety if you know how to use the gun, that isn't an issue. Tired of people with no gun experience thinking they have the answers. That is like going to a mechanic to have your tonsils removed.

Isn't it a bit irresponsible to carry a handgun with no safety and a bullet chambered?
There are safeties just no manual safety, the first safety being that firing pin is not extended back far enough to be able to have enough energy to strike the primer until the trigger is pulled (a drop safety sort of a halfway between single and double action type fire control) and then their is the main safety feature which is a small nub on the end of the trigger that must be depressed before the trigger can be pulled (this happens automatically as you put your finger on the trigger) it’s main function is to prevent the trigger getting caught on something causing a negligent discharge. Personally I’m a XD man which adds in a back strap safety. Also firearm handling plays the biggest role in safety.

Thanks for adding that BigDave. Yes technically the Glock has a safety, just not in the traditional sense that most people think. I was pushed towards the Glock by my father in law who is retired CHP, and it is what I'm used to now, many of my friends carry the M&P Shield. At the end of the day, you should carry what you are comfortable with, there is no "best" carry gun for everyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join