It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another good guy with a gun saves the day..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
As usual, since law abiding Americans are NOT criminal gangbangers, another law abiding citizen has saved a life with their privately owned/carried firearm.

www.foxnews.com...

This occurred at a school event, and it is said the defender averted a mass-incident.

An armed bystander shot a man who opened fire at a Florida park filled with over 100 people -- including children -- for a Saturday back-to-school cookout, officials said.

The Titusville Police Department said in a news release the man was involved in a fistfight with another person at the Issac Campbell Park and left around 5:20 p.m. -- only to return with a gun minutes later and start shooting.

A bystander, who was lawfully licensed to carry a firearm, then shot the gunman.

Well done, hero patriot.
edit on 8/6/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Guess this will be top off the fold and the first story in the MSM, right......?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

All this is such common sense... when you have seconds and the police are minutes away, the only way to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun.

Now if only the left in this country could be brought up to speed on it.

Of course, those self-proclaimed intellectually superior citizens can't understand the simple phrase "shall not be infringed", so probably not.

Kudos to the gentleman... who knows how many he saved.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Shal not be infringed.

Bummed that this guy had to shoot someone- sounds awful.
Glad he did it, though. All it would have taken was for this guy to be in the porta-poty at the time and this could have gotten way worse- and then on top of it, we'd have people pushing to make it so this hero couldn't have been legally armed, ensuring the next shooting can only be safer for the shooter.

A++, Good on you, florida man.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Cool outcome for the normals......we can open carry now so we don't need a permit or a license..right in my front pocket with the shorter clip.....XDM by....Springfieltd

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Good on him. Seeing as what this piece is intended though... what are the numbers saved versus lost in these situations?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Cool outcome for the normals......we can open carry now so we don't need a permit or a license..right in my front pocket with the shorter clip.....XDM by....Springfieltd

( deep breath ).....MAGAZINE!! NOT "CLIP"!

I'm better now.
Carry on.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Most saved by a gun, particularly if there's no shooting, don't get reported.

I've had two instances where my gun saved what probably would have been bad situations. One was a gentleman looking to break into my house with a sledge hammer--I've related this elsewhere on ATS before--didn't call the cops, the second was, though I can't be positive, an ex-con with a beef against my sister.

He demanded to see her, I said no, he started pounding on the door, I told him I was armed--I was--and that if he came in, he'd leave dead. Not quite in those words, but that was the gist of it.

Racked the slide on the ol' pump gun, he left rapidly. The cops picked him up after he accosted someone at the mall right down the street.

It's only a guess on my part, but most incidents end with no shots fired, and it would be a "he said/he said" situation that most people don't have time to deal with, nor do they want to. So any stats that purport to show anything are probably off more than slightly. MHO, of course.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Clip. Clip. Clip. Clip. Clip.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

That's reasonable. I was just responding to the intent of this topic.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Yeah, I knew that. But it's always good to get that out there. Any stats that claim to be correct on this issue are blowin' smoke.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Good on him. Seeing as what this piece is intended though... what are the numbers saved versus lost in these situations?

www.forbes.com...

Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million, in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008.

www.forbes.com...

In 1996, 1997, and 1998, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) conducted large-scale surveys asking about defensive gun use (DGU) in four to six states. Analysis of the raw data allows the estimation of the prevalence of DGU for those areas. Estimates based on CDC’s surveys confirm estimates for the same sets of states based on data from the 1993 National Self-Defense Survey (Kleck and Gertz 1995). Extrapolated to the U.S. as a whole CDC’s survey data imply that defensive uses of guns by crime victims are far more common than offensive uses by criminals. CDC has never reported these results.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
That was a death penalty, seemed to work effectively

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

One must ask, what are they putting in the water in Florida--there are waaaay too many incidents coming from that single state to be coincidence.

What gives? Is the heat/humidity just getting to these people? A higher amount of psychotropic drugs taken there (both legally and illegally)? People getting fed up with dealing with all of the retirees and their bad driving?

Seriously, what's up with Florida? They've become the Gunshine State as of late.

And, of course, mad props to the fellow firearm carrier. I bet those anti-gun folks in the crowd and highly grateful that he had a weapon on him at that moment and time...and the fortitude and training to use it appropriately.

edit on 6-8-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Yeah, but to be fair, the majority of cases where people are injured by a gun, don't get reported to the public either.

As in the thousands up on thousands of domestics (and what not), which end up with an injury caused by a gun.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I've had two instances where my gun saved what probably would have been bad situations. One was a gentleman looking to break into my house with a sledge hammer--I've related this elsewhere on ATS before--didn't call the cops, the second was, though I can't be positive, an ex-con with a beef against my sister.

He demanded to see her, I said no, he started pounding on the door, I told him I was armed--I was--and that if he came in, he'd leave dead. Not quite in those words, but that was the gist of it.

Racked the slide on the ol' pump gun, he left rapidly. The cops picked him up after he accosted someone at the mall right down the street.

It's only a guess on my part, but most incidents end with no shots fired, and it would be a "he said/he said" situation that most people don't have time to deal with, nor do they want to. So any stats that purport to show anything are probably off more than slightly. MHO, of course.

I’ve never ascribed to the racking a slide to deter a criminal, my chambers stay hot, that extra second or three and not alerting someone wanting to do harm your position could save your life. Remember no one should ever be like that moron out in Cali that decided he’d by a shotgun but not buy any ammo just to use racking the slide as a deterrent and was killed for his “smart thinking” by a home invader. Any gun should be treated as such so keep them loaded all the time unless you have a specific reason not to and rectify it ASAP. I know you most likely no better but I don’t like less expierenced people getting the idea that a noise making intimidation factor is all they need.

Right on to the legal use of a firearm to save lives. It’s ridiculous the amount of crime stopped by the legal ownership of weapons, he’ll even crime goes down in relation to firearm friendly communities.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Yeah, but to be fair, the majority of cases where people are injured by a gun, don't get reported to the public either.

As in the thousands up on thousands of domestics (and what not), which end up with an injury caused by a gun.

Not so much when a firearm is discharged unless it’s a really bad or rural area, of someone gets injured by a firearm more often than not they’re going to make contact with medical care and the incident will be reported. Even if the person won’t admit how or why it happened a gunshot wound is pretty distinctive to emergency medical personal. The amount of unreported negative incidents is far higher with positive results.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

But.....but, they shouldv’e just called the police after he shot eighteen people, then waste tax payer money with a trial,
prison sentence, and rehabilitate him where I’m sure he would be a productive and valued member of society.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

( deep breath ).....MAGAZINE!! NOT "CLIP"!

I'm better now.
Carry on.

Perhaps He is typing about His 'long gun'? Whacha got for a pistol?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Portugal, my home country:

Extremely difficult to get guns. Some hardcore criminals have them. Public doesn't. No recorded school shootings, no massacres, violent homicides are a fraction of the ones in the USA (per capita). You only need good guys with guns because you're gun nutters.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join