It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville is shutting down for the weekend??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Well, not entirely, but but enough of it is for me to tell my kids to avoid the place.

“With input from the Virginia State Police, the Charlottesville Police Department and the Charlottesville Fire Department, Interim City Manager Mike Murphy has determined that it is essential for the safety of persons and property that adjustments be made to city operations, city-sponsored events, vehicular traffic and parking restrictions,” Brian Wheeler, city communications director, said in a prepared statement.

Murphy has decided to shutter City Hall, the City Hall Annex and other downtown city offices beginning at 2 p.m. Aug. 10, Wheeler said.

Public access to those locations will be limited beginning Tuesday. City Hall will only have public access through the Main Street/Downtown Mall main door and the annex will have access to the public only through the Market Street entrance.

Link

They're shutting down the parks and recreational areas, most of downtown, many streets will have restricted access and no off street parking, parking garages will be shut down or only available for those with parking permits, and downtown residents.

Here's the announcement on the city's website with a map of the area that is included.

www.charlottesville.org...

For those who don't know this coming weekend is the anniversary of that great Unite the Right Rally that resulted in a car running through a bunch of people. The wanted to return this year for rerun of that great event but was blocked by the city. Kessler finally just gave up on the legal fight for that one and announced that they would instead all congregate in Washington for it instead. but, he also said that this wasn't the end of it as he left.

Well, now we have the city going to some extreme measures at the urging of the FBI, state, and local police.
Even though the action is supposedly all gonna be DC's headaches this time.

Pray or send good vibes to the city.
edit on 6-8-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
A year already....I was on ATS watching it live as it happened.
A few showed their true colours putting blame on the poor girl who was murdered.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting
ya, I remember...
I can't help wonder just what they are reacting to now though. for them to go to the extreme that they are, I imagine that they see a credible threat.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
That is not how you stop it from happening again.

If they do not want anyone hurt in the same manner then they gotta do a reenactment of the event.

The year after the boston marathon bombing they arrested the guy walking down the road with a backpack full of empty pressure cooker and everyone said how crazy he was but i knew he was up to goodness.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

for some reason, a reenactment of a car plowing into a crowd of people just doesn't sound like a good idea..

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

We don't often agree, but this time we do...

I think it's a bit of an over-reaction on the part of the city. But, there's always the possibility that they know something we don't...

So, better safe than sorry, I suppose.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

for some reason, a reenactment of a car plowing into a crowd of people just doesn't sound like a good idea..

Depends on the production value added...

You are right that no one needs to get hurt and what i purposed is just what some call exercising demons.

Some believe in the unseen and feel that the energy around the event needs to be garnered in some manner before it finds another victim by means of violence.

I doubt anyone will be playing with toy cars and action figures on that street this week so we will get to see if there is any truth behind my thought.

Either way it will be interesting to see how the energy plays out...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

well, at one point they had like a family fun day planned for the weekend, with petting zoo and dunk tank.
but I think that it may have been cancelled.
if we are talking about energies, that could have transformed some of that energy into something more positive.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Censorship is all I see. Seems to be a trend this week towards anyone that doesn't lean left politically.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

they have a four block by around nine block section of the downtown area blocked off by either road closure or restricted area. and they say that there are gonna be police on duty to assure it's enforce.
that's alot of businesses being affected, and probably alot of residents also.
if they were covering their butts, just in case, they could have done that in a less costly, less disruptive way you'd think.

the map of the area affected:
www.charlottesville.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Meanwhile on another thread a right winger is calling for protesters to be put down by the military.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

well, at one point they had like a family fun day planned for the weekend, with petting zoo and dunk tank.
but I think that it may have been cancelled.
if we are talking about energies, that could have transformed some of that energy into something more positive.

That is a good point cause it is not like they were gonna stop the marathon i mentioned so it was necessary in that case.

Perhaps that negative energy got into the minds of the decision makers and decided against anything positive and opted for some event that would put the spotlight back on the area with a side of panic.

Some make find the thoughts here crazy but imo the antifa crap that just went down was negated by the group that choose to march and pray.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Its "exorcising demons"

Your posts lack a certain coherency; and BTW I don't think you understand how "energies" work.

Maybe the authorities can employ you in predicting future events?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I'm surprised he hasn't done something about the group that's been gathering at the white house since he's come home from his meeting with putin...

don't know if the video worked or not...
but I did enjoy the violinist in it...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

He will never do owt he is a coward behind a keyboard.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

He will never do owt he is a coward behind a keyboard.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

or maybe the fbi actually saw signs on the internet that led them to believe that there were plans to do something.
who knows..

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It was a war between two evil factions. Sadly some people were too stupid to avoid the clash between Communists and Nazis. Hopefully people will stay away and let them kill each other this time.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Speak of the devil..

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

reenactment? In 10 yrs there will probably be a museum there dedicated to the Charlottesville holocaust

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join