It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

InfoWars Banned from Facebook and iTunes

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I’d be curious to see the breakdown of what all the people trashing Facebook for choosing who they do business with versus what those same people said about the baker who chose who they did business with.

I bet some conservative hypocrisy would be evident...
edit on 7-8-2018 by DoubleDNH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Xenogears

originally posted by: intrepid
Does this ban say something about social media, AJ or society in general. Corp's #1 goal is to make money. If hosting AJ loses them dough then this makes sense. That also extrapolates to their audience. So maybe it's society behind their move to do this.

Companies filled with radical leftists are known to take moves that cost them millions of dollars. Putting radical SJW ideology on marvel comics and on star wars cost them millions of dollars. Yet they did it anyway.

If taking alex jones off, costs them millions, they may do it anyway. Ideology trumps money with some.

I work for marvel, Sony, Disney on occasion. If they are losing money, then why are they still cranking out CGI shows, one after another? With so many in pre production and in production. If it's a SJW agenda...the American public love's it.

editorial.rottentomatoes.com...

If you are so triggered by current media content; start your own production company and compete. Join us....anyone with a good story can make a movie with today's digital technology. Willing to do the work?

Start here....www.celtx.com...

Alex was a victim of his own silly BS not some media agenda. Capitalism....

They've kept the SJWs apart from many of their big blockbusters.

They put them in charge of star wars, BIG BUCKS biggest franchise, how is it doing now?

They put radicals in charge of comics, the comic sales tanked.

It is only by keeping in check radical ideology in their other franchises that they've been successful. They should not forget, that it is not only virtually the entirety of the united states, minus california, that opposes the radical left. But many, perhaps most of china too also mocks the radical left.

They ain't succeeding if they lose america and china. Star wars proved that, their comic sales proved that.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

I’d be curious to see the breakdown of what all the people trashing Facebook for choosing who they do business with versus what those same people said about the baker who chose who they did business with.

The baker is one small lone baker. Don't recall the details of the case, but he'd probably bake them a normal cake no problem. It is forcing him to with his own hands bake something he opposes that was at issue. Same as if he was a jewish holocaust survivor baker asked to make a swastika cake for a Hindu party.

Now imagine if all major food chains and supermarket chains decided to ban someone. Oh, you say he can order from another country and bake in his own house? That's about the same as what's been done here.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Does this ban say something about social media, AJ or society in general. Corp's #1 goal is to make money. If hosting AJ loses them dough then this makes sense. That also extrapolates to their audience. So maybe it's society behind their move to do this.

Companies filled with radical leftists are known to take moves that cost them millions of dollars. Putting radical SJW ideology on marvel comics and on star wars cost them millions of dollars. Yet they did it anyway.

If taking alex jones off, costs them millions, they may do it anyway. Ideology trumps money with some.

I work for marvel, Sony, Disney on occasion. If they are losing money, then why are they still cranking out CGI shows, one after another? With so many in pre production and in production. If it's a SJW agenda...the American public love's it.

editorial.rottentomatoes.com...

If you are so triggered by current media content; start your own production company and compete. Join us....anyone with a good story can make a movie with today's digital technology. Willing to do the work?

Start here....www.celtx.com...

Alex was a victim of his own silly BS not some media agenda. Capitalism....

They've kept the SJWs apart from many of their big blockbusters.

They put them in charge of star wars, BIG BUCKS biggest franchise, how is it doing now?

They put radicals in charge of comics, the comic sales tanked.

It is only by keeping in check radical ideology in their other franchises that they've been successful. They should not forget, that it is not only virtually the entirety of the united states, minus california, that opposes the radical left. But many, perhaps most of china too also mocks the radical left.

They ain't succeeding if they lose america and china. Star wars proved that, their comic sales proved that.

If Disney is in danger, why is the stock still going up? I'm betting on Disney and buying a few more shares. My only purchases since I bailed out of the mkt last year.

markets.businessinsider.com...

Media is undergoing a renaissance and the controllers will control the world...get in on it while you still can!!! Promoting whine fests on ATS won't get you very far.

investorplace.com...

edit on 7-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Words

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Other conservative outless have lost access to payment processors, and have had to close doors. How long until payment processors target him too? How long do you think alex can operate if his followers can't buy his products?

Sounds like Alex would be a victim of the free market then to me.

That’s a misunderstanding of the free market.

How so? Being hosted on a company's website is a free market transaction. If that company drops you then that is the free market at work. Sounds like you are upset because the free market is working in a way you don't approve to me.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Other conservative outless have lost access to payment processors, and have had to close doors. How long until payment processors target him too? How long do you think alex can operate if his followers can't buy his products?

Sounds like Alex would be a victim of the free market then to me.

Aha, I hear getting a domain registrar corp going is like 200,000 to ask for approval and cannot be done until 2020, and then it will be vetted by private parties which may be radical leftist.

How free of the market does that sound?

I didn't hear you mention the government so 100% free.

The cost of creating a payment processor is very heavy, and requires lots of regulation. How free of the market.

Well the regulations set back the freedom, but that is the cost of doing business for anyone. Not just right wing tomatoes who are working on a stroke from all the yelling they do.

You know when alex has the support of millions and yet, you are claiming keeping millions who support him, millions who want to buy his products from being able to buy them is free market. How ridiculous. Free market is consumer choice, when you put highly regulated intermediates that block consumer choice, that is the opposite of the free market.

A free market is a market free from being manipulated by government forces. Partisan market forces have nothing to do with the affecting the free market. If a group of private, liberal corporations aren't letting Alex on the airwaves then that is his own problem and he needs to figure out how to fix it. Though since he already has his own website and product sales that isn't a problem.
edit on 7-8-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

"Radical SJW" ideology is making sure there isn't just one black person in all of Star Wars or making Thor a woman? Ehhh... That sounds like hyperbole to me.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

How so? Being hosted on a company's website is a free market transaction. If that company drops you then that is the free market at work. Sounds like you are upset because the free market is working in a way you don't approve to me.

Uh, no. Governments around the world have increasingly pressured Facebook and Twitter to block undesirable content so as to suppress dissent, hate speech, harassment etc.
edit on 7|8|18 by Words because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Words

So what? Pressure doesn't mean government action. You need actual regulations or legislation for that. Also, this: www.infowars.com... I don't see a 404 page when I click on that. Do you?

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

So what? Pressure doesn't mean government action. Also, this: www.infowars.com... I don't see a 404 page when I click on that. Do you?

So what? That's not the free market.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

The baker is one small lone baker. Don't recall the details of the case, but he'd probably bake them a normal cake no problem. It is forcing him to with his own hands bake something he opposes that was at issue. Same as if he was a jewish holocaust survivor baker asked to make a swastika cake for a Hindu party.

Now imagine if all major food chains and supermarket chains decided to ban someone. Oh, you say he can order from another country and bake in his own house? That's about the same as what's been done here.

The scale might be larger but the underlying principle is the same. A private industry should never be forced by the government or anyone else to use their privately owned resources against their will. If you supported the baker in their case but are railing against Facebook in this argument... me thinks you are a hypocrite.
edit on 7-8-2018 by DoubleDNH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

So what exactly do you want here? The governments to force twitter, facebook, youtube, and apple to carry AJ's content?

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

So what exactly do you want here? The governments to force twitter, facebook, youtube, and apple to carry AJ's content?

No I want them to stay out of facebook and other company's businesses, and to stop threatening companies into censoring content.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Not force them, but allow them their freedoms. How would you like it if your car was banned from using the roads!?? Hey it's their right to ban you if they see fit. Why should your car be able to use a public road!! Your views suck and everyone agrees you should not be able to use the road. That means all your family too. How can you not see the fascistic slippery slope they've started. But, I'm guessing in Germany you'd have agreed with the Nazi's when they started to censor stuff. These companies are taking a playbook from their Communist China clients.
edit on 7-8-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

They are staying out of those companies' business. No government entity has forced Twitter, Facebook, Apple, or any other social media platform to do anything.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Not force them, but allow them their freedoms. How would you like it if your car was banned from using the roads!?? Hey it's their right to ban you if they see fit. Why should your car be able to use a public road!! Your views suck and everyone agrees you should not be able to use the road. That means all your family too. How can you not see the fascistic slippery slope they've started. But, I'm guessing in Germany you'd have agreed with the Nazi's when they started to censor stuff.

Allow who their freedoms? Whose freedom isn't being allowed here? BTW, roads in the US are all publicly owned and they can't ban you from using them. COMPLETELY different situation than what we are comparing here. Apple and Facebook aren't government organizations.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

If these social media companies are going to act like an exclusive club, maybe regulations are in order.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

They are staying out of those companies' business. No government entity has forced Twitter, Facebook, Apple, or any other social media platform to do anything.

However, trump threatens CNN and other news platforms almost daily from his twitter account. And the right wing agrees with him...

www.latimes.com...
edit on 7-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry
But he doesn't spew hatred. The talking heads on the left say that he spews hatred so they can ban him. The parrots on the left, without using any original/critical thought of their own, go right along with it and echo with #the-latest-metoo-meme-movement.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Why? Right wing wacko and liar isn't a protected class of citizen. Social media platforms, just like any other business, have a Constitutional right not to host his services. Regulating social media platforms to force them to carry the content is authoritarianism. Not to mention government favoritism.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join